Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Add measures du ending

View previous topic :: View next topic  
testmb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject: Add measures du ending Reply with quote

Hello,

have anybody an idea how to add measures to an existing ending of a style.

Ending 3 of Foo Rock for example has only 2 measures (Too short for me) but I want to edit it so it sounds over 4 measures (longer sustain)

Many thanks
PA4X,Akai S3000,Roland TD17K, Play on Yamaha S90Es every sunday, Have a Roland E-86 since 22 years, Yamaha Qy-70, GEM wx2, Quasimidi styledrive, V-machine, Casio DH-100, Roland PC160, Drumkat DK10, Roland MS-1, Simmons Hugger , Yamaha TMX, Roland PD31,Soundtracs Topaz Mini mixer. Can use 2x Yamaha MS 60. Yamaha MJC8 Midi matrix 1x8.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit the style's ending and extend its number of measures - make sure you do this for all active CVs for that ending.
You will of course have to "record" something in the extra measures or re-record the whole ending etc... you can copy&paste measures etc.....

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Add measures du ending Reply with quote

testmb wrote:
.. how to add measures to an existing ending of a style ...

It's fine as Karmathanever recommended - but what is really important is that CV1 and CV2 are set to the same length of CvLen - I think you intended CvLen of 3 (or also 4) for Foo Rocks Ending 3.

If you then play the ending3, you will be amazed that bar 1 repeats the 3rd bar (the added measure of the previous existing ending).

This is due to the parameters RecLength and CvLength, where RecLength sets the recording length in measures and CvLength sets the total length up to 32 measures.
RecLength alwas is equal to, or a divider of CvLength.
CvLength is not the total length of the CV, but just of the current track, where patterns shorter then CVLength are repeating/looping till end of CvLength.

That happens with your endings added with one measure - now it is necessary to delete the repeated events of the third measure that can be done with StyleEdit>Delete of CV1 and CV2 starting at 3.01.00.

Now you have endings with maj/moll-Cvs with an additional measure at the end, where now it is necessary to expand the short events in the second measure in StyleEdit>Event-Edit (if wanted).

Send me an mail-adress with pm if you have troubles to expand Foo Rock - i will send you the style with expanded measures as described, a variation with 4-measured ending and and a second variation of ending3 with a 4-measured ending copied/shortend from ending1.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
testmb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject: easy Reply with quote

Hi everybody

I've managed to do it thanks to your help

The solution is simple, you have first to extend CV lenght than you can adapt Rec lenght. I tried only to extend rec lenght which is not possible.

Max
PA4X,Akai S3000,Roland TD17K, Play on Yamaha S90Es every sunday, Have a Roland E-86 since 22 years, Yamaha Qy-70, GEM wx2, Quasimidi styledrive, V-machine, Casio DH-100, Roland PC160, Drumkat DK10, Roland MS-1, Simmons Hugger , Yamaha TMX, Roland PD31,Soundtracs Topaz Mini mixer. Can use 2x Yamaha MS 60. Yamaha MJC8 Midi matrix 1x8.
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First extend the rec and cv as many bars as you want.
Then just delete everything (allnotes) starting from bar 3 for example ,to end ,and save it

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Santikamil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! Can someone help me know how I should edit and modify an ending? I'm doing it on my Pa but it changes all the sounds of the variations. I'm doing something wrong. If there is any video I would be very grateful. Greetings
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:34 pm    Post subject: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

Santikamil wrote:
Hello everyone! Can someone help me know how I should edit and modify an ending? I'm doing it on my Pa but it changes all the sounds of the variations. I'm doing something wrong. If there is any video I would be very grateful. Greetings

With modifying accompaniment sound for an Ending you assigned Accompaniment Sounds to the whole Style, because you saved it in Current Style Settings. That will not change when changing Style Element (for example, going from Variation 1 to Variation 2 or to Ending).

You can assign Accompaniment Sounds to each Style Element separately, to let them change when choosing a different Style Element - that can be done in Style-Record-Mode with "Write Style".

That is described in manual page 221 (Style vs. Style Element Sounds).

PS: Mark "Original Sound Set" in "Style Tracks View" and you can use sounds of all your style elements are unchanged.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Santikamil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Style vs. Style Element Sounds Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Santikamil wrote:

With modifying accompaniment sound for an Ending you assigned Accompaniment Sounds to the whole Style, because you saved it in Current Style Settings. That will not change when changing Style Element (for example, going from Variation 1 to Variation 2 or to Ending).

You can assign Accompaniment Sounds to each Style Element separately, to let them change when choosing a different Style Element - that can be done in Style-Record-Mode with "Write Style".

That is described in manual page 221 (Style vs. Style Element Sounds).

PS: Mark "Original Sound Set" in "Style Tracks View" and you can use sounds of all your style elements are unchanged.

Good day thank you very much. I didn't fully understand your answer, surely the manual can help me too. Do you know where I can download it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: