Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where's the Accompaniament button?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:20 am    Post subject: Where's the Accompaniament button? Reply with quote

Hello,

As the PA1000 beginner and the former user of PA600 I look for an "Accompaniment" (ACCOMP.) button that was available in PA600. What to do in PA1000 to turn off/turn on the accompaniment while playing the song?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: Where's the Accompaniament button? Reply with quote

Jack01 wrote:
.. I look for an "Accompaniment" (ACCOMP.) button that was available in PA600. What to do in PA1000 to turn off/turn on the accompaniment while playing the song?

With Pa1000 to make the accompaniment sparser you turn off any of the accompaniment groups by using the Play/Mute buttons in the Main > Volume pane of display. For example, you may want to mute the ACCOMP group to play with the backing of the drums and bass alone.

If you only want to listen to Drums and Percussions it is easier to press the CHORD SCAN buttons with direct access on the control panel to turn their indicators off and to press them again to reactivate all the accompaniment sounds.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Jack01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Where's the Accompaniament button? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

If you only want to listen to Drums and Percussions it is easier to press the CHORD SCAN buttons with direct access on the control panel to turn their indicators off and to press them again to reactivate all the accompaniment sounds.

Thank you very much. Yes, this solution works exactly like in PA600. The pity is that the button is located on the right side and I prefer to use left hand for this - in PA600 the location was better (in my opinion of course). And it's not possible to assign this fuction to one of three "free" buttons above the joystick Sad
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: switchs number 3 Reply with quote

on my pa1000 I use the assignable switchs number 3 .

this way I could pick and choose what instruments I would like to mute or play
Jack01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: switchs number 3 Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
on my pa1000 I use the assignable switchs number 3 .

Interesting! Could you please write me what function did you assign to this button?
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject: switch. #3 Reply with quote

On my PA 1000. What I do? It's just. Press the Shift button. At the same time. Press. The. Assignment switch. #3 is the one I like to use. And then pick from the list. What function I want? I for myself. Mute. All instruments except. The drums. And the bass. Which works out best for me. This way. I have time. To shut off. The band. But keep the drummer and the bass player Working and I can then talk. Or make up a new song or whatever I feel like. And when I get in trouble. Or need help. I bring the rest of the band in. By pushing. Assignment switch. #3.

You must remember to. Turn on the lock. If you want to keep it. For all of your other songs. You need to experiment. What this setting? Which one works best for you? I hope it helps.
Smile
some of my downloads that I posted have this already set up. And the PA 4. Or the PA 1000. It would be the same. For any other. PA 700 PA 9 hundreds. Hope it helps.
Jack01

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: switch. #3 Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
On my PA 1000. What I do? It's just. Press the Shift button (.....) Hope it helps.

Yes, sure, many thanks for your detailed explanation. I'll do as you suggest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: