Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rename SD Card drive not possible?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KumzitzYitz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:07 am    Post subject: Rename SD Card drive not possible? Reply with quote

It appears to not be an option to rename the sd card anything other that the default “korg sd”. What am I missing here? “Rename” is faded out even when the sd drive is the only thing selected
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried renaming. I put mine in the bottom SD slot, and it named itself SD2, so I left it. I assumed naming it was going to be out of the question once I saw the board did it for me. If I saw "generic" or "unbranded" etc, I would have attempted to rename.

Speaking of SD slots...

I thought I read once that the bottom slot was for the super fast cards(the Lexar I had on hand was the faster type). Is there any truth to this? *I found nothing in the pdf manual about it.

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
JagiChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 1615 of the Pa5X_User_Manual_v12_E.pdf states

"To expand the available onboard storage memory, you can install an (optional) microSD card. The card can be installed by the user. Do not use types of cards other than the one indicated (microSD), or you risk to damage the instrument!

You can use both slots, but we recommend to prefer the upper one for storing your data, since it is a high-speed slot. The card must be in the FAT32 format."

On page 677 it states Pa5X supports external devices, like hard disk drives or USB memory sticks, formatted FAT32 or FAT16 with long file names. For maximum compatibility, we recommend to format an external device before saving data on it the first time (see Formatting a drive on page 733)."

So maybe a SD card formatted on a computer should be accessible; and it is on the computer that the SD card can be given the name.
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
Page 1615 of the Pa5X_User_Manual_v12_E.pdf states

"To expand the available onboard storage memory, you can install an (optional) microSD card. The card can be installed by the user. Do not use types of cards other than the one indicated (microSD), or you risk to damage the instrument!

You can use both slots, but we recommend to prefer the upper one for storing your data, since it is a high-speed slot. The card must be in the FAT32 format."

On page 677 it states Pa5X supports external devices, like hard disk drives or USB memory sticks, formatted FAT32 or FAT16 with long file names. For maximum compatibility, we recommend to format an external device before saving data on it the first time (see Formatting a drive on page 733)."

So maybe a SD card formatted on a computer should be accessible; and it is on the computer that the SD card can be given the name.

Interesting. I'll leave it in the bottom slot as it's working for now. My laptop at home doesnt have a sd slot, so i didnt bother. If youre able to format it on a pc, surely you can also rename it.

*Anyone print out the manual? If so, how many pages is it actually? I'm tempted for this board.

Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
JagiChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenomorph wrote:
*Anyone print out the manual? If so, how many pages is it actually? I'm tempted for this board.

The user manual is 1648 pages wide.
You can download the manual from Korg website https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/895/
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downloaded it, I can't stand looking thru pdfs. Has anyone Printed it out...and it may not equal the same amount of pages on paper compared to the pdf.

I can't imagine going to fedex/kinkos and printing that out. Maybe a cpl chapters at a time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: