Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Patch?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject: Next Patch? Reply with quote

Any chance we will see a 1.3 or 1.5 patch any time soon?
DaPale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is for sure!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any chance we will see a 1.3 or 1.5 patch any time soon?

Based on the last 2 years ".... any time soon ..." is questionable
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it,s close, But ON THE WAY, somewhere .

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Armendsh93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

March
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armendsh93 wrote:
March

Any details to verify this ?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Year?
iOpus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course.
And the Кorg team is asking the same question.
Very Happy
Korg M3
Korg PA3X 61
Korg PA4x 61
Korg PA5x 61 Musician, computer scientist and electronic engineer
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spot some sarcasm in the comments here. But why exactly? I think 90% of the Pa5X OS is fine, and 10% still needs improvement. For Pro users, this may disrupt his or her work. But overall I think a practically new OS is doing well and Korg has done a good job. Other brands really don't do better.
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the lack of communication from Korg that is irritating people.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpOoNmAn wrote:

But then has this ever been different, they always where really bad at communicating?

I remember about a decade ago Paolo was sometimes active. But thats about it from Korg on these boards. After the Germans taking over in Italy things got worse and they went to the same level of communication as Yamaha Europe.. absolutely none.
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
SpOoNmAn wrote:

But then has this ever been different, they always where really bad at communicating?

I remember about a decade ago Paolo was sometimes active. But thats about it from Korg on these boards. After the Germans taking over in Italy things got worse and they went to the same level of communication as Yamaha Europe.. absolutely none.

Yes you are correct. Yamaha has a great and big community on the Internet. They do the work. I think because the Yamaha arrangers are more for the regular keyboard player. Now I have a Korg Pa5X I search the Internet for styles and sounds and there are far less of it. I hope Korg will introduce the Midi to Style in the Pa5X so you can easily create your styles.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
SpOoNmAn wrote:

Then perhaps now is the time for change..........

I will not concern my self with Yamaha here, because the focus is with Korg...

When it comes to communicating to the end-user experience, it pays to be transparent and authentic...

Customers lie at the heart of everything Korg do, they should look to customers to help them with their journey and it is reasonable to expect customers to query extended issues...

Creating the right experiences that stimulate strong customer loyalty should be an absolute priority for Korg...

This should be understood by Korg when products like PA5X are underpinning finances and future forecasting, and day-to-day operations....

Communicating change should not be a one-off, as we have seen so far. Extended communication processes should be important for Korgs management who need to become more comfortable with this concept and approached with a positive viewpoint....

If customers recognise themselves as a valued part of Korgs community and feel their voices are heard, i feel confident this will help to facilitate positive, valuable feedback in the future...
DaPale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the KORG PA5X page I read the following FAQ's, so there will be future updates and big ones too. The OS is totally new and will take some time for the developers to redesign and refactor everything. And that is normal in the software industry.

USB Key and microSD-Protected Data
Q: Will it be possible to load encrypted data coming from older PaX models into Pa5X?
A: Only data that is made specifically for the Pa5X will be loadable into the Pa5X. SNO. You cannot load any data or use any microSD card from any other Korg Pa Series arranger. Only data that is made specifically for the Pa5X will be loadable into the Pa5X. Since the Pa5X runs on a completely new system, there is a new system for encrypted data and this new system cannot support Pa4X encryption. Details will be available very soon about localization possibilities.

Vocal processor preset compatibility
Q: Are the vocal processor presets from Pa4X compatible with Pa5X?
A: : Since the Pa5X contains a completely new vocal processor from Shift-Audio (the Pa4X vocal processing was handled by TC) the presets are not compatible. However, the effect modules inside the Shift-Audio vocal processor are similar, so you can rebuild the presets easily. In addition, the new SongBook conversion used in version 1.2.0 will automatically remap to the most similar presets in the Pa5X. .

Copy Keyboard Set
Q: Will the Pa5X have a feature like Copy KBD Set for SongBook entries and Styles?
A: Yes. The Pa5X will have new features to handle copying and even swapping of Keyboard Sets and SongBook entries. We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.

Style Creator Bot
Q: Will a Style Creator Bot be available in future updates?
A: Yes. A tool similar to the Style Creator Bot will be implemented. Since the Pa5X is a completely new product, the instrument offers a lot of possibilities for tweaking Style-data in new ways to be explored in the future OS updates. We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.

Quick Recording
Q: Will recording tools such as Quick Record be present in upcoming OS releases?
A: Yes. We are working on a new design of the Quick Record engine as part of a future OS release that will take full advantage of the powerful new Pa5X engine. We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.

KAOSS Pad
Q: With the KAOSS on-screen FX feature currently found on other Pa Series models make its way to Pa5X?
Yes. We are targeting this to be available in the next OS update, date TBA.

Hardware Options
Q: Will there be a replacement for the EC5 foot switch?
A: The EC5 footswitch has been negatively affected by the component shortages affecting so many industries around the world. We have to redesign it using alternative components but still delivering the same controls. Unfortunately, the production date is still uncertain.

Q: When will PaAS be available?
A: The PaAs has been negatively affected by the component shortages affecting so many industries around the world. We have to redesign it using alternative components but still delivering the same high-quality sound. We are targeting availability in late 2023.

PLEASE NOTE: all details and dates are subject to change without notice.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those FAQs were published over 18 months ago.
Note that there are no commitments and lots of TBAs.
Have Korg refreshed this? >>> No
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: