Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best hard disk and cd drive for pa1x?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt smith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Best hard disk and cd drive for pa1x? Reply with quote

Im looking to add a hard disk and cd drive to my pa1x.
Any recommendations on what my best possible options are and how much they are likely to cost? (In English Pounds please)

Sorry if this has been asked many times before this, im pretty new around here.

Cheers.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt

With regard to the hard drive, I would suggest you search for forum messages from wittid (Detlef) - he has some good experience with this.

As for the CDR drive - BE VERY CAREFUL. I bought a second-hand one which I was told was the same unit that Korg use for the PA1X and Triton keyboards - I installed it and it worked perfectly, however I started to notice that any MP3 recordings I made had irritating intermittent "clicks" in them. It was purely by chance that I discovered that it was the CDR drive which caused the problem - even though it wasn't being used at the time. SO, to be safe, buy the genuine Korg item however it is very expensive. If you need AKAI samples then you have no choice but to install the CDR drive, otherwise I recommend you use a portable CD/MP3 player and connect it to your audio in on your PA1X. Sure, you can't record on it but you can always transfer recordings and data to your PC and create your CDs there - much safer, more flexible and a lot faster (the PA1X CDR is SLOOOOOWWW).

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
riggers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: hard drive Reply with quote

Hi Matt,
I put a hard drive in my PA1X only a couple of moths ago. From the Internet, do a Google search for Fujitsu MHT 2030AT. This is one of the recommended hard drives by Korg for the PA1X. You should then find a company called Ultratec (WWW.ultratec .co.uk). It says no stock if you go direct, but through Google it takes you to the right product. You will see the price in sterling also. I think they are overhauled units, but I've had no trouble and the price is right.
Then get a hard drive mounting bracket kit from the Korg parts dept. at Milton Keynes (about £10) if you dont have it already. Follow the installation instructions in the owners manual (at the back) and you have a 30 GB hard drive. Mine works perfectly and I have not had any trouble. Good Luck.
Riggers
matt smith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.
Very helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: