Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2024 any of you optimistic about a new Kronos Flagship?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:10 pm    Post subject: NAMM 2024 any of you optimistic about a new Kronos Flagship? Reply with quote

Or have you all given up hope at this point.

I've made peace that there will never be another but it's interesting to see what Korg will show up with. I hope it's something revolutionary and not just a new paint job on old gear think A Red Nautilus X or something.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be some years left yet of waiting. For instance, Korg discontinued OASYS in 2009 and Kronos came in 2011. Kronos was discontinued in 2022, but now we had a pandemic, wars, inflation, chip shortage etc.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an intriguing shot of Jordan Rudess, for the NAMM 2024 MIDI Association MIDI Showcase event, showing Jordan playing what looks like a Korg keyboard, but which might not be the Kronos as we know it. The control surface looks to be there, but the vector joystick bezel seems to protrude, and not be flush with the top of the keyboard surface, making it different from the existing Kronos 2, plus the vector joystick seems to have an additional button below it, which is not present on the existing Kronos 2. I know Jordan has at least one Kronos 2 with a custom paint job, blue if I recall, but this seems somehow different. Whatever the keyboard is, it's mounted on Jordan's bespoke "hydraulic" tilting keyboard stand. Maybe this is a new Kronos that supports MIDI2. There seems to be some sort of modulation device, at a guess, attached to Jordan's right hand. It would seem logical that a MIDI Showcase event would be there to demonstrate MIDI2's capabilities.

Anyway, go judge for yourselves:

https://youtu.be/3OxJlueYPDE?t=58

exsequor699

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There is an intriguing shot of Jordan Rudess, for the NAMM 2024 MIDI Association MIDI Showcase event, showing Jordan playing what looks like a Korg keyboard, but which might not be the Kronos as we know it. The control surface looks to be there, but the vector joystick bezel seems to protrude, and not be flush with the top of the keyboard surface, making it different from the existing Kronos 2, plus the vector joystick seems to have an additional button below it, which is not present on the existing Kronos 2. I know Jordan has at least one Kronos 2 with a custom paint job, blue if I recall, but this seems somehow different. Whatever the keyboard is, it's mounted on Jordan's bespoke "hydraulic" tilting keyboard stand. Maybe this is a new Kronos that supports MIDI2. There seems to be some sort of modulation device, at a guess, attached to Jordan's right hand. It would seem logical that a MIDI Showcase event would be there to demonstrate MIDI2's capabilities.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/media/2018/03/JordanRudesshero.jpg
blazerunner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There is an intriguing shot of Jordan Rudess, for the NAMM 2024 MIDI Association MIDI Showcase event, showing Jordan playing what looks like a Korg keyboard.

Looks like a regular Kronos. Seems like he put some Velcro strip tape on it or something. Probably to hold his gadgets and the like in place while he's performing. I only observe that because I do the same with my doodads... Very Happy
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:
There may be some years left yet of waiting. For instance, Korg discontinued OASYS in 2009 and Kronos came in 2011. Kronos was discontinued in 2022, but now we had a pandemic, wars, inflation, chip shortage etc.

Or, to put it another way, the OASYS came out in 2005 and was succeeded by the Kronos 6 years later in 2011. The Nautilus came out around 11 years after the Kronos. Extrapolating, that means we are due a new workstation in … 2041.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
average_male

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be nice if site Admin would roll all these duplicated posts into one:

"[this thread]"
"Kronos 3 expected Launch"
"Is there any hope?"
"[any many more threads I'm not aware of but I'm sure exist]"

We get it, we all want to see the next Korg flagship, speculation or popular opinion won't make this a reality. Guess we can dream, rant and vent our frustration, right? Rehashing the same topic over and over gets old, to me at least.
ITguy54

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: NAMM 2024 any of you optimistic about a new Kronos Flags Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
Or have you all given up hope at this point.

No, I’m not optimistic about a new Kronos.
Yes, Ive given up hope at this point.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still say we have probably not fully dived into what the Kronos can do, so why the rush?

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Kronos as my principle production workstation, because I work with computers and I have come to despise modern computers for various reasons. But I do routinely bump against limitations, bugs or frustrations on the Kronos.

I would estimate that I have spent over a thousand hours on the Kronos, and many hours reading the manuals. Yes, I am constantly finding new things to try and experiment with, but the limitations I know exist can't be overcome by experimentation and knowledge alone.

The other reason I am desperate for a new Kronos is, having invested thousands of hours learning and using it, I am worried that my investment will go to waste as the hardware becomes increasingly hard to support and maintain. Yes, the Nautilus exists, but it's really just a Kronos LE and I don't think it would bring me so much pleasure to use.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
blazerunner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

average_male wrote:

"[this thread]"
"Is there any hope?"

We get it, we all want to see the next Korg flagship, speculation or popular opinion won't make this a reality. Guess we can dream, rant and vent our frustration, right? Rehashing the same topic over and over gets old, to me at least.

Well my friend I'm sorry but I'm just not here often enough to be able to keep track of what the latest topics are. I think one of those threads you mentioned was even made close to a year ago. Either we've got way less activity on here or people really are anxious to see Korg do something new.

At this point I'm just glad to see folks keeping the spirit of the Kronos alive. Lot of gear I loved over the years people don't even mention anymore and discussions for it are completely dead (just look at the Triton Section... that's our future).

So... while were still alive and kicking why not have some fun? One day the Kronos section will be full of corpses too.

I Smile
HUBA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
I still say we have probably not fully dived into what the Kronos can do, so why the rush?

Because the thinking is that a new Kronos might have addressed some major issues with the UI, making it faster and less frustrating and painful to use?
HUBA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
The other reason I am desperate for a new Kronos is, having invested thousands of hours learning and using it, I am worried that my investment will go to waste as the hardware becomes increasingly hard to support and maintain.

A very good point. It takes commitment to invest the time needed to learn the ins and outs of something like the Kronos. For Korg then to abandon it for a lesser product doesn't make much sense considering how popular it is. If the Nautilus is really such a success for Korg then keep producing it along side the Kronos line and keep both camps as your customers.

Last edited by HUBA on Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
HUBA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
average_male wrote:

"[this thread]"
"Is there any hope?"

Well my friend I'm sorry but I'm just not here often enough to be able to keep track of what the latest topics are. I think one of those threads you mentioned was even made close to a year ago. Either we've got way less activity on here or people really are anxious to see Korg do something new.

At this point I'm just glad to see folks keeping the spirit of the Kronos alive. Lot of gear I loved over the years people don't even mention anymore and discussions for it are completely dead (just look at the Triton Section... that's our future).

So... while were still alive and kicking why not have some fun? One day the Kronos section will be full of corpses too.

I Smile

+1000

As long as it's made clear in the headline what the thread is about I really don't see any problem. Simply skip it if the topic doesn't interest you. Like with any other thread where that's the case. It's not like it's difficult to find the threads about other topics.
average_male

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:46 am    Post subject: "Grandstage X" ok, now... shhhhhhh... Reply with quote

OK folks, with the announcement of the Krog Grandstage X, seems we can now retire all the pipedreams and 'what-ifs' talking points? Or are we now going to see topics for NAMM 2025 hoping for a new Kronos 3? Who am I to kill people's dreams, have at it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: