Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions to Xfer SEQ songs from TEX to Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshi88

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:59 am    Post subject: Suggestions to Xfer SEQ songs from TEX to Kronos Reply with quote

I have had my Triton Extreme for 20 years. LOve it!
But, I just have made the transition to the Kronos 2.
I have a large collection of TEX songs saved in SNG that can't be read on the KRONOS.

I would like to salvage my work.
Question: Which method is best?

1) save Triton Seq as native Triton MIDI files for export. Import to Kronos sequencer and then re-select programs from Kronos library for each track and then save multitracks in SEQ as a new *Kronos.SNG?

2) Save Triton SEQ songs as STD MIDI FILES, then import to KRONOS SEQ, then tweak programs etc.

Your thoughts thiis or another solution?
Triton PRO X 88
Trinity V3 61
O1WFD 61
T3 61
M1 61
03R
pete.m

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a personal thing that it's hard to advise. The two suggestions you make would both work, but you'd spend an awful lot of time if you then tried to adjust all the Kronos programs to get near to the Triton programs, and even then it wouldn't feel right.

Also, you could end up spending so much time transferring your old songs that you'd be missing out on having fun on the Kronos. As a past Triton Extreme owner and fan, I'd say that Kronos is far better.

What I would do is just to make sure that I had all the definitive mixes I needed from the Triton Extreme songs, and then move on. If you wanted to go the extra mile, I guess you could take also mixes of the individual Triton song tracks and then upload them into the Kronos or a DAW if you needed to at some future date, but again that would eat up a whole lot of time.

An alternative would be to simply keep your old Triton Extreme and its SNG files, in case you ever want to go back to them for whatever reason. If you've already sold it, then you could keep an eye out for a well-priced replacement at some point. They're not that expensive to come by, but there aren't that many (that I can see) for sale.

Best of luck with whatever you choose. Hope you enjoy your Kronos!
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete.m is perfectly right and even if you take this enormous amount of time to transfer each midi channel into your Kronos2, and then make all the necessary readjustments,
the Kronos2 will never be able to exactly recapture the spirit of a mix of an SNG made with your Triton Extreme.

I know that because I have an old Triton Extreme and a Kronos, and believe me, it takes a long, long time...!
The best is to redo your Triton Extreme songs with your Krnons 2 to recapture the feel of your songs
☀️♫🐬

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what a "native Triton MIDI file" is, so I suggest option 2 and export two standard MIDI files for each Triton sequencer song, Format 0 and Format 1. One format might work better in certain applications, so save both.

Even if the instruments and effects need to be modified when you load the MIDI file into a new keyboard or DAW, you will still retain the note data and MIDI controller data - good reasons save your SNG sequences to MIDI files.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=127284&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=sng+midi+format
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to save to Standard MIDI, and load them straight into the Kronos. Kronos won't read Triton SEQ data. When you load them into the Kronos, it will have saved CTRL 7, 10, 91,93, and a Bank/Patch event at the beginning of each sequence, in each track. You will have to go into Track Edit on the Kronos sequencer and delete these events before you reassign everything (it's a pain). Fortunately, you can use the search feature to find the programs you need in the Kronos to match them.

HI synthesis and HD-1 are not terribly different. If you find yourself missing certain programs that you needed in the Triton Extreme, often you can recreate the program parameters pretty easily in the Kronos.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
If you find yourself missing certain programs that you needed in the Triton Extreme, often you can recreate the program parameters pretty easily in the Kronos.

I had about 60 songs on my Roland XP-50. I found similar programs on my OASYS (same sequencer as Kronos), then used Multi-Record to record the songs over. It went pretty well.

I also had the Triton Extreme and Classic, but I didn't use those sequencers very much.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Gargamel314 wrote:
If you find yourself missing certain programs that you needed in the Triton Extreme, often you can recreate the program parameters pretty easily in the Kronos.

I had about 60 songs on my Roland XP-50. I found similar programs on my OASYS (same sequencer as Kronos), then used Multi-Record to record the songs over. It went pretty well.

I also had the Triton Extreme and Classic, but I didn't use those sequencers very much.

Is that Multi-Record of MIDI or Audio?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpoodoo wrote:
Is that Multi-Record of MIDI or Audio?

I multi-recorded MIDI tracks, but you can also record 4 tracks of audio at the same time. One pass can record 20 tracks (16 MIDI, 4 Audio).

I just wanted to save my song ideas, because I sold that XP-50.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: