Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who designs the worst looking Pro Arrangers ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who designs the worst looking arranger keyboards out of the following 3 ?
Roland
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
Yamaha
41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
Korg
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Who designs the worst looking Pro Arrangers ? Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just kicking off a poll here that might spark off an interesting chat regarding the top 3 arranger keyboard manufactures.

Based on what I see here in Ireland and on the net in general, I believe that the top 3 would be Roland, Yamaha and Korg.

Yes I know there are many others like Ketron who are extremely popular, but lets just limit this poll to the top 3. That said, feel free to post a comment on any others if you like.

If you cast a vote, please feel free to share why you believe the one you selected is the worst out of the 3.

Regards.
Sharp.
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... guess you're right here sharp. As I often drop by the Roland-Korg-Kurzweil Showroom here, their manager is a friend of mine so I often go there everytime there's a new product to test it as a keyboard player and composer/singer to give an unbiased opinion. Not to mention that it's a wonderful hobby of mine! Laughing

I also sometimes drop by Yamaha showroom to take a look and compare. I tried the motif. Was really interesting.. soooooooo different from what I'm used to.

I still find Roland the worst... really.. that's too bad. My very first pro keyboard was a Roland E-38. Loved it for a year only then had enough and got my first Korg 3 years later, that was the iX300 while playing on many PSR Yamaha arrangers at school. 3 years after, I got my Ketron Vega along with the Korg. The Kets are good too but I'm too much of a Korgist!!!! Very Happy Now all my keyboards are Korg: Pa1xpro and Karma. So that tells u a bit about the experience I've had with the 4 brands Smile

I like the poll idea Wink

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones
AliasAilo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when i read the poll question, I immediately remembered what I thought of the Tyros when I saw it the first time. I had no idea this was a pro arranger and I thought it was made for kids Laughing . All the colours etc. made me feel like i was in a candyshop lol. So my answer = YAMAHA.
c_hammal
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe..

Well I never saw the Tyros but I had the exact same reaction when I went to demo the Roland G70 I think... Can't remember its exact model name but it's supposed to compete with the Pa1x. Looked like a kids one too! Very Happy

Gear:
Korg Kronos 2 88 keys
Alesis Q49 Controller
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Tascam US-100
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: