Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After Touch and the X5DR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AMS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: After Touch and the X5DR Reply with quote

The school where I teach has several X5DRs. Since they didn't have a manual, I found one on-line. Still, I'm having trouble getting it to receive after touch messages. For the moment, I'm using a small Roland keyboard countroller. As near as I can tell, the Roland is sending the messages (though I'm going to try another keyboard just to rule out the possibility the problem lies there.) I'm using the X5DR in combination mode, and it looks like touch sensitivity is enabled, but I'm still at a loss. Where am I going wrong? I'd be grateful for any help solving this problem.

Thanks.
Alan
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

I am not familiar with this older Korg piece, but if I were in the same position I would check that the Programs used by the Combi's you're testing with have been programmed to respond to After Touch.

I would be tempted to go into Program mode and edit a Program so that After Touch is assigned to modulate Pitch with a high intensity setting, it will then become much more obvious if it's working.

My 2c,

Daz.
Trilha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan:
Go to the Global Page (press the Global/Multi button twice for enter in that page) and navigate to the 02C MIDI FILTER page. Check the second parameter (AFT:....). Be sure that parameter is at ENA (Enabled) condition and all Combi/Prog which have aftertouch assigned to any parameter will be able to receive that info.
If the AFT parameter in the Midi Filter page is at DIS (Disabled), notwithstanding the Combis/Progs have any parameter assigned to be controlled by aftertouch, it will not receive that info, because it will be globally filtered.
I hope this help.
Greetings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: