Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woody Piano Shack has arrived.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

Hi,
It's painfully obvious over the last year that this PA5X Forum has not been the most uplifting of Forums, rightfully so as the long awaited O/S upgrade is still not here. This is then followed by the issues with the LED's (Korg U.K. have finally been in touch with me to arrange collection to have mine changed).

Could things be about to change, here is a link to a video that was posted in the last day. Woody at Woody Piano Shack has just taken delivery of a boxed PA5X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJiQRTIBM0

I do not know what videos he will make about the PA5X, but I can assure you that if they are anywhere near as detailed as the Korg Nautilus videos he has made we are all in for a treat. I think this is a great move by Korg as a Company that will benefit us owners and hopefully bring new potential owners on board.
Chris
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy that guys enthusiasm. His looked like a kid at Christmas in his Nautilus vids. You could tell he was very impressed with the Pa5x build quality and fit & finish. A huge difference from the all plastic genos 2 he showcased. And he also loves the tilted screen. Oh and the keybed, it just feels so good. It's 8am here, and I've been sitting at the pa5x & Nautilus since 1am, and it honestly feels like only 30 minutes have passed. Time truly flies when you're having fun.

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
JagiChan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenomorph wrote:
I enjoy that guys enthusiasm. His looked like a kid at Christmas in his Nautilus vids. You could tell he was very impressed with the Pa5x build quality and fit & finish. A huge difference from the all plastic genos 2 he showcased. And he also loves the tilted screen. Oh and the keybed, it just feels so good. It's 8am here, and I've been sitting at the pa5x & Nautilus since 1am, and it honestly feels like only 30 minutes have passed. Time truly flies when you're having fun.

+1
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I don't think Woody is the very best arranger player out there, but I think his playing is more representative of the majority of buyers of arranger keyboards. I can relate to him more than the Manufacturer's demo players (Pete Shaw, Martin Harris, Peter Baartmens, despite the fact that they are brilliant players).

As the other posters have said, he has so much enthusiasm (watch his facial expressions when he's playing) and more importantly he seems to be able to 'get to grips' with keyboards quite quickly.
To loan him a PA5X is a very smart move by Korg and the Dealer who has lent it to him.
Chris
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
I don't think Woody is the very best arranger player out there, but I think his playing is more representative of the majority of buyers of arranger keyboards. I can relate to him more than the Manufacturer's demo players (Pete Shaw, Martin Harris, Peter Baartmens, despite the fact that they are brilliant players).

As the other posters have said, he has so much enthusiasm (watch his facial expressions when he's playing) and more importantly he seems to be able to 'get to grips' with keyboards quite quickly.
To loan him a PA5X is a very smart move by Korg and the Dealer who has lent it to him.
Chris

I'm very much like Woody. Not a pro arranger user, but the inspiration it gives me, or anyone, is undeniable. I can just sit down and start playing/making music. And if you've been in the korg ecosystem for decades, it's a breeze.

It's been 4.5 weeks with this board, and it impresses me more and more every day. Worth every penny to me. Not a single issue(knocking on the left wood side panel as I type that lol).

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
Nemydom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
Could things be about to change, here is a link to a video that was posted in the last day. Woody at Woody Piano Shack has just taken delivery of a boxed PA5X.

Thanks for sharing this video, Chris. It's obviously a good sign that Woody promoting pa5x now. That means Korg is not giving it up.

Let's see if he is going to mention the current OS' issues Wink

Regardless, these videos will be beneficial for KORG PA-5X users. If he focuses on the flaws of the current operating system, it will undoubtedly draw attention to this issue, especially since he is a very famous vlogger. And if he doesn't highlight these flaws, it confirms that KORG is likely paying well for these video series, promoting this instrument. Consequently, we should expect to see a new operating system soon.

Smile
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.
leland_iko_music

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow Woody on discord, along with several of fellow twitch music streamers.

I totally love his reviews on keyboards, and while I have my own experience with the PA5X (some good, some not so good), his videos on the PA5X keep me relatively sane (for the time being)

Leland
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing this video, Chris. It's obviously a good sign that Woody promoting pa5x now. That means Korg is not giving it up.

Let's see if he is going to mention the current OS' issues Wink

Regardless, these videos will be beneficial for KORG PA-5X users. If he focuses on the flaws of the current operating system, it will undoubtedly draw attention to this issue, especially since he is a very famous vlogger. And if he doesn't highlight these flaws, it confirms that KORG is likely paying well for these video series, promoting this instrument. Consequently, we should expect to see a new operating system soon.

Smile

A logical conclusion, and after consulting the tea leaves soon would seem to be the answer.........
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

D575 wrote:

A logical conclusion, and after consulting the tea leaves soon would seem to be the answer.........

Yes, I agree that it's not a very logical conclusion; it's more emotionally intuitive than logical. It also is based on my positive view of the situation with the operating system update.
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
D575 wrote:

Yes, I agree that it's not a very logical conclusion; it's more emotionally intuitive than logical. It also is based on my positive view of the situation with the operating system update.

I would say here, don't play yourself down, as i think your logic is sound...

Running two fundamentally different concepts together can be closers to the truth than the power of one....

Quote:
"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Smile
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

[quote="D575"][quote="Nemydom"]
D575 wrote:

Quote:
"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Smile

good one
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As well as watching Woody's PA5X Youtube video, I think it's worth taking a couple of minutes to read the comments section.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwCArpHiTb4

Chris
JagiChan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

[quote="D575"][quote="Nemydom"]
D575 wrote:

Quote:

This quote is from "Sherlock Holmes". Please acknowledge it, otherwise it is plagiarism. Very Happy
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Woody Piano Shack has arrived. Reply with quote

[quote="JagiChan"][quote="D575"]
Nemydom wrote:
D575 wrote:

Quote:

This quote is from "Sherlock Holmes". Please acknowledge it, otherwise it is plagiarism. Very Happy

Well, actually, in this instance, I took this quote from Mr. Spock (Star Trek), but yes, you are correct; I missed my reference point, so thanks for pointing that out. Smile
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the unboxing of the Pa5x by Woody .

He was obviously very excited and his joy is infectious . I think he is going to have a lot of fun with it so long as he doesn’t go too deep in editing styles etc.

I am genuinely looking forward to seeing his other follow up videos .

When he was playing at the end , he seemed extremely happy with the styles and overall sound of the board .

Great start .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: