Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expansion sound cards for Triton: best ones and how much?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgySteve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Expansion sound cards for Triton: best ones and how much? Reply with quote

I bought my Triton Classic Pro in May 2000 but just haven't had the time Crying or Very sad Recently, I decided enough was enough and that I would prioritise using it. I always fancied getting the Piano / Classics expansion card and another card, but decided to postphone it until later. Now of course they are no longer made Embarassed Could members recommend me suitable cards and what would be a fair price to pay.

Kind regards to all,

Korgy Steve Very Happy

P.S. for Pagey: Thanks for you reply: I'll keep monitoring Ebay. A piano/ classics board went recently on there for £78: I would say that was a lot!

Last edited by KorgySteve on Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
pagey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visit http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?A_PROD_NO=TRITON
and scroll down the page and you will find MP3's from all the expansion cards made which will hopefully give you an idea which one is best for you.
As for fair price - check out ebay as cards appear on there all the time which can go really cheap or really expensive - I guess a card is only worth what your willing to pay for it!
I got a bargain when i brought exb 6/7 as it came with out the original box so the resale value is reduced but then again I didn't buy it to sell it so i was happy with my purchase!

Hope that helps mate

Good Luck Wink

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
broryda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely keep an eye on ebay...I just picked up the CONCERT PIANO card [PCM-08] for $88.00 USD, used in original box, and the DANCE EXTREME card [PCM-04] for $80.00 USD, used in original box. Hopefully this info helps!
tripecac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious why you are looking for expansion cards.

Do you not like the samples already in the Triton? Are you looking for more samples? Better samples?

Have you tried replacing the sounds in your E bank? I think there are some downloadable sound sets but I haven't tried any yet.
philtipping

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Orchestral PCM06 on eBay Reply with quote

There's an Orchestral PCM06 on eBay at the moment if you're still interested.
Phil.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tripecac wrote:
I am curious why you are looking for expansion cards.

Do you not like the samples already in the Triton? Are you looking for more samples? Better samples?

You can never have too many sounds, trip.

Sounds Good
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello KorgySteve,

I still have a brand new EXB09 Trance Attack card that I don't use in the original box if you like! PM me for more info. It's a very very very good card for the Triton series!!

Regards,
Dimitris
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitris wrote:
I still have a brand new EXB09 Trance Attack card... It's a very very very good card for the Triton series!

I agree with that. Too bad the Triton Classic doesn't have blank user slots like the M3.

I got tired of swapping sounds. Sad
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I used to have the triton classic with the dance exb. However i loved the Classic Light Studio set (Free programs compiled by my brother from Triton Classic - Le and Studio)... I rarely touched my exb sounds.

If you haven´t tried it here´s the link: http://www.korgforums.com/support/triton-pcg/cls.zip

Please backup your current pcg data before trying it !
tripecac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with that. Too bad the Triton Classic doesn't have blank user slots like the M3.

I got tired of swapping sounds.

Yeah, that's the thing that's holding me back from trying out the different sound people have created. I use Sonar as my sequencer, and want to make sure I can return the Triton to the state it was in for a given song.

I see that PCG data is not stored in the SEQ data, which means that my SEQ mode SYSX dumps (which I store in each Sonar song) won't give me back the sounds I was using at the time...

So the options seem to be to either:

a) save a PCG SYSX dump for each song
-- PRO: automatically included in each Sonar project file
-- CON: very slow

b) copy PCG "snapshots" to floppy or SCSI drive, make notes in each song which snapshot is needed
-- CON: horribly inconvenient (to save, load, document, backup, etc.)

Has anyone found an easier way to save/restore PCG states for each song?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: