Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black spots on the button
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaPale

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
DaPale wrote:
This forum is hosted by Korg USA I read in the upper banner. Where is Korg USA our host by the way to react om some posts here on this forum?

100% incorrect!!!!

Korg is not associated in any way with these forums - these forums are privately owned and managed.
Korg hosted the Forum site (from an IT perspective) - that is all - the Forums are private.
Korg is NOT our "HOST" (I wish!!!) - they purely allowed us to use computer resources for this site ("host" is an IT term).
In the past, Korg Italy had Forum membership here and posted helpful support answers and suggestions but those days are totally gone since the management changes.

Hope this is a bit clearer...

Very Happy
Smile

Thank you for the responds. It is clear to me
konio124

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent the korg back to thomann, I'll let you know how the repair/replacement went and if the problem returns after some time.
I would just like to add that initially the korg company refused to accept the complaint, claiming that it was just a cosmetic problem which was not covered by the warranty. However, after a few emails they changed their mind and took over the complaint.
DaPale

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konio124 wrote:
I've sent the korg back to thomann, I'll let you know how the repair/replacement went and if the problem returns after some time.
I would just like to add that initially the korg company refused to accept the complaint, claiming that it was just a cosmetic problem which was not covered by the warranty. However, after a few emails they changed their mind and took over the complaint.

I'm curious how this will turn out after the repair. Thank you for keeping us informed. Strange that Korg reacts this way. I have spoken to the importer and repair center as you may have read above, and they indicate that Korg Italy is aware of the problem and is investigating it.
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke to Korg USA yesterday about this issue and they have informed me that they are aware of the problem, now have parts available in the US, and that authorized service centers can do the fix. One of mine is currently being fixed under warranty and I will send a second one in for service once I get the first one back.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:
I spoke to Korg USA yesterday about this issue and they have informed me that they are aware of the problem, now have parts available in the US, and that authorized service centers can do the fix. One of mine is currently being fixed under warranty and I will send a second one in for service once I get the first one back.

I have also been told somthing similar by my Korg dealer who has been informed by Korg UK that a pending resolution should be available by the end of March.

This issue for me has progressively deteriorated over time, so... hopefully Korg has satisfactorily resolved this issue which looks like this may very well be a large warranty claim for Korg as PA5X owners globally now look to fix this single quality issue.
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
My Dealer and Korg U.K. are aware of my situation with the LED's and I am currently awaiting the problem to be resolved.

Just to make an important point here, as far as I can see this is a quality control issue that lies with Korg. I would be astonished if Korg are using the same LED's on the current batches of the PA5X that are Manufactured.
I am very happy with the way my Dealer has dealt with this issue and would be happy to use them again.
Chris
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took my pa5x in to a authorized service center.
All the guy told me was

"im gonna email korg and get back to you"
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
I just took my pa5x in to a authorized service center.
All the guy told me was

"im gonna email korg and get back to you"

Well in this case KORG is kind, and Helps all out, They changed my friends for free, it took 9 days only Smile

So do not ignore this, FIX IT

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After taking my 5x to the authorized service center they called after a week and said the following

"we did not fix your keyboard, parts are back ordered feel free to pick up your keyboard and will call you when parts come in"

Confused
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
After taking my 5x to the authorized service center they called after a week and said the following

"we did not fix your keyboard, parts are back ordered feel free to pick up your keyboard and will call you when parts come in"Confused

Which country are you in? I need to take another board in for this issue and don't want to do it when there aren't parts in stock.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:

"we did not fix your keyboard, parts are back ordered feel free to pick up your keyboard and will call you when parts come in"

Confused

The same here, too.
konio124

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg returned from the service, all buttons were replaced. I hope the problem won't come back. I waited over 3 weeks for the repair to be completed.

https://youtu.be/Rono5Yl-p9o
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice protective sticker!! Where can I find one??
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think this is going to be a large project for Korg. At least they now acknowledge the issue and are ordering the new LED's. The Engineers will be very busy in the coming months. Korg U.K. have said they will send an engineer to my home to replace the faulty LED's and I am currently awaiting a call from Head Office at Milton Keynes. I'm quite happy to wait until they are ready.
Chris
DaPale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still not acknowledged. Yes, that there is a problem with the leds but not the cause of the problem. So any repair can be destroyed after a few months. Hoping of not of course
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: