Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HERE ARE THE VERY LATEST OFFICIAL FACTS: PA2X against PA1X!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wittid wrote:
... a big minus point are the missing EXB-Slots - so all PA1X Users with EXB-Board have no possibility to change to PA2X cause Korg cut them.

On another thread, Paolo Tramannoni posted this information about EXB's being discontinued by Korg ... "EXBs are no longer supported for environmental reasons. But a new way of distributing protected PCM data will be available with USB media. More about this later. Creators of EXB cards will be able to convert their data to this new, more efficient and less expensive format, and offer their customers an upgrade path. "

Evidently the USB media are for distributing PCM data (ie not for playing samples). Users of the Pa800 and Pa2x will still have to load samples from USB to RAM before the samples can play back. Paolo said elsewhere that the sample RAM on the Pa2x loads faster than the sample RAM on the Pa1x, but there is no further info on timings just yet.

Reprogrammable EXB ROM cards for the Pa1x meeting current environmental standards (ie using lead free solder) are available from a 3rd party manufacturer in Germany. There is also a reprogrammer availble for use from a PC. They were a very recent development. The advantage that these cards provide to Pa1x live performers is that user PCM samples are played back directly and there is no delay while samples have to be loaded from disk or USB device.

I share Detlef's disappointment that any investment in these cards would not be reusable on the Pa2x. I expect that some live performers will keep the Pa1x Pro for this reason.

Best regards,
Rob
benok

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hi, why all this exitment what is what, i have the pro1 with the 2 ex boards in it, sounds very fine to me, also updated the 800 to the latest os, sounds super, traded in my roland G70 for a yamaha workstation motif xs7 wich came with cubase software,nice board,goes well and sounds nice with the korgboards, no touch screen on the yamy,but lodes of nice sounds & nice keyfeel, if the pro2 comes around to the store i will check it out,but then i got every thing for now, yamy has 1 gig ram for samples ,usb, host,mlan connection,so there is enugh for the rest of my days, i will keep my korgs that i have now, Very Happy Very Happy best regards to you all, BENOK
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Pete...he is an inside guy i think... Question
hellboy44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:

Reprogrammable EXB ROM cards for the Pa1x meeting current environmental standards (ie using lead free solder) are available from a 3rd party manufacturer in Germany. There is also a reprogrammer availble for use from a PC. They were a very recent development. The advantage that these cards provide to Pa1x live performers is that user PCM samples are played back directly and there is no delay while samples have to be loaded from disk or USB device.

That is awesome news, and answers a question I had in another thread.

Guys - help a newbie out:

Who has used these cards?

How much are they? (I'm in Australia)

How reliable are they Live?

When I get some money together, I FULLY intend to get one of these. I think I'd be mad not to. ANY INFO on these would be appreciated (I don't speak German, so please post an English link if possible!)

Thanks to whoever replies to this........................Smile

(Hopefully)
benok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellboy 44 ,you got mail, on your site, benok Smile Smile
hellboy44

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Benok, I went to the website and then searched this forum for all references to these cards (in particular the "Golden Entertainer" board).

I want THAT one!

My 2 problems are:

1. At the moment, I don't have the funds, but will in the next few months (possibly sooner!), but the price still need to come down - just a little!!?!?!? Yes??????

2. It does seem that any seriously interested buyer that doesn't live in Germany or the UK has a Price and delivery problem... i.e. too expensive (regarding Euro exchange rates) and the method of buying is a bit "cloak and daggers" to me - no guarantees regarding delivery or damages etc etc.

When I read the various threads regarding this product, they all seem to stop in 2006 (or at least early '07).
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

So :

WHO HAS THIS BOARD (preferably a US/UK Australian customer) and what do you think?

It certainly seems to me anyone "worried" about the Pa2x or the PA800 can rest easy as this seems a significant upgrade in sounds and styles.

Thank you for your reply Benok, but if I could have some reviews or recommendations or testimonials or more English info regarding these boards I'd feel better (and Xprodata wold have a new customer!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Btw, what happened to wittid putting a definitive link on these boards (Sharp gave him permission I read in one thread - what happened with that????)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: