Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modernizing the N364

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dmitry_n364

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Modernizing the N364 Reply with quote

Hello all! I am an owner of a N364. I've been using the Triton Extreme recently; comparing the two I would say that although my N364 works much better for all that piano-strings-bells-whistles-whatever stuff, the Extreme still kicks ass with electronic stuff with its powerful arps and filters.
So, here's the question - is there any way I could 'modernize' my N364? F.e. assigning resonant filter to value slider; I read that resonant filter is called 'color' in my N364, but I couldn't find a way to assign it to value slider or whatever. I've found the parameter named 'color' in the 'edit' menu, but changing it doesn't have the effect resonant filter has.
By the way, is there a way to imitate arps (f.e. creating patches like A20 'Runaway Pad' - i just can't understand how does this thing work), because my N364 has a very poor arpeggiator? RPPR maybe?
Any other ideas on some kind of electronic stuff on364?

thanks a lot,
Dmitry
Yoozer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Modernizing the N364 Reply with quote

Dmitry_n364 wrote:

So, here's the question - is there any way I could 'modernize' my N364? F.e. assigning resonant filter to value slider; I read that resonant filter is called 'color' in my N364, but I couldn't find a way to assign it to value slider or whatever.

The N-series does not have a resonant filter built in per preset, but one of the effects is a resonant filter; it is used as a master effect, which means you can't do anything like using it with an envelope.

The Extreme has a resonant filter - but it's not AI2 synthesis, it's HI. Different engine.

Quote:
By the way, is there a way to imitate arps (f.e. creating patches like A20 'Runaway Pad' - i just can't understand how does this thing work), because my N364 has a very poor arpeggiator?

You might want to look at this video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfGR0q3jUiw

It explains it in detail Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: