Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black spots on the button
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
konio124

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Black spots on the button Reply with quote

The korg pa5x is getting black spots on the button illumination. The problem affects all versions of the Korg Pa5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC153DTdE8c

[/img]
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have the same issue with approximately a dozen buttons on my PA5X 61. Has anybody contacted korg for their comments on this matter ?

I assume It should be corrected under warranty.
Chris
JagiChan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks mostly like a molding issue in the buttons; or deformation of the plastic due to the heat generated by the LED.
Yamko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Same problem here, and it is not due to the heat of the LEDs.
By the way, the temperature of these LEDs is very low and they are mounted lower on the PCB.
There are LEDs that are constantly on that don't have it!!
I have been in contact with a Korg demonstrator in Belgium, and he was aware of it,
and he hopes that Korg will do something about it, with the emphasis on HOPE!!!!!
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quite my self here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=824722&highlight=#824722 from a previous thread on this issue

Dmkeys wrote:
This is definitely a hardware issue. I would like to see Korg acknowledge it and commit to fixing it.

lt actually looks to me like it's a defect in some sort of film/plastic in between the LED and the button top, rather than with the LED itself. Hoping Korg addresses this soon.

Me (D575):
Yes, I think you are right, I examined closer with a HQ Jeweller's loop (30x36) and I can see tiny scuff marks on the inside surface which has matt finish, magnified this looks like a soft graphite pencil marks
mstodola

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing the same thing.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, but almost 10 months back I tried to make all eyes on this!

NOT many did care!
Now from nowhere it’s popping up and everyone is wondering what to do who to blame or contact.

As long you do not say anything, NO ONE, will do nothing about this.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
Sorry guys, but almost 10 months back I tried to make all eyes on this!

NOT many did care!
Now from nowhere it’s popping up and everyone is wondering what to do who to blame or contact.

As long you do not say anything, NO ONE, will do nothing about this.

Personally, mine don't bother me, and you have to look hard to see them, so they are at the back of my priority list for PA5X for now...

Q. Asena...
Did you follow through with a warranty claim and fix yours?

Depending on the answer, what conclusions have you to offer the readers ??
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think I’m allowed to tell you 🤪

But. Mine is changed to a totally new one.
And they have fixed it on newer 5x.
But I think it’s unfair,
Take your kb to your dealer, in future this will have an effect.
It’s best, you would do it with anything else, why not Your kb.
Change it, if you can

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
I don’t think I’m allowed to tell you 🤪

Really...

I wonder why?..................
Dmkeys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be helpful for people to share *where* they are, as different distributors may have awareness of the situation or not...

I am on my 3rd PA5X. The first one developed this issue and then the top key broke when I flew with it and TSA opened the case for inspection and did not properly replace it. When I tried to get the key fixed, the tech told me there were no parts available in the US. I talked to korg USA and they confirmed that they did not have spare parts and I raised the LED issue as well, which they didn't appear to know about. They advised that I need to bring it to an authorized service center.

So, I bought a 2nd PA5X and sent this one to the tech. Once I was giving it in, I asked for the LED's to be fixed as well. A while later, I got a call from the tech that Korg wanted the board shipped back to them. About three months later, Korg sent the tech a new replacement board.

In the meantime, the second board I'd bought developed the same issue and so I brought that to the tech when I got the replacement. That board too was then sent back to Korg. I am waiting to hear how they intend to resolve that.

In the meantime, the new replacement board that Korg sent me is beginning to show the same issue on two of the LED's, but it took longer for it to show up and it's only (so far) two buttons, and not the ones I use most either.

As quoted from that earlier thread above, I believe that this is a physical issue; that there is a film in between the LED and the button that is coming loose. I hope that Korg solves this issue and that they repair/replace the buttons for everyone upset with an unsightly defect on a super expensive keyboard.
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:
I think it would be helpful for people to share *where* they are, as different distributors may have awareness of the situation or not...

I am on my 3rd PA5X. The first one developed this issue and then the top key broke when I flew with it and TSA opened the case for inspection and did not properly replace it. When I tried to get the key fixed, the tech told me there were no parts available in the US. I talked to korg USA and they confirmed that they did not have spare parts and I raised the LED issue as well, which they didn't appear to know about. They advised that I need to bring it to an authorized service center.

So, I bought a 2nd PA5X and sent this one to the tech. Once I was giving it in, I asked for the LED's to be fixed as well. A while later, I got a call from the tech that Korg wanted the board shipped back to them. About three months later, Korg sent the tech a new replacement board.

In the meantime, the second board I'd bought developed the same issue and so I brought that to the tech when I got the replacement. That board too was then sent back to Korg. I am waiting to hear how they intend to resolve that.

In the meantime, the new replacement board that Korg sent me is beginning to show the same issue on two of the LED's, but it took longer for it to show up and it's only (so far) two buttons, and not the ones I use most either.

As quoted from that earlier thread above, I believe that this is a physical issue; that there is a film in between the LED and the button that is coming loose. I hope that Korg solves this issue and that they repair/replace the buttons for everyone upset with an unsightly defect on a super expensive keyboard.

Noted. Thank you for this updated information, I propose to take detailed photos of the control panel to track and compare any further progression of this problem...

Also, PA5X owners are absolutely correct to be upset with an unsightly defect on a super expensive keyboard...
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dmkeys wrote:
...then the top key broke when I flew with it and TSA opened the case for inspection and did not properly replace it....

I had 2 times bad experiences with TSA when flying to New York. They badly opened/closed my Pa4X's display and I paid from my pocket for the reparations.
I am wondering if they don't have any kind of scanner for inspection instead of opening the keyboards.
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE PA5X overall has been a disaster. Has it been a year since release?
SpOoNmAn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been 1.5 yrs, June or July of '22 if I'm not mistaken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: