Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brand new KK2-61 (or not)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:10 am    Post subject: Brand new KK2-61 (or not) Reply with quote

Hi guys

Apologies as this may seem a little pathetic but "I need someone to talk to".

I owned my KK1 for a long time and sold it about a year ago. My musician friend said that I would regret it - and I believe I do.
So, there is a brand new KK2 for sale at a reasonable price and I am very very tempted.

Just need a little feedback (please)
Is this a stupid idea? It is discontinued even though I will get a "new KK warranty".
I would not be able to use any of my KK1 licensed add-on purchases (KAPro etc...)
I also wonder if spare parts will be around much longer.
I don't think Nautilus AT would satisfy me (but open to advice/suggestions).

As you can see below, I have a Roland Fantom 8 EX which I love but will sell as my arthritic fingers are not coping with weighted keys too well.
I could go for a Fantom 6 or 7 (hard to find) but the KK2 is just sitting there looking at me Wink

Thanks

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say jump on it before it goes away. Wink

About transferring third party libraries, I think you can now use your purchased licenses on up to three different Kronos machines IIRC. Spare parts are for sure disappearing or gone already, so before purchasing an used Kronos, make sure to test it thoroughly to ensure there is no obvious problem.

Personally, I play my K2 almost daily and it remains the best keyboard instrument I have ever had. Nothing compares to it and I hope it will continue to work flawlessly for another 20 years. Cool
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with KK. I’m surprised that you found a new one, since they are not in production anymore. If it’s selling for a reasonable price…do it!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your replies.

The offer I have is equiv to US3,500 (is that good?)
This is brand new with full warranty - never owned but has been a display model.

Very Happy
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

during some seconds I thought you were talking about the King Korg 2 from the Namm 2024... !
Go to the Kronos 2 although the Nautilus AT is not that bad
Think softly

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again - getting close to hitting the GO button

My Korg shop account is still alive with all my Kronos1-related purchases - it seems that once I register the new Kronos I can authorise my purchases for it.
Had not realised that - thanks for the feedback.

Pete Very Happy
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brand new with warranty ? I would jump in my car right away to get it. Laughing
tonyyy55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Kronos 2 a year ago, and I don't regret it at all. I own several flagship synths, but nothing comes close to the Kronos yet.
average_male

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy it if it's reasonably priced and in top condition as selling it later on will not be an issue and you may even get more than what you paid for it, assuming you take good care of it. Also, you can add up to 3 devices for your Kronos purchased sound libraries. So in your case, you can add your sound library to two other devices. Good luck.
wocongming

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
I say jump on it before it goes away. Wink

About transferring third party libraries, I think you can now use your purchased licenses on up to three different Kronos machines IIRC. Spare parts are for sure disappearing or gone already, so before purchasing an used Kronos, make sure to test it thoroughly to ensure there is no obvious problem.

Personally, I play my K2 almost daily and it remains the best keyboard instrument I have ever had. Nothing compares to it and I hope it will continue to work flawlessly for another 20 years. Cool

NO IT IS NOT A GOOD DEAL. you can find used(in perfect condition KK2 88 key ones online for less $2500 to $2900
Xenophile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:

NO IT IS NOT A GOOD DEAL. you can find used(in perfect condition KK2 88 key ones online for less $2500 to $2900

Not with a full warranty. I would worry about the availability of parts, though, if you have a problem. I don't know how they would be able to honor the warranty if there are no parts available.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
you can find used(in perfect condition KK2 88 key ones online for less $2500 to $2900

Lots of people say their used stuff is in perfect condition but it's not. OTOH with a warranty you can always go back to the store to get free repairs, etc.
Xenophile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

The offer I have is equiv to US3,500 (is that good?)
This is brand new with full warranty - never owned but has been a display model.

That's about what I paid for my new K2-61 about 6 or 7 years ago. It was also an open-box demo unit. I did have some problems with it during the first 2 years that required warranty service:

On my 2nd gig the analog outputs just stopped putting out. When I brought it in for service, the tech found that several connectors were very loose.

Almost 2 years later, just before the extended warranty expired, I started having frequent "A problem has been detected" failures. Since it was still under warranty I didn't open it up for the standard "reseat all the connectors" maintenance, but instead brought it in for service under warranty. The shop kept it for a month before replacing both the motherboard and the power supply.

After that it behaved well for another year or two, but now every few months I have to open it up, re-seat the memory and all the other connections. I suspect it is the memory that keeps working itself loose. Those SO-DIMM modules and slots don't seem to be very good about getting packed up and taken for a ride in the car every week or so.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for all your comments and feedback.

If I go ahead, it will definitely be the new KK2-61. There are some used ones around (mostly 88's but I have to have a 61 - there is one but it's KK1 and well used).
The new KK2 has been offered to me for AUD5,229 (USD3,450) - it was mentioned above that this didn't seem a particularly good deal.....
I think have a buyer for my Fantom 8 (not fully negotiated yet) but I am having to think carefully as I cannot afford to own both!!

Anyhow, will see how I feel if/when I actually have "Fantom cash" offered...

Thanks guys
"confused Confused " Pete Very Happy
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
I think have a buyer for my Fantom 8 (not fully negotiated yet) but I am having to think carefully as I cannot afford to own both!!

Hi Pete,

It reminds me of my own story when I bought my beloved K2. I sold a large percentage of my stuff to get funds so to justify the purchase, including the old Ensoniq Mirage, Korg Wavestation A/D and Kurzweil PC2XL. I also made sure to sample their best sounds/programs, so I could reproduce them with the K2 once they are gone. And I don't miss any of those machines since they are still with me in the Kronos - that is just one of the great advantages about it. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: