Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comparision

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:35 pm    Post subject: Comparision Reply with quote

Hi all,

Hope that everyone out there is fine.

Here is a Comparision on ROM Guitar Sounds on the KORG Pa5x Vs GLOBAL SOUND Sampled Guitars, Hope that you like it.

Take Care All

You can visit the page for more information.

www.globalsound.se
Video Link below.
Subscribe and like pls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JosoOGjMHk

Best Regards
Global Sound Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased the Artist Edition today from Asena, and I literally got goose bumps when I tried a few samples. There are a cpl sax and trumpet sounds that are unbelievable. There's a violin that is leagues beyond anything factory. The distorted guitars are excellent, and the nylon guitars are phenomenal. I know some can't fathom spending the extra $, but boy am I glad I did. It elevates the pa5x to an entirely new level I honestly didn't think was possible.

I work 55+ hrs a week and simply don't have time to sit and fiddle with editing sounds and sampling. I was just starting to arrange a cover of May it Be from Enya. the strings and brass that came from the Artist edition are going to make it so much better sounding. The vocal samples are awesome too. The few hundred pad loops are going to actually be useful.

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenomorph wrote:
I purchased the Artist Edition today from Asena, and I literally got goose bumps when I tried a few samples. There are a cpl sax and trumpet sounds that are unbelievable. There's a violin that is leagues beyond anything factory. The distorted guitars are excellent, and the nylon guitars are phenomenal. I know some can't fathom spending the extra $, but boy am I glad I did. It elevates the pa5x to an entirely new level I honestly didn't think was possible.

I work 55+ hrs a week and simply don't have time to sit and fiddle with editing sounds and sampling. I was just starting to arrange a cover of May it Be from Enya. the strings and brass that came from the Artist edition are going to make it so much better sounding. The vocal samples are awesome too. The few hundred pad loops are going to actually be useful.

This made my morning 04:38 here now.
more things to ad , we must have a great update soon.

THANK YOU, for this post.

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xenomorph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've been working some unexpected 3rd shifts, and my sleep is messed up. I woke up at 4am and all I could think about was playing around with the pa5x and Asenas sounds.

I've got a busy cpls weeks but at some point, I'll be posting a lot of vids showing comparisons of Factory pa5x vs Asenas Artist Edition. Example...

I did a short cover of Enigma-Sadness/Sadeness a cpl months back, used the Nautilus prog L037 Enigmatic Shakuhachi(Enigma is in the name for a reason). It sounds alright, better than the plain Jane L036 program.

Now the Factory Shakuhachi in the pa5x sounds good, but very different from the Nautilus. It's an odd comparison, the Nautilus version sounds more like a regular flute, the pa5x more genuine.

Enter Asenas GS Shakuhachi titled "Enigma Touch"...

THIS is how a Shakuhachi sounds. There's no more "but which do I use for so and so song cover?" The answer is immediate, this is going to save me time, and is so inspiring. I just turned 50, and even without Asenas package he put together, I've never sat a board/arranger(I had the pa3x yrs ago, and the Medeli akx10 for a cpl months) and smiled this much. I feel a tad overwhelmed with what's at my fingertips, but I've only had the pa5x for 10 days. Add the Artist edition to this beast, and it's now THE world class arranger imo. With all its flaws and missing functions(none of these affect me), it's still leagues better than the competition.

I haven't felt like this since I got the M1 36 yrs ago. I honestly feel like a kid again. Thank you Korg, and Thank You Asena for putting this together. I'm sure there are others out there with packages, but after watching countless videos, I chose this. This board has now cost me $5,400 after tax w/the Artist Edition, and it's worth every friggin penny.

*I cannot stress enough how good the drum pad loops are. I want to do some alan walker etc on this, and those pads are going to be very useful. The amount from the factory is a joke. You get several hundred here, and they are well thought out. OK back to it...

Happy St. Paddy's day all!

Current: Pa5X, Nautilus
Past: M1, X5D, N364, Karma, X50, TR61, M50, micro-Korg, Triton Extreme, Pa3x, Roland Fantom 06, Akai mpc key61
Bescki

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenomorph wrote:

I agree with you. Sanples are professional and give better feeling than factory sounds.

Good job Asena. 👍🏻
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
JagiChan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenomorph wrote:
So I've been working some unexpected 3rd shifts, and my sleep is messed up. I woke up at 4am and all I could think about was playing around with the pa5x and Asenas sounds.

I've got a busy cpls weeks but at some point, I'll be posting a lot of vids showing comparisons of Factory pa5x vs Asenas Artist Edition. Example...

I did a short cover of Enigma-Sadness/Sadeness a cpl months back, used the Nautilus prog L037 Enigmatic Shakuhachi(Enigma is in the name for a reason). It sounds alright, better than the plain Jane L036 program.

Now the Factory Shakuhachi in the pa5x sounds good, but very different from the Nautilus. It's an odd comparison, the Nautilus version sounds more like a regular flute, the pa5x more genuine.

Enter Asenas GS Shakuhachi titled "Enigma Touch"...

THIS is how a Shakuhachi sounds. There's no more "but which do I use for so and so song cover?" The answer is immediate, this is going to save me time, and is so inspiring. I just turned 50, and even without Asenas package he put together, I've never sat a board/arranger(I had the pa3x yrs ago, and the Medeli akx10 for a cpl months) and smiled this much. I feel a tad overwhelmed with what's at my fingertips, but I've only had the pa5x for 10 days. Add the Artist edition to this beast, and it's now THE world class arranger imo. With all its flaws and missing functions(none of these affect me), it's still leagues better than the competition.

I haven't felt like this since I got the M1 36 yrs ago. I honestly feel like a kid again. Thank you Korg, and Thank You Asena for putting this together. I'm sure there are others out there with packages, but after watching countless videos, I chose this. This board has now cost me $5,400 after tax w/the Artist Edition, and it's worth every friggin penny.

*I cannot stress enough how good the drum pad loops are. I want to do some alan walker etc on this, and those pads are going to be very useful. The amount from the factory is a joke. You get several hundred here, and they are well thought out. OK back to it...

Happy St. Paddy's day all!

Your joy and explanation is forcing me think that I should also get hold of Asena's work; but damn, I don't have spare dough for my hobbies; the kids are going to need it for college (beginning next summer). College is too expensive and every bit is needed to ensure that they can go to college and complete it. So until I can afford Asena's work, I'll keep using the factory sounds.

Congratulations Asena on a job well done.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU ALL. Very Happy

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Bescki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
THANK YOU ALL. Very Happy

thank you for wasting your time for us Very Happy
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: