Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Electribe add-on software development - get involved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that a piece of software dedicated to an electribe system would be worthwhile, either to enhance real-time control of the unit and/or for visual automation of parameters
yes, for both
100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
yes, for real-time control only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes, for non-real-time visual parameter automation (i.e. envelopes etc.) only
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
not useful
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

ajmedway

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Korg Electribe add-on software development - get involved Reply with quote

Hi to all,

Own an Electribe EMX-1, (or any other type of Electribe for that matter)? Sometimes find that it's a little fiddly to use? Ever wish you had a dedicated piece of software to augment it, which performed the role of simple, flexible visual automation of knob movements and enhanced the real-time control capacity of the synth parts?

Well, if you would be kind enough to fill out a short questionnaire to aid in my research for my dissertation, I will be giving you a completed software product for free in return for your help once it is completed (will take around 4-6 weeks from now), and copyright is obtained.

This is a perfect scenario for all Electribe users as you tell me through the questionnaire what you want this product to do and I will tailor it to cater for your needs for FREE!

The questionnaire will be perfectly comprehensible for users at all levels, free of jargon and will not take up too much of your time.

If you are interested in this proposal to participate in my research or have any enquiries or questions, please send me an email to ajmedway@hotmail.com.

Thanks! Smile
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very interesting ... I've emailed you. Could you post more details here about this project ?

First question that occurs to me ... Mac or PC ? Wink Will the result be open source ?

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I combined all your posts and polls into one and posted a link to this thread in the News area to give you the best exposure.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15253

You might also want to post on the Electribe Yahoo group(s) too ... way more users in that neck of the woods than here :

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=electribe&submit=Search

Daz.
ajmedway

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Daz. The message has now also been posted on the relevant yahoo user groups.

MORE INFO:

I am programming the software using MaxMSP. If you want extra info on this programming environment, check out the mother website...

http://www.cycling74.com/

The version of MaxMSP that I own can only export standalone (ie. installable .exe files) patches for the MAC OS/OSX. However, I have heard over the grapevine that these standalone applications can also run on Windows, but they have to be packaged on a MAC but with a few minor adjustments. I have access to a MAC, and as I own windows I will endeavour to make it Windows compatible.

Generally, the project I am working on will give the user a Graphical interface that allows envelopes to control the knob movements and then dub/record these movements onto patterns on an electribe. There will hopefully be a facility to drag and drop "waveforms" (e.g. a sine waveform) to different bars on the sequencer per parameter and use mouse-clicks to manipulate the parameter envelopes. To clarify, one would be able to drag a sine wave onto the "level" envelope for synth part 1, which would turn the level up and down, then one could record this control into the electribe as a knob movement.

It's quite tough to explain with just words - images of some examplar interfaces I have created will help, and I can send to anyone who requests them by email.

Contact me: ajmedway@hotmail.com Very Happy
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds very cool indeed !

I am a Mac OS X user and I have an EMX ... so I am very much looking forward this Cool

FWIW: I am also a pro-developer (C++ Mac/Win) and have written stuff for Korg gear (primarily librarians for the MS2000).

Daz.
photon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I have just bought a second hand es-1. I can dig the box.

What are the possibillites with this. Any chance of being able to transfer samples via midi?

Keep up the good work..!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: