Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M1 - advancing through the programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schmoelzel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:06 am    Post subject: Korg M1 - advancing through the programs Reply with quote

Hello from Canada......total Korg M1 newbie here. Picked one up a little while ago and really love this keyboard and it's sounds. One annoying thing I can't figure out is how to advance through the sounds. In the manual it says to press the PROG key and then use the up/down keys. However, when I press the PROG key, the flashing cursor is always under the first editing function. Pressing the up/down keys changes this function (osc I think). Is there a secret on getting the cursor to appear in the Program name area? Any help is appreciated. BTW, I can advance through the various sounds but I have to use the number keys.
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Korg M1 - advancing through the programs Reply with quote

Hi schmoelzel - welcome to the forum! Very Happy

A 'normal' working M1/M1R lets you trawl through the PROGS/COMBIS by using the numeric buttons as well as the UP/DOWN buttons...

...so the behaviour of your synth is a bit strange Shocked

Have you already tried to reset (initialize) the synth? If not here's the procedure:

Turn OFF the synth. Now press AND hold the [INT], [CARD] and [COMBI] buttons and turn the synth ON. The ROM (=firmware) version will be displayed on the display's right side (two digits), and the M1's data will be initialized. This erases ALL internal data so after this procedure you have to reload the patches via MIDI or by using a cartridge. So if there are patches you want to keep please save them BEFORE you initialize the M1!

Hope this helps...

Best,
the crimson thunder
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the cursor re-appear below the Program number if the Prog button is pressed again?

Has the internal battery been replaced recently?
schmoelzel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg M1 - advancing through the programs Reply with quote

the_crimson_thunder wrote:
Hi schmoelzel - welcome to the forum! Very Happy

A 'normal' working M1/M1R lets you trawl through the PROGS/COMBIS by using the numeric buttons as well as the UP/DOWN buttons...

...so the behaviour of your synth is a bit strange Shocked

Have you already tried to reset (initialize) the synth? If not here's the procedure:

Turn OFF the synth. Now press AND hold the [INT], [CARD] and [COMBI] buttons and turn the synth ON. The ROM (=firmware) version will be displayed on the display's right side (two digits), and the M1's data will be initialized. This erases ALL internal data so after this procedure you have to reload the patches via MIDI or by using a cartridge. So if there are patches you want to keep please save them BEFORE you initialize the M1!

Hope this helps...

Best,
the crimson thunder

thank you for the tip. When I got the keyboard, it did not boot-up. I did the battery replacement and then reinstalled the programs via midi. I guess I can do this again and see if that helps.
schmoelzel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Does the cursor re-appear below the Program number if the Prog button is pressed again?

Has the internal battery been replaced recently?

Cursor doesn't appear below the prog #. Have pressed it multiple times. Yes, I did replace the battery and reinstalled the voices (programs). I can advance through the programs via the # pad.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stuck-on Cursor Key could have been a possible reason for the observed behaviour. If that was the case, pressing the Prog key would have moved the cursor back to below the Program number. If it doesn't do this, then something else is causing the issue.

Does the problem still occur if all MIDI cables, pedal cables, and output cables are disconnected? When replacing the main board in the M1 after a backup battery replacement, there is a chance some wires can become trapped between the main board and the case. I'm not sure if the wires that can become trapped have anything to do with the issue, but it's worth checking. Also check that no connectors have become dislodged.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: