Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behaviour of one of our fellow Forum Members

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:32 am    Post subject: Behaviour of one of our fellow Forum Members Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm probably going to get a warning from the Moderators for this Post.

As you all know, the PA5X Forum has become quite fractious for months now, mainly due to Korg's inability to provide a properly working O/S almost 20 months after it's launch. This has caused a lot of owners to use these Forums (rightly so) to air their grievances whereas some owners are quite happy with the Korg PA5X and also use the Forum to express their views. We all use our arrangers in different ways, but there isn't a single owner that is not directly affected by the O/S issues, not one. As such, every single Forum Members has the right to express their opinions and views about the PA5X be it good or bad. For me personally, I was biding my time waiting for Korg to provide an O/S equally as stable as that in the PA4X, and then the issue arose with the coloured LED buttons starting to disintegrate internally. This has proved to be a turning point for me and something I am very unhappy about. I have raised the issue with my Dealer and have contacted Korg U.K. directly. I am awaiting a response. Fortunately I am still under warranty (albeit only 12 months).

We have our three longstanding experts on these Forums, Antony Sharmman, karmathanever and Qui Robinez who have earned the Members respect for consistently offering sound advice, assistance and general help on these Forums, (along with excellent tutorial videos).

That said, I have noticed that one relatively new Member has arrived on the PA5X Forums (with few posts) and seems to consistently post in defence of Korg and the PA5X. This Forum Member also takes it on themselves to question Forum Members when they have a grievance (and even imply that it's the Forum Members lack of knowledge causing issues and not the keyboard). I started to notice a pattern occurring with this Forum Member but I'm not sure what the correct term is used for somebody acting in this manner. Maybe a reverse 'troll' or a 'plant'. Could somebody please enlighten me. I wonder if this Member could possibly be aligned to Korg or to a Korg Dealership. Ironically, I do actually know one U.K. Dealer who posts on these Forums under a pseudonym. Had this person been on these forums for several years I probably would not have noticed anything unusual, but for them to suddenly appear and start making these kind of posts, it was noticeable.

I cannot Post the username of the Forum Member I am referring to as this would result in a ban from these Forums, but I'm pretty sure quite a few Members will know who I am referring to (and probably be in agreeance).

Chris
DaPale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

I think you're talking about me in your story. I'm new, have a new Korg Pa5X. I am in no way related to any dealer or Korg itself.

My pleasure lies in making music and participating in this forum. For example, I contribute new ideas to the relevant thread and report bugs if I find them. I message Korg across various channels to keep up the pressure on the fact that Korg users are dissatisfied with how they operate, both in communication and issuing updates asking for this to change. And yes, what strikes me is that there is a group that sees everything as if the glass is half empty, but also a group that sees that the glass is half full. Don't forget that for new Korg users it can be incredibly demotivating to read so much grumbling and negativity. I understand it for the forum members who write these messages, they do. But my opinion is that it does not add much and I have the feeling that it only creates more frustration.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens on every forum.

When a member keeps ranting about the same issue over and over again and when it is coupled with demeaning comments about fellow members that is when it becomes galling and the Moderators should take action.

With a Beta product like the Pa5X is, then some members like me who are home players find it does all I will ever need in a keyboard, whilst for others it does not meet expectations.

A beta Pa5X was always on the cards, I fail to understand why so many rushed out to buy one, it is a Korg and following their re-structuring they are moving even more slowly than they did prior, unless its the Synth market where its full steam ahead

I respect the views of others and they are entitled to grumble and all I would ask is if you want to grumble be reasonable and quit being repetitive.

After the 5X has been on the market for quite a while ask yourself the question “Has my comments resulted in Korg releasing the update that I want? “

Pretty sure the answer will be a resounding …. No.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, KORG Pa 5 X sounds Amazingly good, I love that part, i also love Korg for the deep editing, BUT Please don't say we make this worse, NO it’s not us, it,s how they say things from KORG and how they do it!

For me , It,s important that the Keyboard must be in TIME, , i mean 2024, And it must also give what we expect from a product for 4500/5000 Euros.

If you that makes this replays on what we all miss don't even uses it, Don't comment,

Or If you want to comment it, make some sounds styles edits firstly, and maybe you can understand how we are struggling with the Keyboard.
Whenever we mail to KORG even they do not get with any correction of the things, so we have KORG forums to express our selves, That's ok, No one says anything that is wrong or bad, we just discuss the things that is important and needed.
Just one example is, Why not have Wave usage, Why not have 100% SF2 import like KRONOS, why not have quick rec, or whatsoever that we like to have in older models.
Paying more getting less is the Problem here.
And not getting anywhere is the worst thing, by that i mean NO CONTACT! NO INFO, NO PR!

So Please undarstand one thing, FORUM, EXPRESS YOUR SELF, ASK, BE SAD/ANGRY SOLVE all this things are ok here.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
And yes, what strikes me is that there is a group that sees everything as if the glass is half empty, but also a group that sees that the glass is half full.

Either way it is a very expensive glass with cracks in it....
This is not about being positive or negative for most but merely expressing disappointment and frustration about being ripped-off with no means of communication and in the majority of such posts are referring to "facts" that are triggering their emotions.
DaPale wrote:
Don't forget that for new Korg users it can be incredibly demotivating to read so much grumbling and negativity.

Or... bring to their attention that they have actually bought an expensive product which has problems and is incomplete plus any prospective owner can make a more sensible decision plus, in the slight event that Korg actually do read comments here, they may eventually see the light and change their attitude and customer service at least back to the way it was.
We are all free on these forums to be positive, negative or whatever but somehow the "message" needs to get to someone at Korg who cares but not sure anyone does except the team in Italy who are under strict instructions to keep quiet.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
it is a Korg and following their re-structuring they are moving even more slowly than they did prior, unless its the Synth market where its full steam ahead

Are you talking about this?

https://mmrmagazine.com/site/mmr-global/korg-uk-announces-restructure-for-future-growth/

Nothing there implies anything related to product development (which AFAIK is almost entirely done by Korg Japan and Korg Italy). Korg UK is primarily a distribution, marketing, service/support company. And related, that restructuring (based on that article) was in the leadership positions of "sales and marketing," "marketing and communications," and "field sales manager" (all presumably for the U.K./European market). None of that would seem to have anything to do with software/hardware development. I think you can get a good overview of the company's role from the text at https://brands.korg.co.uk/ but bottom line, I think they have nothing at all to do with the development of the Pa5X. I think the best you could hope for is that they pass along concerns they hear from their customers/dealers to Korg Italy (which has generally been responsible for the arranger line).

Or was there some other restructuring you are referring to?

(ETA: I subsequently saw another post from you about an international restructuring, so I guess you were referring to something more. Any chance you have a link to some more info? I'm curious and didn't find anything.)

Biggles wrote:
After the 5X has been on the market for quite a while ask yourself the question “Has my comments resulted in Korg releasing the update that I want? “

I think you're probably right here. I don't think Korg pays much attention to social media. Which is related to...

Asena wrote:
 And not getting anywhere is the worst thing, by that i mean NO CONTACT! NO INFO, NO PR!

Yes. Roland is about the same. Years ago, every now and then, you'd see a rep from one of these companies pipe in on a discussion, but it's become increasingly unlikely that you get even that. While not perfect, Yamaha still leads in customer engagement via the yamahasynth forum (current platform relaunching issues aside) and ideascale.

At any rate, with any board, I think one should assume that it will never do anything more/better than how it worked on the day you bought it, and anything else is gravy. If its disappointments outweigh its benefits, don't buy it (or return it). You can hope for fixes/updates, but you certainly can't count on them.

Last edited by Scott on Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
Biggles wrote:
it is a Korg and following their re-structuring they are moving even more slowly than they did prior, unless its the Synth market where its full steam ahead

Are you talking about this?

https://mmrmagazine.com/site/mmr-global/korg-uk-announces-restructure-for-future-growth/

Nothing there implies anything related to product development (which AFAIK is almost entirely done by Korg Japan and Korg Italy). Korg UK is primarily a distribution, marketing, service/support company. And related, that restructuring (based on that article) was in the leadership positions of "sales and marketing," "marketing and communications," and "field sales manager" (all presumably for the U.K./European market). None of that would seem to have anything to do with software/hardware development. I think you can get a good overview of the company's role from the text at https://brands.korg.co.uk/ but bottom line, I think they have nothing at all to do with the development of the Pa5X. I think the best you could hope for is that they pass along concerns they hear from their customers/dealers to Korg Italy (which has generally been responsible for the arranger line).

Or was there some other restructuring you are referring to?

Biggles wrote:

I think you're probably right here. I don't think Korg pays much attention to social media. Which is related to...

Asena wrote:

Yes. Roland is about the same. Years ago, every now and then, you'd see a rep from one of these companies pipe in on a discussion, but it's become increasingly unlikely that you get even that. While not perfect, Yamaha still leads in customer engagement via the yamahasynth forum (current platform relaunching issues aside) and ideascale.

At any rate, with any board, I think one should assume that it will never do anything more/better than how it worked on the day you bought it, and anything else is gravy. If its disappointments outweigh its benefits, don't buy it (or return it). You can hope for fixes/updates, but you certainly can't count on them.

Well I have contacted DIRK, and Many other that is involved on PA5X, but not much has happened! So i dont know what more can be done!
I understand that, they are trying to fix things, But even a space ship does not take 2 years to build i think!

like i say, i Love the Keyboard, I love the KORG since 40 years back, but this is so sad, No information , and NO communication. Sad only

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
DaPale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most brands other than Korg only provide bug fixes and very rare new features. Korg last released an update in November with bug fixes and new features. Hopefully they will continue this course and fulfill their promise with what is described in the FAQs and fix many bugs in the near future.
As I write every time in this forum. As a software developer, I know what it means to develop a new OS and bring it to the market. You come to the market with 70% of the old OS and then develop it further. Hopefully Korg keeps its promises, otherwise it will cost a lot of customers. As mentioned before in this forum, I am new to the Korg world, except for the M1, but this will also be my last if they do not live up to their promise and this trend continues. Although I have high hopes.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject: Pa5x Beta Product ? Why to quit being repetitive? Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
... happens on every forum .. ranting about the same issue over and over again ...

... this is not a fact, but your assumption. However, where legitimate complaints appear frequently and repeatedly, they should be supported instead of suppressed until the producer has remedied the cause in short time and and a customer-friendly manner.

To stop legitimate complaints is counterproductive for customers.

Biggles wrote:
...ask yourself the question “Has my comments resulted in Korg releasing the update that I want? “

That's another guess of you - a good answer to the question of the effectiveness of justified complaints is "YES", because especially in the history of the Korg Arranger, relatively timely updates were the result of posted customer complaints.

The fact is that these are unfortunately no longer possible - such as in the abandoned German-language forum moderated by Korg. And that is the background to your resounding "NO" you assume.

Biggles wrote:
... a Beta product like the Pa5X is, then some members like me who are home players find it does all I will ever need in a keyboard...

It's good for you if you accept the Pa5x as a beta product and it offers you everything you need for your home gaming.

However, you should accept that this may only provide a fraction of the functionality and that there are users whose expectations the Pa5x does not meet due to inadequacies - and for them it would be unreasonable to repeat that until they are fixed.

It may be that with the purchase price paid for it they would have expected more than a beta product
- and unlike you they have legitimate reasons to be repetitive -
- but to have trouble every day with a long-unfinished product should give you something to think about too, also if you don't like repetitives

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
Most brands other than Korg only provide bug fixes and very rare new features. Korg last released an update in November with bug fixes and new features. Hopefully they will continue this course and fulfill their promise with what is described in the FAQs and fix many bugs in the near future.
As I write every time in this forum. As a software developer, I know what it means to develop a new OS and bring it to the market. You come to the market with 70% of the old OS and then develop it further. Hopefully Korg keeps its promises, otherwise it will cost a lot of customers. As mentioned before in this forum, I am new to the Korg world, except for the M1, but this will also be my last if they do not live up to their promise and this trend continues. Although I have high hopes.

Well, you have arrived at a not too dissimilar place most reasonably, well-adjusted folk around here are at after almost two years since the release of PA5X...

All we can do is wait with some sort of anticipation (although fragile) and like your good self, with the hope the tide turns inside Korg at some point, preferably with a road map and evolutionary process not too dissimilar and last seen with very successful PA4X and of note here, the excellent OS NEXT...

If and when Korg redeem themselves from the unfortunate start we have seen so far with PA5X and find away to continue this ethos from PA4X to PA5X, then who knows the waters may calm around here...

BUT...If this is not realised in a similar fashion like PA4X, then like you and for many more (I am certain) those wallets, like mine will stay firmly shut in the future (if one exists?)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: