Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity Vs Triton: First Round
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Itīs my own opinion, but...

I really think that a loaded Trinity can still beat a Triton ! (in some features, at last, is equal, and some are better.) Cool

What a pity It hasīnt an arpegiator!!! Itīs the only serious mistake I find on it. (well, realtime knobs cotrollers sould add so much to MOSS and solo boards, but this machine is old in its concept for that...)

An Arpeggiator  would make a Trinity as valuable as Triton, as I think that HDR option is more versatile than the sampler....or not?

What do you think on this matter?  Wink

D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

There is only one thing that bothers me...That TRITON wasn't designed like Trinity was, with the quality enhancing aluminium top. I don't miss the arp functions, but I'm very satisfied with it's touch screen (I also have TRITON-Rack where I have to press menu buttons). Sometimes when I want to fool around I route the arps (or Audition Riffs) throgh Trinity. Said for the millionth time: Some sounds are much better on Trinity ! Most are equal...are there any worse sounding ? (comparing old classic TRITON preload to Trinity preload) - I doubt...

Roland JV-1010 / Triton-Rack 96MB / Trinity Plus PBS-TRI / Yamaha MOTIF6 64MB / Roland Fantom-XR 512MB / Yamaha MOXF6 1GB / Roland XV-3080 / Roland FANTOM-06 / Yamaha MODX6+ / E-mu Proteus 2000 / Roland XV-5080 128MB / Kross 1 / Kross 2
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

BTW: Still looking for a PBS- TRI board...
Please contact me if any of you sells it or Knows where to find one.  ???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Yeph, I’d agree with you on that Vesa.
My two points would be the surface finish, and HDR.

Boy would I like HDR on the Triton Studio. It’s almost there as it is. We just need direct from hard disk reading/writing when in SEQ mode.

Regards.
Sharp.

Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

I'd search for ads in regular newspapers, might be many from your region online even. God knows how many there are stuffed away under beds etc. Trinity could be sold without that option, the seller would probably get more from two sales.
Roland JV-1010 / Triton-Rack 96MB / Trinity Plus PBS-TRI / Yamaha MOTIF6 64MB / Roland Fantom-XR 512MB / Yamaha MOXF6 1GB / Roland XV-3080 / Roland FANTOM-06 / Yamaha MODX6+ / E-mu Proteus 2000 / Roland XV-5080 128MB / Kross 1 / Kross 2
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Yeah, Vesa, thatīs the idea. But the fact is that no one think on sell it by parts if you do not get that idea...Please remember me if you hear somethig which could help me to find any PBS...

Again on topic:
Iīm agree with both: The surface of Trinity is better. But hearing your commets, it seems that both of you have the two syths at home. So, in a way, maybe both of you think that they can be complementary one to another. That sould be the reason to have the two synths....

Hope more people add some comment to compare both speriences with the two machines...I thik itīs a great topic!

D.

80salife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Hi David,

I have a full arranged Trinity with moss, HDR, Playbacksampler, Digital. I would never sell this damn piece! I also have the KARMA, so I complete my live setup. The Trinity effectsection ( my opinion ) is better, but the basic samples from KARMA (triton) seems to be better! Together this two instruments are unbeatable!

The dammage ist that I don't have a full sampler, just a small sampleplayer in my trinity, so I have to take care which kind of sample I use ( only a pianosample ) Sad(

The trinity have only 32 Voices ( plus 6 from moss)
The Karma have 64 voices, so with the new toy its better to handle great combinations! Unfortunately they only are 16fold multitimbral in Sequenzer, I wanna have 16 in one combination! ( Maybe the studio is 16fold multitimbral in combination, but I don't know )

In bottom of line the both instruments are in many parts nearly equal, but just these little differents make a great teamwork and so much fun!!!

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
SLR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Triton owners,  is the Touchscreen better on the Triton, ie more sensitive. I have to press the Trinity screen several times on occassion to get it to make the desired changes. (FAT FINGERS)
Mind you, the screen is more touch sensitive after being powered up for a while.

Lately I have taken to use a Palm Pilot Pen with no problems whatsoever.

I'd be intereseted to know if it is just my screen or are they all the same !
80salife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Hi SLR,

I also use a pen to choice the Touchscreen. THats the best to come direct to the menu I wanna go!!! Without I had the same problem, When i was looking for a combination, you have to scroll but often I've come to the mainmenu back, bullshit

Greetings

Achim

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

My screen works fine, and I usually press quite hard with the very edge of the fingertip...I almost "nail" it. I guess a pen is a good choice.

Don't know if calibrating the screen in Global would help ?
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

If i may make my usual suggestion Wink, look for MAM MAP-1. It's a little inexpensive arpeggiator that works great. It's not as powerful as Triton's arp, but it solved my arp lust i had everytime i was looking at a Triton in magazines. Better to invest in the trinity that to sell it!! I wanted to sell mine recently and checked its average value on the net...Boy, i hate technology advancement(when it's at my disadvantage Smile).

Blink
SLR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

By the sounds of it, my screen is ok then  Smile

I have to use the same kind of pressure.
I callibrate the screen often, but when you have to touch the blue squares, minimal effort is required !!

The beauty with the Palm Pilot Pen is just the minimal stroke does just what you 'tell' it to do.

But we diverse....... Not having played the Triton I will make that effort this weekend. Very much looking forward to it.  
Tomcat
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Hi Blink,

Is that arpeggiator a software or hardware item? Thanks.

Tom ;D
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
          It is good old hardware. You get 20 or so patterns with random. You can set a split point. So you have about all the features of Triton arps except they're not programmable and not polyphonic. Very handy toy. Just by fiddling with it, it has been responsable for quite a few riffs i wouldn't have thought without it.

Blink

80salife

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

I also have The Mam Map 1. I only use it for the Basslines in some popsongs. There are some possibilities, but to use for I only prefere  up/down/updown. The others seems to be playing incorrect to the external clock! And because of its little format its hard to handle! And programming is much easier on the Karma.

greetings

Achim

Live:
Studio:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: