Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kaoss Pad KP3 calibration?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
icecreammm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Kaoss Pad KP3 calibration? Reply with quote

I just bought a KP3 and I noticed that when I touch in the first column of leds at the left of the kp3, the leds of the second column light up. In the middle of the second column of leds, the third column of leds already light up.
At the right of the led matrix, it seems ok.
This makes it very difficult to operate, especially when I want to use drums, I just cant activate some drum in the first column.
I searched in the manual how to calibrate, but I didn't find anything. Google didn't give me anything either and I couldn't find anything in these forums. I only found how to calibrate Triton studio, but I can't do it the same way on the kp3.

So, my question is: How do I calibrate the touchscreen of the KP3?
I hope I don't have to bring it back because I waited 1 month and 1 week for this thing to be delivered in my music shop.
lilwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaoss Pad KP3 calibration? Reply with quote

I don't think you can, but you could try and update firmware, might help.
icecreammm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Kaoss Pad KP3 calibration? Reply with quote

lilwolf wrote:
I don't think you can, but you could try and update firmware, might help.

I did a firmware update but it didn't help, I guess I'll have to bring it back.
JunglistBE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem. I've just send it back to the online store i bhought it, they say i get a new one.
Gomba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem! Crying or Very sad
Pls Korg answer this question now !!! Sad
Enchurito

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do too all mine does is show the leds twitching in the very top right corner, its as if I was touching it up there. Mine only seems to respond when I actually touch it in the corner.
Enchurito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a way to fix this, I'll post pictures and an explaination tomorrow.
Enchurito

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here goes on how to fix the touchpad problem. I would not recommend doing this unless your either not worried about your warranty or if its already expired. Do this at your own risk.

Flip it over and unscrew the back. Make sure that when you take off the back there are two grounding copper things that go around two of the screws make sure they do not get broken or torn.

Undo all screws on the top two boards. One is a rectangle and the other a smaller rectangle connected by some ribbon cables. Now once you have all the screws taken out of that, including the ones up near the midi and sound connectors out take off the grounding wire that connects the top large board to the lower board. One of the top board screws is under a piece of black tape. This appears to make some contact not touch the bottom plate when the unit is closed so I would suggest to keep this tape intact and peel back as little as possible to get the screw out.

Now VERY important, take ultra good care of the paper thing ribbon cable connecting the top large board to the bottom board. I would suggest not unplugging this at all. If it does come loose it has an equally wimpy clasp holding it in place. Now just flip the top two boards over without disconnecting the large one from the bottom board.

Here comes the solution to the touchpad being off center or in my case almost completely nonfunctional. You should see a whole in the bottom board where a very small ribbon cable comes through. It is labeled right next to it CN2. See picture:

Now in my case the cable was not tight and also not latched by the white sliding clasp. Tighten up the cord with some tweezers or something like that that is precise enough.

Then once you have it shoved in the white connector good and tight (but not so forceful that it bends) lock the clasp. Now if its like my KP3 this should fix your problem. It should look like the following when latched.

Once this is done flip back over the top two boards and slip them back in their holes, reattach the grounding wire from big top board to bottom board then screw all the screws back in. Make sure on the bottom two screws that the copper things line up with the screw holes perfectly. Screw all the external screws back in and turn it back on.

This took my KP3 that was only able to do literally the top 3 led's worth of sound effects back to PERFECT working order. As I said I would not recommend doing this unless you have an expired warranty or you don't care about warranty. Anyone who does this tell me how it turned out for you.
Enchurito

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone try this yet?
Dr. Drips

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exactly the same problem.
the lightning indicates the dark center spot directly on the right side of my finger.
and it's impossible to access the most left region of the grid.

I really need to solve this also, because now, it's very hard to use.
Enchurito

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is still working perfect with about twice weekly useage after doing the fix I showed.
sclvan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this.

It did not seem to make any difference at all. Also, I don't think you need to remove the 'larger' board to gain access to the CN2 ribbon as mentioned. Just remove the back of the KP3, then remove the smaller board (the one with the headphone/microphone jacks and volume knobs). This should provide plenty of access to the CN2 ribbon. Also, the larger 'upper' board is held down by a few plastic 'teeth' and looked like you could possibly snap off the teeth to remove it.

My touchpad seems to be shifted one square up and one square right. The only way I can use the left and bottom squares is if I put my fingernail 'under' the edge of the pad. Quite annoying, I guess its time to send it in for repair.
Mareed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Looking for english KP3 calibrating guide Reply with quote

Hi!! Ive got the same problem with the left row and up corner. I found a calibration guide but its only available in japanese or something

www.korg.co.jp/Product/Dance/KP3/KP3_Calib_J1.pdf

for my pleasur, essential information are in english!!!!

So procedure is...

hold down 'PROGRAM MEMORY 7' PROGRAM MEMORY 8' and 'SAMPLING' while putting power on
Cal 1 will appear on screen

You just have to follow the picture in the japaness pdf in other to calibrate properly. It automaticly switch to next corner when you press the pad.

It work for me, hope it work for you to!!

Michael
islandstyle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WORKS PERFECTLY!THANKS!
Makes me wonder what other tricks might be lurking under the hood of the KP3?

This info should be made sticky!
BostonGreen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

islandstyle wrote:
This info should be made sticky!

I second that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: