Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tyros 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XVampireX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Tyros 2 Reply with quote

Hi, I went to some Yamaha store today and looked into this thing called Tyros 2 which they had, now here's what I have to tell you, first of all, it costs way more than an M3 costs.. But let me tell you, it doesn't even come close to the M3, it's a piece of s**t that costs MORE than an M3 (19480 is the Tyros 2 which is 61 keys and the M3 costs 18900 , the 88 version, that is...), they are in a different league altogether, jesus, is my comparison really crappy or is it true what I'm saying?
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really is not fair to compare the 2! The Tyros is an arranger like the PA1X or PA800. The M3 Is a workstation which is designed for composition. Now if you were comparing the M3 to the Motif, That would be fair! Wink
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also alot of people who would disagree with your assessment as well. In the end as mentioned you weren't comparing similar/like products and its always about what works best for people. There are alot of keyboardist out there who will swear by the Tyros 2.
XVampireX

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but even the sounds that I heard on the Tyros 2 were really bad compared to the M3, besides, M3 is a synthesizer, not just a workstation so it has to be able to work well with sounds, specifically having the greatest sounds and being able to control them.

But anyway, I was so surprised at the price. I for example wouldn't ever buy Tyros 2 because it's so silly buying 61 key keyboard with less features that doesn't sound as well as the M3 which has 88 keys at the closest price range and has tons of features.. I don't know it sounds like yamaha made the tyros for the purpose of making money more than a quality product. I know I'm wrong because those 2 are different kinds of keyboards but it just doesn't justify the price of what I've seen of the Tyros 2... I would say okey, maybe for lets say... 8000 but not 19480 which is more than M3!!!!!

Oh and for those who didn't get it, I'm talking about Israeli New Shekels currency which translates every dollar to something like 4 ILS (Changed all the time so that's about the average right now).
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with you about the sound quality of the Tyros!! Korg is absolutely stomping Yamaha! IMO Cool
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
Gary L

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree in regards to the Tyros getting stomped by Korg. If you use sales as a measure then its certainly not true. Have you listened/compared the piano sounds? Its not even remotely close there. Most of the acoustic instruments are also significantly better. I'm not saying Korg has crappy sounds but the Tyros has some truly amazing sounds. The Tyros 2 is a great instrument and I can't believe you'd think it sounds that bad, but then again this is a korg forum. Rolling Eyes
XVampireX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you relate this being a Korg forum to me "putting down" the Tyros 2? I've listened to it personally, it doesn't sound good for me and doesn't satisfy my need for a full 88 key synthesizer that also doesn't sound horrible.

That's just my view, like others putting down the M3 because apparently, the Motif XS is somehow better and has better acoustic sounds, that's their opinion, am I not entitled to my own opinion, and personal experience?
Gary L

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampire,

My post was not directed at you. I can accept anyone's opinion as long as they give a reason why which you clearly did. My post was directed at the one above mine. Not every keyboard is going to be for everyone. I get that and I respect that, but when someone makes an assenine comment like the one above mine without any reference and the $ figures show something entirely different, it makes me wonder what they are smoking. If you were offended by my post, I apologize but it wasn't meant towards you. It would suck if everyone played the exact same instrument. more instruments means more diversity which is good to me.
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary L wrote:
I disagree in regards to the Tyros getting stomped by Korg. If you use sales as a measure then its certainly not true. Have you listened/compared the piano sounds? Its not even remotely close there. Most of the acoustic instruments are also significantly better. I'm not saying Korg has crappy sounds but the Tyros has some truly amazing sounds. The Tyros 2 is a great instrument and I can't believe you'd think it sounds that bad, but then again this is a korg forum. Rolling Eyes

What I should have said is that Korg seems to be, to me, a much more well rounded instrument! Yamaha does have some excellent sounds. Now if we are talking Pianos, Nothing touches Kurzweil! IMO!! Razz
KingJ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree with the original poster. I have a Tyros2, and it sounds fantastic, especially in the accoostic sounds. It's keyboard action is also impressive, and it has the same keyboard as the Motif XS6. The bad things about the Tyros2 are that it's all plastic, and it's definitely overpriced. I think that about 2200 US dollars would have been a fair price for it. It's 3500 dollar price would have only been justified if the Tyros2 was in an all metal case, and if it had onboard sampling, and much better filters. Otherwise, the T2 is a great instrument, and I love mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: