Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaPale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject: Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant Reply with quote

Hi all,

I own the Pa5X International and I am searching for the styles added to the Musikant edition. Does anyone know how to get these styles?
Nemydom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
Hi all,

I own the Pa5X International and I am searching for the styles added to the Musikant edition. Does anyone know how to get these styles?

The musikant styles will not play correctly on International version. Revoicing is possible, but you need to be an "experienced style creator" to do it properly.
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.
bensel46

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
DaPale wrote:
Hi all,

The musikant styles will not play correctly on International version. Revoicing is possible, but you need to be an "experienced style creator" to do it properly.

Not all of them need to be revoiced.
And revoicing isn't that hard.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bensel46/videos
Nemydom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant Reply with quote

bensel46 wrote:
Nemydom wrote:
DaPale wrote:
Hi all,

Not all of them need to be revoiced.
And revoicing isn't that hard.

Based on my own experience with pa4x, most of them need significant revoicing. That's why I decided to go with Musikant version buying pa5x...

If it's not "that hard" for you, means you have specific experience, skill, and/or talent. Please do not confuse people. I can assure you, that revoicing is not easy for those who have never done it before or don't have experience in arranging and/or mixing. A very significant portion of general arranger users don't have those skills.
Please remember, even if Ukraine is far from you, it's fighting for you now! The outcome affects your future. So, support Ukraine! By any means, or simply by raising your voice. Every bit helps. Stand with Ukraine! We all do.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
I am searching for the styles added to the Musikant edition. Does anyone know how to get these styles?

Μusikant Edition requires a PKG installation of localized resources that do not exist in International Pa5X sample resources.
You can't recreate those resources since you have not access to those PKG encrypted sample resources even if you own it.
Musikant Styles & KBD Set are using those sample resources and can't be replaced with international factory resources as happened with Pa3X.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Nemydom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for the styles from the Pa5X Musikant Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
DaPale wrote:
I am searching for the styles added to the Musikant edition. Does anyone know how to get these styles?

Μusikant Edition requires a PKG installation of localized resources that do not exist in International Pa5X sample resources.
You can't recreate those resources since you have not access to those PKG encrypted sample resources even if you own it.
Musikant Styles & KBD Set are using those sample resources and can't be replaced with international factory resources as happened with Pa3X.

yes, thats 100% correct explanation. When I mentioned "revoicing", I only meant approximate recreation, using the voices available to the international version.
That's why I always keep saying: if you are interested in Musikant content - buy a Musikant version!!!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-voicing is not an option for instrument samples that do not exist , or for DKs with different drum's elements mapping !
Just wasting of time ...

I think that Musikant version is an upgrade of international , so you just purchase and install localized Musicant PKG installation.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
DaPale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for the replies.
I hoped that Korg had a software package to purchase with the Musikant extras.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted that ...

DaPale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I posted that ...

Do you know where to find the software package?
JagiChan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
AntonySharmman wrote:
I posted that ...

AFAIK, the musikant package is NOT available as an update. As AntonySharmman had explained, I guess it is a protected package and will need some special Korg keys to decrypt the same.
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagiChan wrote:
DaPale wrote:
AntonySharmman wrote:
I posted that ...

AFAIK, the musikant package is NOT available as an update. As AntonySharmman had explained, I guess it is a protected package and will need some special Korg keys to decrypt the same.

Yes, you are right, it's unavailable, and most likely will not be available for pa5x. Just buy Musicant version - you will get two in one! The "International" version can be loaded to Musikant, and it's officially confirmed by Korg!

Please don't be confused by the fact that Musikant is designed for German-speaking countries. The styles in the Musicant are much more useable for many European cultures! The "International" version is way more UK/USA oriented.

Smile
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:

Please don't be confused by the fact that Musikant is designed for German-speaking countries. The styles in the Musicant are much more useable for many European cultures! The "International" version is way more UK/USA oriented.

.... and also, when see pictures of it, some of the text at several positions at the keyboard is German language.
It's a mix of English and German, but if it's the same regarding OS interface I don't know.
Myself I would like to see addonpacks for Pa5X, maybe similiar they made for Pa1000.

Btw, for those who like German folk music, Sound Wonderland https://soundwonderland.de/pages/en/home.php has started to create styles for Pa5X.
Usually they have made different styles & software for Yamaha, but now the Korg format is to see at their website.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
laurance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He never said the Musikant package existed anywhere, but also confirmed like all who are interested and knows that this is only available in Musikant version

And yes, it existed in Pa 600, 700 and 1000 as a MicroSD option.
Nemydom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnar J wrote:

.... and also, when see pictures of it, some of the text at several positions at the keyboard is German language.
It's a mix of English and German, but if it's the same regarding OS interface I don't know.

In the operating system interface, you have the option to select a language. If you choose English, the interface will be primarily in English, with 99% of it in English. However, there are exceptions, such as sound categories, which remain in German. Despite not knowing any German at all, I find this unique mix enjoyable and not at all bothersome—it's actually amusing!

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: