Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how many patterns???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guata

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: how many patterns??? Reply with quote

justa a poll...

how many patterns do you use for a track????, i´m usually just using one because im lazy buts its a lot of work performing live for fills and stuff so now im goisnt to use 4 patterns per track!!! does this sounds reasonable?
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it doesn't you're gonna have trouble if you use mutes.... I tried this but when you use mutes and switch patterns you could get something you don't want playing....

That's why I don't use electribes as the sequencer.....
guata

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the only thing i could use other than the tribes as a sequencer would me my yamaha RS7000 but i dont know how to sequence both my emx and esx thru the RS7000!!
any sugestions???
thanks
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm ableton live? I'm sure there's a good software midi sequencer that's free look arround
frenzer

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, organising a live set, I work with the mpc 1000 and mx. Spent a good week and a bit trying out all the configurations. Anyway I found it was best to set the mpc as the main sequencer and slave the mx. I have four drum parts set up, kick--snare---hats ---percussion these are set to pads 13-16 on the mpc pads 1-5 are the synth parts, other pad assignments are for the virus. Now if i go to track mute page I have 16 parts that I can readily access and mute. Also I can send midi cc's to the mx to act as the motion sequence. Just deciding whether i should send my drum parts out thru 3 and 4 and send them to the mpc in's then I can use the beefy compression; reason is I like the tube gain on the synth parts buts not on the drums. Pretty impressed with the synth capabilities, made a great wah-psychedelic guitar sound with the clave sound last night, appegiator is a blessing for live improv. stuff, hop[e korg develops this further and adds a few new capabilities, reverse the ribbon and fader controls though it works better.
musikmachine

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use the pattern set.I'm thinking of creating 8-16 patterns and assigning them to patterns steps and jamming with them but i haven't tried it yet..Are there any problems doing it this way?

Cheers Smile
Willie K

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is having like 10 or more patterns, each one can be a whole song (using mute's and solo's), and like 5 patterns with common sounds between them, this way I use them as transitions... Very Happy doing this with the EMX and ESX I can play for hours, plus...the out of the EMX goes to the KP3 and this adds a lot of fun... Very Happy
The EMX is the midi master and the other 2 the slaves...everything in sync.
Portland

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 4-10 patterns per song.
paul_courville

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie K wrote:
What I do is having like 10 or more patterns, each one can be a whole song (using mute's and solo's), and like 5 patterns with common sounds between them, this way I use them as transitions... Very Happy doing this with the EMX and ESX I can play for hours, plus...the out of the EMX goes to the KP3 and this adds a lot of fun... Very Happy
The EMX is the midi master and the other 2 the slaves...everything in sync.

This sounds fasinating... can you give an example from the preset patterns?
Once I hear and understand the concept better I will be able to use original patterns.
paul_courville

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: freely distributed patterns Reply with quote

Is there room on anyone's server where we can freely distribute and share our patterns?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: