Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAMM 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m impressed by how Korg have taken 3 products - the ModEave, OpSix and WaveState, and converted them into (checks notes) … 14 different products. It’s especially amazing given that the OpSix and WaveState are really based on the Kronos and OASYS, which was based on the WaveStation and Korg’s VPM synthesis.

So we have the OpSix, OpSix MK2, OpSix SE, OpSix Native, Wavestate, WaveState MK2, WaveState SE, WaveState Native, ModWave, ModWave MK2, ModWave Native, OpSix Module, Wavestate Module, ModWave Module.

Did I get that right?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've not seen any comments on the Grandstage X piano. I think it looks really cool and very futuristic !!

I thought the previous Grandstage was a superb instrument and was surprised it did not get the recognition it deserved. Here is a very good Youtube demo by Luke Edwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOUi4CcRUxo&t=1106s

Chris

p.s. It's not an issue for me as I have the same keybed on my Nautilus 88, but was a bit surprised that they used the RH3 action on the new Grandstage X.
shefu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see the point of keys like grandstage. You could just get a Nautilus 88, and have pretty much the same thing but with more features.
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandstage X has a more accessible front panel interface (it's got faders!) compared to a Nautilus and some arranger-ish accompaniment features. Seems overpriced though.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much hype on the forums.

Ooh, look: tumbleweed!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are also at least one new metronome..

I actually think that the modules make sense, since people already are cutting their opsixes and wavetstates in half.

I would really like to se a virtual miniloge XD. I can't carry all these synths along so the VST versions are great.
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my cynical side:

They figured out that they could sell more widgets to space-constrained people if the widgets are smaller.

From my less cynical side: it dawned on them that what people want are sonic options, but that adding a crummy keyboard isn't making them more desirable to people who already have a nice MIDI controller (whether pads, keys, wind or whatever).
Synthmaestro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
I’m impressed by how Korg have taken 3 products - the ModEave, OpSix and WaveState, and converted them into (checks notes) … 14 different products. It’s especially amazing given that the OpSix and WaveState are really based on the Kronos and OASYS, which was based on the WaveStation and Korg’s VPM synthesis.

So we have the OpSix, OpSix MK2, OpSix SE, OpSix Native, Wavestate, WaveState MK2, WaveState SE, WaveState Native, ModWave, ModWave MK2, ModWave Native, OpSix Module, Wavestate Module, ModWave Module.

Did I get that right?

Sounds about right, I think you can get them in VST forms also...
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:

Did I get that right?

I'm waiting for the Eurorack versions!
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed by a Volca Version!

KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wants a brand new PS-3300 ?

https://synthanatomy.com/2024/01/korg-ps-3300-fs-a-full-scale-reissue-of-the-ultra-rare-poly-analog-synthesizer.html?fbclid=IwAR1r87bttIVO6scDxSUfLTBUlWiVVJS3YsRik3i8bx-rJ1TGgrUj4w8y6SY
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:

https://synthanatomy.com/2024/01/korg-ps-3300-fs-a-full-scale-reissue-of-the-ultra-rare-poly-analog-synthesizer.html?fbclid=IwAR1r87bttIVO6scDxSUfLTBUlWiVVJS3YsRik3i8bx-rJ1TGgrUj4w8y6SY

I like that!

BlackForest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
KK wrote:

I like that!

@StephenKay, will you recode the Karma software for this PS-3300? Smile

Speaking about the Karma software - are people still buying it?
Ever thought of offering at a substantial discount / freeware it?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
BlackForest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,

I've not seen any comments on the Grandstage X piano. I think it looks really cool and very futuristic !!

I thought the previous Grandstage was a superb instrument and was surprised it did not get the recognition it deserved. Here is a very good Youtube demo by Luke Edwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOUi4CcRUxo&t=1106s

Chris

p.s. It's not an issue for me as I have the same keybed on my Nautilus 88, but was a bit surprised that they used the RH3 action on the new Grandstage X.

Since the Grandstage is based on the Kronos' sound engines, I wonder if it is built internally on the Kronos as well, meaning a PC with motherboard etc., probably more up to date like the Nautilus's internal hardware?

Because if they have transferred to a Raspery system like the wavestate, we might see an updated Kronos 3 then?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure the Kronos has been put to rest for good. It's cool to see all the products they are dropping, but a part of me wonders why they aren't putting more energy into solid updates to the Pa5x, and working on a high end flagship kronos replacement. I love my Nautilus, but I'd still be very keen on a true flagship workstation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: