Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Would you buy a PA1X OS upgrade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NEW PA1X OS - would you pay for it?
Yes I would pay
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
No I would not pay
67%
 67%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 34

erikfox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: I would pay,but..... Reply with quote

I would pay for an update but only if it is a real brand new os for pa1x with many new improvements like new seq,new sounds,brand new styles(more popular styles than s**t like polka,salsa,rumba blabla....c'mon its 21 century....

regards

erikfox
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wont PAY even if they rebuilt the whole keyboard from scratch, i dont give a r@#s a&&, didnt we already pay KORG for the PA1X o PRO?
So if we did they had to make sure to put everything in there at the first place, if the forgot something we still deserve it for free, since we paid in advance, didnt we???
It is just too stupid to pay for an UPGRADE or UPDATE.
Cuz we already did, 3500 BUCKS!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
didnt we already pay KORG for the PA1X o PRO?

Yes we did but we didn't pay for the PA1XPro expecting Korg to supply a whole lot of features it didn't have....!!

Quote:
So if we did they had to make sure to put everything in there at the first place, if the forgot something we still deserve it for free, since we paid in advance, didnt we???
It is just too stupid to pay for an UPGRADE or UPDATE.
Cuz we already did, 3500 BUCKS!

Interesting comment.. so are you saying that the PA1XPro was already lacking a lot of additional features and was hence overpriced/under-developed/not meeting its advertised specification?? Confused Confused

When I bought my PA1XPro it met all (in fact more than..) my expectations (it met all its specifications and some) EXCEPT that its backing sequencer was lacking in its facilities and was a downgrade from the i30 (in my opinion). However, if I had read its full spec I would have been aware of that too.

Maybe the synonymous terms "update" & "upgrade" are confusing the point of this poll.

If I was still enjoying my i30 and Korg had offered the "PA1X features" for it as an OS upgrade, I definitely would have bought it. This is the point of this poll. So I am saying, if Korg offer us an option to add features to the PA1XPro (via software - OS upgrade), would you pay for it, or prefer to get the next model?

Thanks to all for your comments - I think Korg should take note of all of this, after all without us, Korg has a big problem Wink

Cheers

Pete Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
MadrasGiaguari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Pete,

I would definetely pay for an improuved OS. That's the best way to support our ''investment''.

Any additional or improuved feature, or better interface will be very wellcome.

I hope your smart initiative will have some effects on Korg people.
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Ciao

Angelo
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One major reason for not paying is besides that it should be the least Korg should offer to a board this expensive is that even if I can afford paying it, Egypt IS NOT LISTED in anything regarding such services. I cannot even use paypal or any other internet shopping over-seas because we are simply left out of this. So even If I can chose to purchase, I will not be able to benefit from it because I won't have a way to pay for it Smile

I think this is strong enough for me to say NO! Laughing

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol

Quote:
So even If I can chose to purchase, I will not be able to benefit from it because I won't have a way to pay for it

I wonder how many other people are in that situation regarding payment/services.... Yes, you have a very good reason to say NO...

Thanks for your feedback
(Howz the KARMA-PA1XPRO relationship going? I am still experimenting with my gear... One thing I DO enjoy is being able to play my Karma using PA1XPro as a MIDI controller - yeah - 76-notes!! )

Take care

Pete Twisted Evil
keys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, at first, i was in the no pay camp, but having read a few more posts, and particularly those from pete, got me thinking about this in a different way...he is correct in saying when we bought it, we bought it for the features it had at that time, very true......operating system glitches should certainly be free updates (if i HAVE to use the MS analogy, its the same as their system updates, BUT when longhorn is released, which is a major upgrade to the overall operating system, it will be a full purchase again...
if korg said "we can a) give you a system with every thing that opens and shuts, every possible feature that we can with this software system at a value of say $300...OR b) put all these things into a new keyboard and then charge another $3500 for the chance to upgrade...well its a "no-brainer" as the yanks would say, you would buy the software upgrade everytime, imho!!!
dennis
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject: I agree that OS updates shall remains free. BUT! Reply with quote

I agree that OS updates shall remains free. BUT!

For new features or BIG improvement. For example:

- To add one Master effect for style tracks A+B > Master (Limiter or Compressor)
- To add one master effect for keyboard tracks C+D > Master (Limiter or Compressor)

Why?

Because this gives us the opportunity to properly mix in 3 channels: vocal leads + style tracks + keyboard tracks. This shall result in much more clear sound picture because the ‘peaks’ are ‘killed’. This is especially important to us whom have worked in recording studios because it is important to create the integrity to lead voice(s) (…).

- EQ on style and keyboard tracks: As I described in my previous posts.

I don’t know if there is a hardware possibility’s to do this improvements, but my opinion is that this is the LAST step to go before we can say that PA1X are as close as possible to ultimate sounding machine for live purposes. Even because the Yamaha has included this in their PSR series for many, many years ago…

Just my opinion.
Cool
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i would pay for future upgrades if they were actually upgrades. I dont want to have to keep buying a new keyboard every couple of years. If the OS upgrade can enhance the features,sounds ,functionality of the board then yes i would willingly pay for it.
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hi Carol

Quote:
So even If I can chose to purchase, I will not be able to benefit from it because I won't have a way to pay for it

I wonder how many other people are in that situation regarding payment/services.... Yes, you have a very good reason to say NO...

Thanks for your feedback
(Howz the KARMA-PA1XPRO relationship going? I am still experimenting with my gear... One thing I DO enjoy is being able to play my Karma using PA1XPro as a MIDI controller - yeah - 76-notes!! )

Take care

Pete Twisted Evil

Well well.. it's going great. I'm still not figuring a way to control the Karma via the Pa1x. Maybe you can explain to me how to do it in details cause the manuals suck! Apart of that, I use them together to create nice new age music, enigma-like style by just playing a combi and using both hands to change chords on both boards. Very tough to do that. I wish I could control it via the pa1x while also playing some sounds from the pa1x. I know such a thing should b possible but I'm not finding a way to do it. For now, I'm still in experiment phase too. I'm still not fully capable with the Karma like the Pa1x although the Karma is almost a year old with me now but I'm not finding enough time to work on it seriously.

So any clues??[/url]

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i am saying is that if they put an HI TRITON chip into an I30 the PA1X is just PURE GARBAGE, nothing else, nada, zero.
And yes, the PA1X for the money LACKS a lot of the stuf, i mean tonz, its just a BIG downgrade from the I30, i am talking about arranger, not a sampler, forget that, this is not a sampler its an arranger.
Korg wants to put of everything by little into one piece of s**t then screw us all by 3000 dollars.

CHEERZ
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nedim

You sound very disatisfied with the PA1XPro, however I DO empathize with your love for the i30 Applause

Hope you find some peace with your PA1X someday

All the best

Pete Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: