Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1x instructional DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a dedicated advanced PA1X user DVD
Yes , including tips and tricks which i would pay for
78%
 78%  [ 39 ]
Yes but only if it comes free
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
no i can manage all by myself
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

Waver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,
I sent u a pm.. just saw your pm now sorry!
calaf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put my vote in.

I have had my keyboard for 18 months and I just think there is so much more in it that I haven't got near yet.
I am sure that the video will be an enormous help and perhaps let me know that there are better and easier ways to do certain things that I have got accustomed to.

To the people who will be involved in the project. Good luck to you all, I am unable to be in Maidenhead, but I am sure that all those of us who can't be there will really appreciate, and benefit from, your drive and commitment.
robthemuso

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big Hello to everyone engaged in making the video on the 9th. July.
I would have loved to be able to be there and assist, however commitments just won't allow me to, so please accept my sincere thanks and best wishes for a successful days recording. I appreciate all the hard work that has been done by you all. B.T.W. a get together of all PA1x /PA 800/80/50. owners once or twice a year seems to me to be a great theme for a night out. Maybe it could be regional or just central for everyone. Just a thought
Good luck you film stars and many thanks
Regards
Rob
chrisdance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have met Chris Whitehead and he is a very knowledgeable chap with the Korg products. I hope all goes well in the making of the DVD and although I cannot be there I would certinly purchase the end product.
How to set up and use the song book for gigs would be good and how if it is possible to transfer styles from the UK performance pack having installed the latest OS. That would be helpful to me and I hope to others as well.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could still use some help with the filming on 08/07/07 and we need someone with editing skills to put together the raw data. Can anyone assist ?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was in ENGLAND i would've gladly do it, but i am still here,
if i can help with anything you know where to find me.
Video/Photo/Audio Editing.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
If i was in ENGLAND i would've gladly do it, but i am still here,
if i can help with anything you know where to find me.
Video/Photo/Audio Editing.

Hi Nedim,

Thanks for your offer. Worth and I plan to shoot three digital camcorders at the same time (full keyboard, demonstrator head shot, closeup of Pa1x screen). We want the final video to fill the screen with the whole keyboard video, then use two Picture in picture windows - one for the head shot, the other for the screen closeup.

Do you have video editing facilities and the skills to merge three digital movies into one in this way, using PiP?

If so we'll be really grateful if you can do the final production, and we can send you the three sets of master tapes.

Also which of the camera shots would be easiest to carry the master sound track? Maybe we should record sound on all three cameras to assist with frame alingnment in the final mix?

Thanks in anticipation,
Rob (& Worth)
chrisdance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just learned today that Chris Whitehead no longer works for Korg. That must be a major loss to Korg. Does this affect the filming etc?
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chris,

I see you are in Bucks, not far from Maidenhead where we'll be doing the filming. We'd be real grateful for your help on the film day Sun 8th July - how about it? You can ask Chris Whitehead some of the questions for the Video yourself and get a day's expert training free of charge!

Thanks,
Rob
chrisdance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob,
I need to get my Korg fault sorted first; that is a worry as I have promised friends I would play for a party on the 8th July.
korgich

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have my vote to. This is my first post, i hope it is on the right place Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mrentertainer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be a great compliment and superb sollution for the KB! Wink
musselasse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve350 wrote:
Absolutely I would pay! It's a great idea.

Yes go for a dvd!
I would like to see how to work with samplers
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a very quick note to say that the first major milestone of this project has been done. My public thanks to Rob and his son Paul and of course Chris Whitehead the demonstrator. It was an exhausting day and we covered a lot of ground. Rob and his son are now handling the editing of the footage. Will give a more full details in due time. Cheers everyone for your support in this endeavour.

Worth
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Worth, it was great to meet you and Chris Whitehead last weekend, and thanks to you both for your star performances.

Here's an update for everyone about what needs to happen next.

The "recording day" at Chris Whitehad's studio was Sun 8th July, Worth, Paul and I captured about 8 hours of video and sound while Chris worked very hard answering and demonstrating the answers to every imaginable quetion we could fire at him. There are 24 x 1 hour Mini-DV video tapes (3 different cameras all recording at the same time, each tape about 20 Gbytes) and 12 Gbytes of high quality sound recording (captured on Chris's HD studio recorder). In total, there is nearly 500 Gbytes of data to process.

It will take a lot of time - hopefully on a number of computers in parallel - to do the uploads via Firewire, and subsequently all the formatting, PiP insertion, titling and compression before a final set of DVD's are available.

We asked for help from other forum members to produce the DVD's especially in the mixing and post filming stages, plus producing the DVD artwork. I know no-one else has volunteered to date, and yet there is a huge amount of work to do. So if anyone anywhere in the world feels they can contribute, please chip in!!

You won't have to do the whole job, maybe just a section of it. You'll need Adobe Premier or equivalent software, and a fairly powerful PC with about 200 Gbytes free storage space.

Best regards,
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: