Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a useable Warm Analog Pad for the Wavestate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francis27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Looking for a useable Warm Analog Pad for the Wavestate Reply with quote

I love my Wavestate for fiddling around doing ambient Jams at home with headphones on - but I also play Bass and Keys in a Band. Currently I use a Korg Micro-X - I do intros to two or three songs with an Analog Pad sound - It's called 'Padtropolis' on the Micro-X and the X-50. It's called 'Analog' on my Yamaha YC61, it's a soft bass sine based sound.

I would love to have a patch on the Wavestate like that. I've bought a bunch of Preset Packs - Waveformer Ect, and I've gone through the Youtube videos of Mark Sound Patches and others. I don't need any motion, no bleeps and bloops - just a big soft warm pad. Anyone know where I can find something like this? I searched for years looking for one for the Nord Electro, came close but finally gave up and replaced it with a Yamaha YC61 for this reason.

I'm sure it would be easy to create - but I'm not there yet.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth trying the second Factory Performance, "10 Pads on Sample Knob". Select it, press the Performance button, and then turn the Sample knob as you play, to see if there's one that suits. The tenth pad (Sample knob fully clockwise) might be close to what you're after.

Francis27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you voip! - that worked perfectly. In fact not only is it a rich warm pad eliminating the need for my X50 or MicroX, but there are some Mellotron sounding things on that patch that I've also been wanting. The WS is now a permanent part of my live rig!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: