Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa5x Poll On Overall Satisfaction
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Overall Satisfaction with Pa5x
Well worth the money
50%
 50%  [ 20 ]
Could be better. I’ll wait for another OS update
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
It’s a buggy 4x in a new body
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
I want to throw it off a bridge
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I was smart and sold it or returned it
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 40

Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:05 am    Post subject: Pa5x Poll On Overall Satisfaction Reply with quote

Nearly 2 years ago, I was lucky to get the first batch of the Korg pa5x that came to America. I opened the pa5x box on July 1, 2022 and sold it within a few weeks. Worst release of an arranger. Extremely buggy. Missing features. Things not working correctly. The list goes on.

Just want to know where the Korg customer stands with the pa5x. I know where I stand almost 2 years after the release.
Dan MMXVDB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I stand - I have not experienced the number of bugs in the keyboard as others have reported but the flagship arranger for me was still a disappointment, particularly in the audio file playback quality.
I'm guessing it must be really, really difficult to code and implement additional higher quality audio recording / audio file playback capabilities on the Korg PA5X, or else they would have been included, right?
I mean I appreciate mp3 has been around for over 30 years but will it actually take Korg another decade or more before the realization other superior quality audio formats are out there?!
Sincerely hope additional superior audio format/s are eventually included in an OS update.
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Yamaha Genos and exchanged it with the Korg Pa5X. This is a relief for me. So many more functions that you can determine yourself, much more focused on live performance and the living room. High Quality.

There is a lot of grumbling about bugs and missing features. Personally, I'm less bothered by that. In fact, I understand it now. With the Pa5X, Korg has redeveloped the entire OS to keep up with the market. They learn a lot from the Yamaha OS, which is simply much more user-friendly and makes the Pa5X much more user-friendly. In addition to the new OS, it has also received many new features.
All this takes a lot of time for developers and in the software world it is normal with such major changes that you do not yet fully launch a product on the market.

I expect many new features, especially to reach the same level as the Pa4X. If they don't do that, it will cost customers. I agree with everyone that communication could be much better. However, a Yamaha Engineer once told me that they are also not allowed to talk about what they are doing, new features and bug fixes are kept quiet. That is a shame, but we have to deal with it.

There is still a lot to do by Korg and expect it to happen. You will see that a Pa6X when it appears is put on the market without many problems because the OS has been completely developed. For me I made a good choice and look forward to new updates. In any case, those listed on Korg's FAQ page.
F-Minor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is of course not a representative poll but a rather cheap way to express your dissatisfaction.

F-Minor

PA5X 88 (& I love it! Smile )

YT: https://www.youtube.com/@FransV2010
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="F-Minor"]This is of course not a representative poll but a rather cheap way to express your dissatisfaction.[/quote]

Yep !

The expensive way to express dissatisfaction was to actually by this defective product and then have the audacity to complain about it.
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well worth the money!
It's a great TOTL Arranger, wonderful instrument. Very Happy
Reading the numbers of negatiove comments, I'm also looking forward to see what next OS update will bring and what's being fixed and added of the features that's missing compared to Pa4. 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
F-Minor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who calls him/herself "smart" in this poll... mmm... let me guess...

Twisted Evil

The people who enjoy the instrument must be stupid, right?

(Well, in fact I was stupid in another thread here at the forums).

F-Minor

PA5X 88 (& I love it! Smile )

YT: https://www.youtube.com/@FransV2010
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
In response to F Minors comments that this thread is a cheap way to express dissatisfaction with the PA5X. The poll currently stands at 18 owners, one who decided to return for a full refund whereas 17 owners either love their PA5X or think it could be better and are waiting for the next O/S. I think that pretty much blows those comments out of the water !!
Chris
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
In response to F Minors comments that this thread is a cheap way to express dissatisfaction with the PA5X. The poll currently stands at 18 owners, one who decided to return for a full refund whereas 17 owners either love their PA5X or think it could be better and are waiting for the next O/S. I think that pretty much blows those comments out of the water !!
Chris

((((( hear! hear! )))))
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like mostly the people on the forums love the pa5x. Too bad it doesn’t speak for the hundreds of costumers that are not on here. Sales speak for itself. Don’t forget, the price started at $5,500. Now it’s under 4k. Every store has them in stock. Hmmm makes me wonder why.

It might be a good keyboard if you take it out of the box and use it as is. But then you have a majority of people that create new styles and samples and drum kits. Nothing on my korg is factory. They’re all user sounds and drum kits with drum loops and samples. That’s where the keyboard just takes a dump. The Pa4x is far superior too the 5x when it comes to what I do.
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
Looks like mostly the people on the forums love the pa5x. Too bad it doesn’t speak for the hundreds of costumers that are not on here. Sales speak for itself. Don’t forget, the price started at $5,500. Now it’s under 4k. Every store has them in stock. Hmmm makes me wonder why.

It might be a good keyboard if you take it out of the box and use it as is. But then you have a majority of people that create new styles and samples and drum kits. Nothing on my korg is factory. They’re all user sounds and drum kits with drum loops and samples. That’s where the keyboard just takes a dump. The Pa4x is far superior too the 5x when it comes to what I do.

Do you know hundreds of customers that are not happy? The price of most keyboards are high on launch. That has nothing to do with the keyboard but is related to marketing strategy.
Niki_Keyz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaPale wrote:
Niki_Keyz wrote:

Do you know hundreds of customers that are not happy? The price of most keyboards are high on launch. That has nothing to do with the keyboard but is related to marketing strategy.

As much as remember, the Pa4x, 3x, 2x stayed the same price for years after launch. The 5x dropped drastically after a few months. Ask any store owner. I’ve had numerous calls from around the world asking my opinion on the 5x and I made sure they didn’t spend their money on it. The ones that asked me and still bought it, now call me and are asking to help sell it. I can speak for 15 musicians here in New York and the balkans that have bought it and went right back to the 4x. The ones that couldn’t sell it are keeping it in storage until some magic happens from korg. These are facts. Not every musician that owns a korg is on the forums. They’re on other platforms. Check out other platforms and tell me how happy they are. The keyboard was a flop from day 1. Korg know it. The sellers know it. The buyers know it.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I was checking some of the U.K. Dealers online and noticed that Bonners Of Eastbourne had 11 (yes 11) used Genos 1's for sale. I'm assuming that they have been traded in against Genos 2's. If so, that's a great take up from the Yamaha fraternity. I expect that is happening at many of the Yamaha Dealers around the U.K.
Chris
DaPale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what other musicians think of the Pa5X. I think it's a great keyboard and can handle it. The fact that someone else thinks it's a bad keyboard doesn't make it a flop or bad keyboard.

You try at all costs to defend your own feeling that the keyboard is bad and you find it strange that others think it is a good keyboard as you can see in your poll.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niki_Keyz wrote:
But then you have a majority of people that create new styles and samples and drum kits.
Nothing on my korg is factory. They’re all user sounds and drum kits with drum loops and samples.
That’s where the keyboard just takes a dump. The Pa4x is far superior too the 5x when it comes to what I do.

Excuse me but this Pa5X hating without the elementary knowledge of arranger blows my mind , really ...
I'm the sound developer of WaveArt , I have created over 300 sophisticated Styles with multi time signature mostly in Ethnic/Balkan
genre after OS v1.2 , with stereo time sliced percussion 50 custom superb DK and all tracks are made with WavesArt sound resources
of 8 GBs and zero factory sounds , I created them as easily as I did with Pa4X and I have to read all those nonsense every day ?

Me and Qui (that is the only I know here with deep knowledge in GUI and Music) , are trying to help and reduce this haters hardcore
ensuring owners that Pa5X is far better arranger in all aspects than Pa4X in current state and will be much better when developed further
with functions that you had been used in Pa4X and more features that you had never seen.
I'm not forgiving and I have posted all remaining issues and flaws that still have not been addressed and they will for sure , but owning
both Pa4X & Pa5X , I can't play anymore in Pa4X , sounds too outdated for me , like it or not ...

Out of box Pa5X is perfect , and amateur developers must get used to new GUI interface and not winging all time , because they can do
of what Qui and I have already done in Pa5X , learning to work differently with this new OS & interface else stay on your 10 years old Pa4X.

Just to be crystal clear ...

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: