Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

**** Dare to Share? **** The cooking thread....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you here! Very Happy
Aahx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laughing_bear wrote:

Yeah.. well you did drag me over from Karma lab with enticement of one of my four favorite subjects.. Food. <laughs>

Last edited by Aahx on Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahx wrote:
Just make sure the venison sausage is not too spicy.. this a lighter flavor meal.. and too strong of a flavor (or smell) of sausage might overpower the sherry/cheese flavor of the dish. Nonthless, great idea Bear.

I only came to that because I used to make venison sausages in sherry or burgundy.... you are absolutely right, you have to have the fresh ones that are not too spicy but have a good blend of herbs....
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aahx wrote:
laughing_bear wrote:

Yeah.. well you did drag me over from Karma lab with enticement of one of my favorite subjects.. Food. <laughs>

Laughing Beer

yeah.... it worked! Sounds Good
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am an absolute greenhorn with fish....

----Baked Salmon---- 8 Persons

Tatos
2Kg Salmon Steaks
Chablis
Butter
Milk
Dill
Pepper/Salt
Nutmeg

Steam pealed tatos 30 minutes, mix with butter, add milk, finish with a touch of nutmeg and salt, keep warm in oven

2. Top Salmon with butter pepper/salt and dill, wrap in aluminium foil, 175c fan assisted 70-80 minutes

3. Use fish juice and chablis to make white sauce

Serve in ring of tato mash, steaks in the middle, chablis sauce and fresh dill sprinkles, goes with ice cold Chablis Premiere Crux.

---- Desert----
The usual for me please.... Remy Martin, Espresso, smoke....

Last edited by laughing_bear on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:48 am; edited 3 times in total
rhino 55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALLLL RIGHT! DO you want me to repost those hungarian dishs or can you make them magicaly appear here?
rhino 55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear were you talken to me in the first thread post? Because I put some more recipes in the old thread. If it is I guess I should write them different to? LATER
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhino 55 wrote:
ALLLL RIGHT! DO you want me to repost those hungarian dishs or can you make them magicaly appear here?

No I can't.... I'd just leave them there as we have the link in the very first post.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhino 55 wrote:
Bear were you talken to me in the first thread post? Because I put some more recipes in the old thread. If it is I guess I should write them different to? LATER

Smile ....is just a suggestion Buddy, it is rather difficult to glance again over a recipe if everhything is written in captial letters and in one paragraph.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

----Aubergine Risotto---- 3-4 Persons

George Forman Grill Smile
Large Casserole

2 Aubergines
500g Beef mince
250g wild rice
1 large onion
1/2 clove Garlic
10-12 chopped large plum tomatos
Basil
Olive oil
250g grated mozarella/red cheddar
250ml cream
1 veggie stockcube

Spice beef pepper/salt and fry sharp with onions and garlic in very hot olive oil. Once browned ad a glas of chablis and reduce, then fill into casserole and mix with chopped tomatos and fresh basil leaves. Add 0,5 liter stockcube stir in well.

2. Cook wildrice, I choose that one for the slightly nutty flavour. Once cooked stir into casserole dish.

3. Cut aubergines into 2" slizes and place for 3-4 minutes onto the Grill until nicely browned. Whack them on top into the casserole. and layer the cheese over them, drizzle 1 glas of chablis over it, add the cream and cover casserole with alu-foil.

Lower shelf, fan assisted oven 180c, 50-60 minutes, last 10 minutes remove alu foil and place to upper shelf. The juices should have reduced and a brown cheese crust covers the aubergines.....

Bon appetit Smile

P.S.
I am only posting genuine Bear dishes. Wink
rhino 55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Dutch Oven , The ones I have are 5 to 7 quart, Cast iron pots, Handles at top on sides ,(handles look like half rings at both sides on top side of pot. With a top with the same half loop as the sides.I use a veg. shortning to start cooking with instead of lard which is animal fat.Crisco has a good one. Szeged makes the best hot and sweet hungarian paprika. I find it in the spice area at Food Lion( local grocery store).I'll try to make the recipes more easy to read. I see everyone is up for breakfast so my next hungarian meal wiil be pancakes stuffed with ham. OK By Ya'll? LATER
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhino 55 wrote:
A Dutch Oven , The ones I have are 5 to 7 quart, Cast iron pots, Handles at top on sides ,(handles look like half rings at both sides on top side of pot. With a top with the same half loop as the sides.I use a veg. shortning to start cooking with instead of lard which is animal fat.Crisco has a good one. Szeged makes the best hot and sweet hungarian paprika. I find it in the spice area at Food Lion( local grocery store).I'll try to make the recipes more easy to read. I see everyone is up for breakfast so my next hungarian meal wiil be pancakes stuffed with ham. OK By Ya'll? LATER

Sound very nice ... actually, I haven't had breakfast yet.... HUNGER Laughing

Talk about spices, it is hard to find a first class supply where I live. Sad

I was just looking for the ones I used to cook with in germany.... here ya go:

http://www.spiceadvice.com/brands/spice_islands/index.html

I found them of very good quality in deed, but you can not get them around here.... Very Happy good thing I can order them online now.

As for stock cubes, I usually have those here:

http://www.kallofoods.com/products/stocks-and-gravies.asp
rhino 55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

( I'm goin to put a note on this Recipe) My friend tried to make this but like most people, Didnt Stop to read the instructions first. Always read the instructions first in case you might have to prepare something for the recipe Before hand. Sonk'as Palacsinta (Pancakes layered with minced ham) 1 Cup cold milk, 1 cup cold water, 4 eggs, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 cups sifted all -purpose flour, 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine, 1/4 cup buttered bread crumbs./ (Ham Filling)- 1 Pound cooked ham, minced. 4 Eggs, Seperated, 1 cup dairy sour cream, salt./ FILLING = Mix ham, egg yolks and sour cream. Beat egg whites untill stiff. Fold into mixture. Season to taste./ Making Pancakes= Beat together Milk, water, eggs, and salt. Add flour gradually, beating constantly untill smooth. Add melted butter. The consistency should be that of heavy cream. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before baking pancakes. lightly grease a 7-inch crepe pan or skiillet, heat to smoking, and pour in just enough of the batter to coat the bottom lightly. Tilt pan to be sure that all is covered. Brown lightly on one side. Turn and brown on the other side. Put one pancake in a beaking dish, spread some of the ham filling on it, then top with another pancake. Keep warm in low oven(300 Deg F.). Continue layering in this manner untill all pancakes (about 12 ) and ham filling are used. Sprinkle top with buttered bread crumbs. Bake in preheated moderate oven ( 350 Deg F.) for 20 minutes, untill filling is set. Cut into wedges to serve. Serves 8./ I like mine with either Honey or Fresh perserves. Cup Of Coffee with Irish Cream Liquer to Taste.[/list]
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl! That is one interesting filling! Smile

----Drunken Piggy---- 4 persons

2 Porksteaks
Dijon mustard
250g brown cap mushrooms
Red oinion
Garlic
Tarragon
200ml Sweet Cider
250ml cream
250g Appenzeller

500g red skin tatos
200g plain flower
salt
ground black pepper
fresh basil

Spice with pepper/salt/mustard and whack piggy into very hot butter, brown all around for 5 minutes, add mushrooms, chopped onion and garlic, reduce to medium heat. When onions are glazed transfer the whole into a deep baking tray, cover with alu foil and whack into 180c fan assisted onto medium shelf. Add Cider after 15 minutes . Bake for another 20 minutes.

Slize the porksteak in 3"-4" chunks and put back into juices. Add Tarragon leaves and cream, cover with generous amount of Appenzeller shavings. Continue to bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes at 180c on lower shelf until sauce has rendered and cheese is nice.

Boil the tatos until tender then drain. Mash very well, as smooth texture as possible! Chopp basil and add with pepper/salt to flower, mix mash and flower and make a dough. Roll dough into sausages and cut 1" slizes, simmer in hot water for about 2 minutes, when they rise to surface they are done.

Est voilas, homemade Basil Gnocchi. Very Happy

Serve with Chablis.

Bon appetit
rhino 55

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! Is it my turn again. Hey Ya'll want maybe some good Ole New Orleans Creole Cookin? OK! Here be da recape fo "CREOLE JAMBALAYA" YEEE HA! My mout be waterin now> 2 tablespoons butter/ 1 pound raw smoked ham, coarsely diced/ 2 large onions chopped/ 2 garlic cloves minced/ 1 medium green pepper cut up/ 4 2/3 cups (two 1-pound, 3-ounce cans) tomatoes/ 3 cups meat broth or 2 chicken cubes and 3 cups water/ 1 bay leaf,crushed / 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme/ 1/2 teaspoon chili powder/ 1/4 teaspoon black pepper/ 2 cups long-grain rice/ 1 pound fresh shrimps,cooked,shelled,and cleaned OR 1 package (12 ounces) frozen shelled cleaned shrimps, Cooked. >Melt bvutter in top-of-stove casserole or dutch oven. Add ham, onions, and garlic;cook untill lightly browened. Add remaining ingredients (except rice and shrimps) and bring to boil, Gradually stir in rice. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or untill rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Add shrimps, and more seasoning if desired. Makes 6 servings. YA'LL ENJOY. LATER
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: