Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help!..My N1 just took a long hot shower.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmseth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Help!..My N1 just took a long hot shower. Reply with quote

So I rambled downstairs this morning to find that a hot water pipe had burst sometime last night directly over my N1. It was very clean, but also very drenched. I seriously doubt it will work again. The good news is that insurance will cover it. I just noticed however, that N1s are no longer made.

Would the SP500 be a comparable? Is it basically the same? I paid about 1300 for my N1 way back in 98 and am looking for something of comparable value/features that I can claim it against.

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks! Eric
Yoozer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't get a secondhand N1; the SP500 doesn't have the plethora of presets the N1 has (1000+). I don't think it covers the entire range of sounds the N1 had, but due to its later release, it should have an equal or bigger memory for the samples.

The N1's generally not that easy to find, but you could opt for the rack version - the NX5R (there's also an NS5R, but that one's older).
Trinity2112
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed one this morning on Ebay and thought I'd pass it along:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-N1-Synthesizer-88-Weighted-Keys-Keyboard-N-1-w-Cs_W0QQitemZ120164484346QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64385QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Current Korg Lineup: Kronos 61, Oasys 76 · M3-61/RADIAS · Trinity Plus/HDR · 01/WFD · 01R/W · X3R · M3R · Wavestation EX · Wavestation SR · Triton Rack/MOSS · Z1EX · TR-Rack · Karma · D3200 · iM1 · iWavestation · iMono/Poly
Other Synths: Berhinger Deepmind 12 · iProphet · Moog Model D
Dearly departed: X3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: