Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's been a while...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeskeys

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 6:54 pm    Post subject: It's been a while... Reply with quote

since I originally set up my OG Kronos. I had to get a Kronos X to replace the OG. Pretty sure my 2 drives from the OG are OK but I left the factory SATA drive in the X and added a 2nd brand new drive in my X and am trying to re-create my ecosystem I had before the OG bellied up.

What is confusing me is this: How does the Kronos determine the default group of files to originally load? I'm sure you set it up in Globals, but I can't RTFM fast enough and am trying to remember - Does it load a single PCG that instructs it what KSCs to load, or everything in a default folder, etc. etc.

Which KSCs should be set to Virtual Memory, etc? All but the original Factory one(s)?
Sorry to be so lame but if you can briefly explain it I'd be indebted! If not, well, I'll RTFM.

I owe you all! Thanks~

Thanks,
Eric
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: It's been a while... Reply with quote

yeskeys wrote:
since I originally set up my OG Kronos. I had to get a Kronos X to replace the OG. Pretty sure my 2 drives from the OG are OK but I left the factory SATA drive in the X and added a 2nd brand new drive in my X and am trying to re-create my ecosystem I had before the OG bellied up.

What is confusing me is this: How does the Kronos determine the default group of files to originally load? I'm sure you set it up in Globals, but I can't RTFM fast enough and am trying to remember - Does it load a single PCG that instructs it what KSCs to load, or everything in a default folder, etc. etc.

Which KSCs should be set to Virtual Memory, etc? All but the original Factory one(s)?
Sorry to be so lame but if you can briefly explain it I'd be indebted! If not, well, I'll RTFM.

I owe you all! Thanks~

Thanks,
Eric

So go to your old files from your original kybd. You can use a USB-SATA and just plug it into your PC to access those files. Grab the most recent PCG file that you saved to disk, stick it on a thumb drive, and load that one up.

Later, go to Global Mode, and find the tab that says "Auto-Load" and you should be able to auto load your EXs and KSC files. I usually just set everything to virtual memory unless it gives you some kind of issue. I've never had a problem. If you don't see all your files, you'll have to press "Add" and find your files on your hard drive and add them in. Once you've done that, select all the files you want to auto-load. I'd remove the Preload.KSC file - it's really just for demo purposes, uncheck it at least and stick to the official EXs 1, EXs 2, etc. files in the Factory folder. You may have to re-authorize your EXs stuff in the Korg Options tab. Once you've done all that, you should be good to go. For good measure you can click the drop-down menu and "Write Global Setting" to make sure those settings are saved.

Good luck, this is the kind of thing you usually only have to do like once. I recently had to do it when I replaced my SSD and reinstalled my OS after owning it for 7 years. We're all happy to answer questions.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note... you don't have to RTM (note the omission of the universal adjective). You can STM (Search The Manual) since it is in PDF format. That might speed things up a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: