Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1x instructional DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a dedicated advanced PA1X user DVD
Yes , including tips and tricks which i would pay for
78%
 78%  [ 39 ]
Yes but only if it comes free
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
no i can manage all by myself
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

tonyp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: DVD Disc Reply with quote

I have been a Pa800 Owner for 3 months but feel there is so much more to learn. I have been playing Keyboards since Technics KN800 thro to the KN7000. I think that the Pa800 is a good replacement but there is always a few tricks to be learnt from an expert.
I would be willing to pay £25/£30.
Thanks
Tonyp
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats great Tony ! Please put forward as mant specific areas that you would like the DVD to explore more fully. That way i can get an idea of the areas that are the most common to what we want from the DVD. Remember this will be our DVD geared around what we want but i cant tell what you want if you dont tell me Laughing
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am a little bit disappointed that more members have not come forward with their own requests or an indication their support of this project. I will leave it open till the end of next week but i fear if there is not much more support this project may not proceed in the way i thought it could.
Bill Komotini

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth and all,
I think it's a great idea and most of pa owners will buy this product.
I am willing to do it!!!! Very Happy .
I think that rob has covered most of the issues that we want to know
about our great keys!!

Regards Bill
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,

I think we need about 100 people voting "Yes and I would pay for this" to make it viable for me to invest in the up front costs. What's your minimun number of "yes" votes before you'll invest in the project?

One thought - it might be worth e-mailing everyone (with a published email addresss) who has ever posted to the Pa1x or Pa800 boards to ask them if they would be interested. We maybe cannot rely on everyone visiting the forum in less than a week.

Cheers,
Rob
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob. I think the bench mark of 100 persons is fair. What i dont want to do is jerk Chris whitehead around. We have a golden opportunity and i guess i am surprised that it hasnt been jumped all over like it sholud have been by the members and visitors. I promised Chris that i would come back to him by the end of next week so thats what i will do. I only hope that by then enough people apreciate what is being developed here and get with the programme.
benok

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also for it, benok
SueZQ

Location: Oklahoma! U.S.A. * On "Grand Lake o' the Cherokees"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just voted. Smile I would like to have one (... once I get my Pa1X!).

You could even make a "Pa1X For Dummies" dvd! Laughing
Waver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the DVD should be like this:

1. PA1X Getting started (Operating the PA1X)
- PA1X Keyboard buttons
- hardware in/out/usb
- loading/playing sounds/Song Play/Saving files/STS
- SongBook
- TC-H Vocal processor
- Global settings

2. Sequencing
- Seq. overview
- import/export midi files
- PA1X Sequencer
- Sequencer record
- Hands on seq. tutorial

3. Sampling
- what is sampling?
- load samples
- looping samples (PA1X vs. PC software)
- merging samples.
- Adding Effects
- Hands on sampling tutorial

4. PA1X Hardware and installation

5. FAQ (RAM, compatibility, optional add-ons... etc)

just something like that and sure there are more
Kauser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already voted very early and I'll be happy to purchase the DVD.

We must remember that "Arranger keyboards" are all about "one man band". The core for this is STYLES, sounds, and "Live" manipulation of parameters.

I think the STYLE section of the DVD must be very robust. If we got better in creating STYLES, we will be sharing a lot more and the benefit will be a "multiplier effect" rather than an "addititive effect". A few suggestions:

1. Step by step approach to creating styles
2. Tricks and techniques on creating STYLES will help all of us a great deal, like "How would guitar strums sound realistic", etc.
3. Editing styles, modifying/adding or subtracting bars, etc.
4. Cutting/pasting/mixing multiple styles
5. Importing groove samples and turning those into styles via time stretching
6. Converting midi files into styles, etc.

Second area we should all try to focus on is a compilation of short cuts, quick access features, etc.

Thanks,

Kauser
Pa2xPro, O1WFD
hellboy44

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can count me in - if (or almost certainly WHEN) I get the PA1X.

I'd like Tips n Tricks regarding:

1. Making the most of your Sample Memory.
2. Loading and manipulating samples in a Live setting (time saving tricks).

I think the Tips n Tricks section is important.

It should have great workarounds and "out of the box" thinking.
The "Tricks" should work reliably though, and I would stop short of Hardware mods or things that could harm the PA or invalidate the Warantee.
Funnybone55

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for learning more about this wonderful arranger. The manual doesn't do much for me, when it comes down to actually learning something. Tech support, on the other hand, is great!!! DVD would be best tool, I think. Reading and hearing instructions can sometimes be confusing. Seeing how to do thing from professionals is, in my opinion, the easiest way to learn. Show me, and I can follow along. It's the same way in my profession as a welder, or any profession. If I can help out in any way, let me know. I'd be proud just to know I helped with the development of this DVD. Even if it was a cash donation! Count me in.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Pa1x instructional DVD Reply with quote

Hi everyone. We are very much now committed to making this Instructional DVD happen. I have just come off the phone with Chris Whitehead (who incidentally still gigs with the pa1x and pa800) and we have finalised arrangements for him to do it and has some ideas of his own aimed at both performance and studio work that WILL NOT HAVE BEEN COVERED IN OUR KORG ISSUED MANUAL that we can add to our list of areas to cover in the DVD !

Now comes the practical bit. We need the following volunteers to make this project happen:

1. Anyone with excellent experience of filming (can be pro/semi pro or serious amateur)
2. possibly 2-3 camera people who either have or have use of a digital camera and tripod
3. A volunteer who has the experience to do post production editing/mixing mastering
4 . A designer for the DVD covers , index and labels

The camera people need to be available for Sunday 08/07/07 in maiden head United Kingdom ( i will provide the full address when i have the volunteers).

Filming will last all day from 9.00am till 7.00pm

I NEED CONFIRMED VOLUNTEERS BY FRIDAY 29/06/07 SO THAT CHRIS CAN HAVE ENOUGH NOTICE TO CLEAR HIS DIARY FOR OUR DATE.

The Editor/post production person does not have to be UK based as we can upload the film data to them at a later stage

Ladies and gents this looks like it could really happen but we need some help. Please pm me if you feel you can contribute your time and energy.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worth,

I confirm as discussed that I'll be available to be one of the "film crew" on 8th July in Maidenhead UK. I will bring my digital camcorder.

One thought - if we have enough people volunteering to be "Film crew" and enough offers of digital camcorders, we could maybe set up both a Pa1x AND a Pa800, and record both at the same time so we end up with two versions of the DVD.

Best regards,
Rob
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: DVD for Korg Pa1X Pro and Krog Pa800 Reply with quote

Hello worth:

I have already voted but just wanted to mention this: Since Korg Pa800's display and some other functions are very close to Pa 1X Pro, I think when doing the DVD the word Pa800 must be mentioned and compared because this DVD is suppose to be good for both Pa800 and Pa 1X pro owners not just Pa1X Pro owners. For example on Korg Pa 800 you have the Media button but on Korg Pa1XPro it is called Disk. Even on the korg Pa.com website in the Q&A section they have failed to mention the Media mode and keep referring to Disk mode. For me at the begining this was very confusing because I do not own Pa1X Pro. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: