Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus Aftertouch Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KNF

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:21 pm    Post subject: Nautilus Aftertouch Setup Reply with quote

Hello,
I reviewed the information in the operators/user manual searching for Aftertouch. From what I can tell the Nautilus does not have a keyboard/key bed that has built in Aftertouch (my Nautilus is 1 year old so is before the AT version was released) but it supports sending and receiving per the MIDI Implementation section unless that info is incorrect. Seems strange that it can send Aftertouch without that in the key bed but it appears that it should respond to Aftertouch, I assume if the Program has certain things enabled.

> From the manual
The NAUTILUS does not respond correctly to incoming MIDI data
Are the GLOBAL > MIDI settings MIDI Filter Enable Program Change, Enable Bank Change, Enable Control Change, Enable AfterTouch, and Enable Exclusive each checked?
Does the NAUTILUS support the types of messages that are being sent to it? (Yes, I have enabled the check boxes)

*P, *A, *C, *E: Transmitted/received when GLOBAL>MIDI: MIDI Filter (Program Change, After Touch, Control Change, Exclusive) is Enable, respectively.
Make sure to enable After Touch in the GLOBAL>MIDI page (Yes, I have enabled)

Aftertouch
Polyphonic (Key)
Monophonic (Channel)
Transmitted and Recognized per the MIDI Implementation Chart
>

So if I am understanding this correctly, the Nautilus can receive Aftertouch and respond to it.
Has anyone been able to set this up with a violin or cello program in the Nautilus?
I assume that I have to use a Program that has AMS enabled but I'm not sure what other parameters need to be set up. I would like to get an exaggerated example so I can tell if Aftertouch is working or not.
I also have a MPK249 controller that does have an Aftertouch keyboard and would like to play the Nautilus with the MPK249. I have tried with Cubase 13 Pro, Studio One 6.5 and Gig Performer but it doesn't seem to be working that I can tell. Maybe I'm not routing correctly or not using a program in the Nautilus that will react to Aftertouch? Maybe I need to plug the MPK249 directly into the Nautilus?
Maybe someone has set up something like this before and can share the details?
Or point me to a video that demonstrates exactly how to get Aftertouch working so the Nautilus responds and I can hear it respond.
Thanks!
Patos1301

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Nautilus Aftertouch Setup Reply with quote

KNF wrote:
Hello,
I reviewed the information in the operators/user manual searching for Aftertouch. From what I can tell the Nautilus does not have a keyboard/key bed that has built in Aftertouch (my Nautilus is 1 year old so is before the AT version was released) but it supports sending and receiving per the MIDI Implementation section unless that info is incorrect. Seems strange that it can send Aftertouch without that in the key bed but it appears that it should respond to Aftertouch, I assume if the Program has certain things enabled.

> From the manual
The NAUTILUS does not respond correctly to incoming MIDI data
Are the GLOBAL > MIDI settings MIDI Filter Enable Program Change, Enable Bank Change, Enable Control Change, Enable AfterTouch, and Enable Exclusive each checked?
Does the NAUTILUS support the types of messages that are being sent to it? (Yes, I have enabled the check boxes)

*P, *A, *C, *E: Transmitted/received when GLOBAL>MIDI: MIDI Filter (Program Change, After Touch, Control Change, Exclusive) is Enable, respectively.
Make sure to enable After Touch in the GLOBAL>MIDI page (Yes, I have enabled)

Aftertouch
Polyphonic (Key)
Monophonic (Channel)
Transmitted and Recognized per the MIDI Implementation Chart
>

So if I am understanding this correctly, the Nautilus can receive Aftertouch and respond to it.
Has anyone been able to set this up with a violin or cello program in the Nautilus?
I assume that I have to use a Program that has AMS enabled but I'm not sure what other parameters need to be set up. I would like to get an exaggerated example so I can tell if Aftertouch is working or not.
I also have a MPK249 controller that does have an Aftertouch keyboard and would like to play the Nautilus with the MPK249. I have tried with Cubase 13 Pro, Studio One 6.5 and Gig Performer but it doesn't seem to be working that I can tell. Maybe I'm not routing correctly or not using a program in the Nautilus that will react to Aftertouch? Maybe I need to plug the MPK249 directly into the Nautilus?
Maybe someone has set up something like this before and can share the details?
Or point me to a video that demonstrates exactly how to get Aftertouch working so the Nautilus responds and I can hear it respond.
Thanks!

I am also having problems with Aftertouch into the Nautilus 61 with Studio Logic SL88 controller.
I made all settings as you mentioned above but to no avail.

Incidentally, the Korg M1 VST works fine and easily receives aftertouch from the SL88, but Nautilus is unable.

I hope someone can provide a solution to this matter.

Regards.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to select a program in which channel aftertouch is defined to modify something, otherwise you won't hear any AT effect. For example, even my poly AT MIDIboard can't make a basic Kronos grand piano program sound differently, unless I decide to assign pitch or some other parameter to poly AT (or in your case channel AT).
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the L123 Bright Pulse Lead.
After Touch should modulate the LFO 1 Pitch. Is almost same effect as JS+Y.
Most of the pre-set sounds are not selected to do something on After Touch.
KNF

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK and Dan,
Thank you for the bread crumbs. I was able to get after touch working on a couple programs. I copied L123 and C008 to empty slots and messed around for testing purposes only and set the AMS and Intensity and set up a MIDI Track in Cubase and could play the MPK249 to product the after touch. Just an exaggerated test to get things working so I could hear the affect. Part of it is getting used to the navigation in the Nautilus.
Now I need to figure out a musical purpose for some programs that I like. Once again. I really appreciate your replies. They gave me the kick start that I needed.
Thank you!
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome, glad to help ! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: