Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA - how to mute/switch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject: KARMA - how to mute/switch Reply with quote

OK, difficult to describe in the header.

What I am trying to achieve is to temporarily switch KARMA on and off with a foot switch, to pause the effect and then continue it.

OK so I got karma switch on and off with cc82 alright. But then all sound stops and I have to retrigger the keys. Not working.

I got the module to pause with the RT controllers etc. But again also here the sound stops completely.

So let me rephrase it.

Like, applying an LFO while holding the keys, by pushing a button or joystick, and when you let go again then you have your normal sound again.

So the same am trying to achieve with karma. When switching on, Karma should have its effect on the sound, when I let go again, the normal sound should be heard.
Basically KARMA needs to keep running in the background so that it continues getting information from the keys am playing.

Any of you?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
thethirdapple

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF i am correctly understanding the end result you are looking to achieve?

Bring a KARMA driven timbre in and out of the mix even after you’ve stopping playing on the keys. And continue playing the keys and bring the KARMA driven module in and out of the mix without missing a beat.

Thought the module RUN function achieves this… assign a switch as an RTP to control whether a module is running while KARMA is on...

Instead of pausing or stop/starting the KARMA module, you could choose a number of methods to mute or adjust the volume of the channel or timbre which is being driven by KARMA. In this way, the module is always running with whatever data was last recieved.

There is also a parameter setting to allow a timbre to play through, regardless of whether the KARMA module is “on”. This may also address the effect you are looking to achieve.

And there could be Kronos specific methods which I am not aware of.

PEACE
_
_
_
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth exploring how things are set up in the factory Combi called "Hardfloor". It uses the Vector Joystick -Y position as a "switch" to turn off four of the KARMA activated timbres. KARMA continues to run, but those Timbres produce no sound whilst the Vector Joystick in in the -Y position.

voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note added: In order for the above to work, it is necessary to go to Global mode and, in the Controllers / Scales | Controllers tab, assign CC#119 to SW1 to SW4. It works for other Combis, too. Be aware that this affects all the switches that CC#119 has been assigned to, not just the active ones, which may affect how the Timbres respond in the various KARMA Scenes. If CC#118 is assigned instead, then the switches will respond to the -X Vector Joystick position.
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for all your ideas. It probably will be the easiest to mute the specific program in a Combi. I was probably thinking too complicated..

It still would interest me if it's possible though 😉 so one could use the same program with and without KARMA quickly switching on and off. But as said, it is doable with muting within a combination.

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: