Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Sound does it again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Global Sound does it again Reply with quote

Nikosound wrote:
I have listened Live Global Sound G2 Sounds and I can say that the Sounds are sounding great. Artist Set for Pa5x was very good and also this G2 Asena create very proffesionaly. And if something is missing Im sure that Asena will add in the near Future becouse he is working constantly and impruves his Sounds.

6 posts = 6 advertising for GS Cool
Nemydom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Guys
1- I did never promised any Drumkits or Yamaha sound YET!

Ok, that was a good response... well, I would say a 'better response'. If you could create a drum kit package, I would be interested in purchasing one, provided there's a good demo, of course. I initially wanted to try the 'Pa5X Bass & Drums Suite' from WavesArt, but I've realized that it's heavily copy-protected, which unfortunately means it's not for me. I don't buy any product that I cannot transfer to another hardware.
Never mind, I'm looking forward to a good drum kit package from Global Sound. And please, consider using Ketron demos as a reference to help achieve a similar sound quality of your drum kits in styles—that's a suggestion Smile

Smile
laurance

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Nemydom: if you’re interested in ketron sounds/drum kits just get an SD1000 and you’ll put a new life to your already high quality Pa5x sounds
Nemydom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:
@ Nemydom: if you’re interested in ketron sounds/drum kits just get an SD1000 and you’ll put a new life to your already high quality Pa5x sounds

I have a lot of synths in my collection, and I've been through all this over the last 10-15 years: connecting other synths to an arranger to get good drums in a style never works. It's always a headache and zero or minimal results. Sampling is also minimally effective unless you're a professional (I'm definitely not a professional). That's why I dream of getting drum kits for the Pa5X, not just any drum kits, but professionally made ones that sound way better than the factory ones.

P.S.: Also, it's important to note, that the term "better" is very subjective in this context. For example, for me, drums on my old Boss DR880 sound way better than the ones on pa5x. They cut through any mix without or with minimal effort. That's what I need from the drums on my pa5x, and that's what I call "good" in this context.
Nemydom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:

...I also owned a Ketron Audya for several years. That's why I know how a good drum kit should behave in different styles. (not audio-drums, just talking about classic midi-mapped drum kits here)
laurance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any sampled voices or drum kits of any any instrument into Pa5x will give you only the timbre of the sound never the original and that is for many reasons

Take a Genos 2 as an example, only YAMAHA engineers knows how many layers per note and per voice used and velocity etc..

Ketron Genos Boss etc will never sounds same into any sampler evven if they are sample based.

Many of sound packs sold I recognized the origin sources that was taken from (either sampled or extracted) but in no way you have the same thing again for many reasons

The cheap KETRON SD1000 has layers and effects on snares and Base drums impossible to be replicated, instead you get only the timber not detailed sound (a copy )

If you tweak the Pa5x sounds you’ll get much more professional results than putting samples

You have a hidden treasure to discover on YouTube that will let you know how (Qui Robinez)

Regards
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you can check the velocity layering on most sounds on most keyboards and as far as the note switch its usually logical like minor thirds, major thirds, or tritones. The reason Yamaha sounds sound better on Korg is because Korg has a much better sampler that is more in depth
laurance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
Actually you can check the velocity layering on most sounds on most keyboards and as far as the note switch its usually logical like minor thirds, major thirds, or tritones. The reason Yamaha sounds sound better on Korg is because Korg has a much better sampler that is more in depth

Genos have up to 8 samples (per note)
Genos have SA technology (switching between samples while playing)

Say you discover the 8 samples per note
Say you emulate the SA2 on Pa5x

How will you fit all these sounds on a small memory ?

Say you have all these capabilities to recreate and emulate the Genos sounds

Why not just create a new acoustic sounds from the scratch (guitars pianos sax etc) with all the skills and knowledge that will be far far better than just copy existing samples.

I can confirm to you that even UVI which I have all their collections emulate a partial section from the sampled keyboard/synth but never claimed it sounds better than the original nor they make a genuine copy and their libraries needs Tera’s of stockage.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4x has up to 24 samples per note and the 5x has up to 48. The entire UVI library is not even a terabyte I have the entire thing with every expansion. The trick reconstructing a Library of the ROM of the Genos is to sample the multisamples with a flat EQ and totally dry and then layer it the same way. Not only is it possible to fit on the 4x but you can also fit the entire Roland fantom at the same time.
laurance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
The 4x has up to 24 samples per note and the 5x has up to 48. The entire UVI library is not even a terabyte I have the entire thing with every expansion. The trick reconstructing a Library of the ROM of the Genos is to sample the multisamples with a flat EQ and totally dry and then layer it the same way. Not only is it possible to fit on the 4x but you can also fit the entire Roland fantom at the same time.

Good luck to find clients that could believe such informations.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. Lets analyze it... Sampling every note of every drum kit would be a massive of RAM and here's why. Not every single drum sample should be stereo. Almost every kit on every keyboard contains dozens of duplicates from every other kit. Factory sounds are pretty much the same thing. Look at the total amount of multisamples and the total amount of sounds. Many of the stock sounds share multisamples. That applies to every keyboard from every brand. If you look at the actual data used by every sound and know exactly how many samples to record and the exact settings to use and factor in the difference between the models you can fit the entire Genos and the entire Roland fantom in the 4x. Yamaha has dozens of sounds that just duplicates of each other with different FX so you just need one of them and you can do the rest as a keyboard set. Roland does the same thing. Korg is the only one that actually provides their entire ROM sample and multi sample list. All it takes is skill, creativity, patience, the right hardware, and 4 programs running as a chain to sample them properly.i have over 300 customers that can attest to it. When you can sample, edit, and set up over 1000 sounds in one day without using any one shots let me know lol.
laurance

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Aripearlmusic maybe you are right, life is an eternal learning curve but at the same time there is logic

Sampling is just like taking a photo of what is happening not how is happening
Years of engineering research at YAMAHA or any other brand just can’t be replicated by simple steps as you mentioned

Example:

Some of the audio loops in Global Sound package are taken from the company WIZOO ( old company with talented engineers in audio) and these are one shot loops only ..

while the original program is much much more detailed with a mixer control for each percussion sound and resampling option and time stretch for each sample (not loop) just impossible to be replicated at 1:1

To resume:

- Can I put Genos sounds in Pa5x ..?
- Yes for sure and the Genos is also capable to have Pa5x sounds inside

- Will be any difference in accuracy /quality / quantity ..?
- 100% yes in any direction you go.

Regards
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:
Any sampled voices or drum kits of any instrument into Pa5x will give you only the timbre of the sound never the original and that is for many reasons

Keen to agree.

laurance wrote:

Ketron Genos Boss etc will never sounds same into any sampler evven if they are sample based.

Absolutely, I agree 100%! Otherwise, we'd already have access to all possible sounds!

laurance wrote:

If you tweak the Pa5x sounds you’ll get much more professional results than putting samples

I am more and more keen to believe that's it's the best way to tweak the internal drums. I already managed to change the balance within drum kits, and just making bass drum and snare sound way lowder within the kit makes a significant difference! The problem is that the snare drums in most kits sound like it was sampled with low resolution or something like that...
There is a specific topic to discuss pa5x drum issues, I will better continue it there. Please visit it here if you are interested in the topic: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=129601&highlight=drum+problems+solutions

laurance wrote:

You have a hidden treasure to discover on YouTube that will let you know how (Qui Robinez)

Regards

Yes!!!

Smile
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laurance wrote:
Dear Aripearlmusic maybe you are right, life is an eternal learning curve but at the same time there is logic

Sampling is just like taking a photo of what is happening not how is happening
Years of engineering research at YAMAHA or any other brand just can’t be replicated by simple steps as you mentioned

Example:

Some of the audio loops in Global Sound package are taken from the company WIZOO ( old company with talented engineers in audio) and these are one shot loops only ..

while the original program is much much more detailed with a mixer control for each percussion sound and resampling option and time stretch for each sample (not loop) just impossible to be replicated at 1:1

To resume:

- Can I put Genos sounds in Pa5x ..?
- Yes for sure and the Genos is also capable to have Pa5x sounds inside

- Will be any difference in accuracy /quality / quantity ..?
- 100% yes in any direction you go.

Regards

I never said the steps are simple. I said that the settings need to be replicated and that oversampling is very easy to do but would make loading everything together impossible. Do you know how to use every single setting available in sound mode and on the entire keyboard? I do and that's why I can do it. It is extremely complicated to do even at an expert level.
Can it be accurate? 100%
can the quality be the same or better? 100%
can the quantity be the same or more? 100%
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This is an interesting discussion.
Would it be possible for one of you to Post a video of a sound on a Genos/Genos 2 and then the same sound (that has been sampled) played on a Korg PA4X/PA5X. It would then allow the Forum Members to decide if the two sounds are similar enough.
Probably the best person for the job would be Asena himself.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: