Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar effects pedals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnthemOfTheSun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Guitar effects pedals Reply with quote

Anybody know if an Korg r3 could be hooked up to a guitar effects pedal to create new sounds?
If its not possible, are there the same kinda effects pedals that you can get specifically for the r3 to get new and weird sounds?

One other question, can R3's be plugged into a guitar amplifier to boost the volume?

Sorry about all the questions!
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything with an output can be routed to a guitar pedal, so no problem at all; there are some keyboard player like johansonn (stratovarius) that use pedals to add distortion effect to their lead with great results... so feel free to experiment!
About the guitar ampli... the frequencies that came of a synth are different from the frequencies of a guitar sound and could damage the woofer of the guitar amp if you use extremely bass sounds. Anyway if you don't exceed with the volume input and output you can obtain great effects using guitar amp for your synth. I've seen many time Hammond amplified by marshall amps... anyway remember that this can produce great effects but you colour a lot the signal of your synth so you'll loose the audio fidelity of the original sound.
Regards, Lorenzo
AnthemOfTheSun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo wrote:
everything with an output can be routed to a guitar pedal, so no problem at all; there are some keyboard player like johansonn (stratovarius) that use pedals to add distortion effect to their lead with great results... so feel free to experiment!
About the guitar ampli... the frequencies that came of a synth are different from the frequencies of a guitar sound and could damage the woofer of the guitar amp if you use extremely bass sounds. Anyway if you don't exceed with the volume input and output you can obtain great effects using guitar amp for your synth. I've seen many time Hammond amplified by marshall amps... anyway remember that this can produce great effects but you colour a lot the signal of your synth so you'll loose the audio fidelity of the original sound.
Regards, Lorenzo

Excellent, cant wait to start trying out new sounds on it.
Thanks a mill for the info man. Much appreciated Very Happy
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're welcome! have fun with your experiments! I've always think to get a pod to add to my setup to create weird effects to my keyboards sounds... maybe one day I'll start to experiment as well!
regards, Lorenzo
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me, too, guys!!!
I've always loved to experiment guitar sounds and guitar effects applied to keyb sounds!
Sometimes, with my band at reharshals, I use to pass my S90ES to my guitarist's amp...what a hell!!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: