Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:17 pm    Post subject: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

I devoted some hours to create a really nice piano of high quality stereo samples of WavesArt that have not been used in our sound development
and I provide them for our korg forum community.

Exclusively made in Pa5X using existing features & FX.

Description
383 Mb of stereo compressed samples
778 samples / 8 MS
User Sound Bank06

features VS Pa5X factory Pianos
- Sound modeling of natural notes duration up to 40 seconds
- Longer Decay with better presence
- More natural body sound
- 4 real stereo velocity layers piano samples sampled per semitone.
- Wide velocity sensitivity due to play full Piano in Styles
- Cut through the mix as solo piano in Styles

How to merge/load Piano with your resources

You'd better create first a full KST backup of your setup in order to delete piano later for any case.
- Download it from HERE
- Unrar here , copy WavesArt Grand Piano.KST folder to USB drive and plug it at Pa5X front USB slot.
- From FILE/USB drive open WavesArt Grand Piano.KST folder , click on SOUND folder and load it.
- Open WavesArt Grand Piano.KST folder , open KEYBOARDSET folder and load WavesArt Grand Piano folder.
Do not click overwrite existing square !
Nothing else to load !
- Done ...
Doing the above described , nothing will be altered in your existing setup and custom resources except User Sound Bank06 that will be overwritten.

In case that your SOUND06 bank is occupied by other custom resources then do the following :
- Open WavesArt Grand Piano.KST folder , click on SOUND folder open it and load 3 containing sounds everywhere you like , one by one.
- Load KEYBOARDSET folder , then open USER piano KBD SET , set as upper1 Piano & upper 2 Piano FX and save KBD SET.

Your performance piano is at WavesArt Grand Piano KBD SET.
Style Sound piano is polyphony economic piano for style tracks.

Enjoy and waiting for your reviews ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
JagiChan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I devoted some hours to create a really nice piano of high quality stereo samples of WavesArt that have not been used in our sound development and I provide them for our korg forum community.

Exclusively made in Pa5X using existing features & FX.

Thanks for the kind gesture. I am all excited to try out how the Piano sounds with respect to the factory sounds, will try out the samples this weekend and keep you posted.
andreibb9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Antony!
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are priceless to this Forum Antony.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!!

Al
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Anthony!!!

Regards,
Dimitris
MyKorgPa5x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

Thanks Anthony!

Question: what do you mean by "...except User Sound Bank06 that will be overwritten"?

Currently, I have 5 pages of sounds stored in "SOUND" User 6.

Please advise if there a way to add the WavesArt Grand Piano set without overriding the existing User 6 SOUND bank.

Thanks!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

MyKorgPa5x wrote:
Please advise if there a way to add the WavesArt Grand Piano set without overriding the existing User 6 SOUND bank.

If you can't transfer your pages in another Bank , free the first 3 positions of first page of User06 (copy them in any empty positions) ,
Open Bank06 from piano KST folder and load one by one the 3 Sounds of it at 0,1 & 2 positions of your used Bank06.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
MyKorgPa5x

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

Thank you, Anthony!

Another question:

If I understand you correctly, it seems like you SOUNDS "must" to be in positions 1, 2 and 3.

If I copy the current sounds in positions 1, 2, and 3 and move them elsewhere within User 6, maybe just like yours must to be in positions 1, 2 and 3, maybe those already in positions 1, 2 and 3 must be there too and if I move them, it may cause an issue?

(curious, why your "must" be in positions 1, 2 and 3)?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because library in Pa5X is KBD Set , performance Piano is there in complete picture and KBD Sets are pointing to specific SOUND positions
and if you alter sounds there , then they won't play properly !
Sounds are timbres of our arranger sound library which is KBD Sets.

JagiChan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, I did a quick compare of the factory Japanese Piano vs the Waves Art piano. The WavesArt piano is light years ahead of the factory sound. The timbre, resonance, attack, etc., are awesome; and the sound is authentic. The styles Piano is awesome, it cuts through the styles and the piano can be heard loud and clear. I installed the sounds / multisample using the load function to a user bank and I created my own KBDSet. Great work Antony. Thanks for sharing your work. God bless.
MyKorgPa5x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:03 am    Post subject: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
As promised, I did a quick compare of the factory Japanese Piano vs the Waves Art piano. The WavesArt piano is light years ahead of the factory sound. The timbre, resonance, attack, etc., are awesome; and the sound is authentic. The styles Piano is awesome, it cuts through the styles and the piano can be heard loud and clear. I installed the sounds / multisample using the load function to a user bank and I created my own KBDSet. Great work Antony. Thanks for sharing your work. God bless.

Can you please post the “exact” steps you did? Currently, my User 6 Bank is used and I’m still not clear exactly how to install it without potentially making something else not work. How did you load them? Did you already have an empty User 6? What do you mean by “recreated the KBSET”? How did you do so?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

MyKorgPa5x wrote:
my User 6 Bank is used and I’m still not clear exactly how to install it without potentially making something else not work.

I see you still struggling with that , do the following to resolve this.
- Open provided USER06 from KST folder and load 3 containing sounds everywhere you like , one by one.
- Load KEYBOARDSET folder , then open piano KBD SET , set as upper1 Piano & upper 2 Piano FX and save KBD SET.
This happens to be very easy to do it , but if you purchase a whole library that uses a whole bank then it's impossible to
merge pointing resources in a single SOUND Bank , only developers can merge their resources in the same SOUND bank.

JagiChan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

MyKorgPa5x wrote:
JagiChan wrote:

Can you please post the “exact” steps you did? Currently, my User 6 Bank is used and I’m still not clear exactly how to install it without potentially making something else not work. How did you load them? Did you already have an empty User 6? What do you mean by “recreated the KBSET”? How did you do so?

Please see the video to understand what I did.
I don't know if that is the right process, but it does work.
https://youtu.be/i3nJPTwWyUY
MyKorgPa5x

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Free Pa5X Japanese Grand Piano sponsored by WavesArt Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
MyKorgPa5x wrote:
my User 6 Bank is used and I’m still not clear exactly how to install it without potentially making something else not work.

I see you still struggling with that , do the following to resolve this.
- Open provided USER06 from KST folder and load 3 containing sounds everywhere you like , one by one.
- Load KEYBOARDSET folder , then open piano KBD SET , set as upper1 Piano & upper 2 Piano FX and save KBD SET.
This happens to be very easy to do it , but if you purchase a whole library that uses a whole bank then it's impossible to
merge pointing resources in a single SOUND Bank , only developers can merge their resources in the same SOUND bank.

Thank you so much AntonySharmman and JagiChan!!!

Question, please:

The file contains two KBDSET sounds:

1. WavesArt Japanese Grand
2. Japanese Grand Bright

For the "1. WavesArt Japenese Grand" I used:

Upper 1: WavesArt Grand Piano
Upper 2: Grand RX

Upper 1 Mixer Volume: 120
Upper 2 Mixer Volume: 40

Are these volume settings correct?

What do I use for the "2. Japanese Grand Bright" KBDSET?

Upper 1: ?
Upper 2: ?

Upper 1 Mixer Volume: ?
Upper 2 Mixer Volume: ?

-------------------------------------

What is USER6 SOUND "Styles Piano" used for?

What is the "PCM" folder used for?
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I would just like to add my thanks to the growing list of Forum Members who have downloaded and used these piano sounds. It is a very generous gesture by Antony, and much appreciated.
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: