Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate Mk1 Value Knob Control Erratic Issue -

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject: Wavestate Mk1 Value Knob Control Erratic Issue - Reply with quote

I have an issue with my Wavestate's Value Knob for accessing performances and tempo.

When I try to change temp using value knob tempo goes up and down but not where you want it to go, it's erratic. While accessing performances menu it also seems erratic and keeps going back to the end performance when you are trying to go up the menu list.

These are the only things I have noticed so far as I don't play it much. I'd love am SE version if only for better quality but have to make do with the original version for now and try and fix this issue.

Tempo tap works OK but I need to control with knob.

Not sure if a factory reset would help? Anyone else had same problem?

Any help appreciated.

Also if anyone answering has the SE version, have they really noticed much difference?
SleepIsWrong

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a WAG but sounds like the encoder needs to be replaced. If it's still under warranty I'd contact Korg to see if it can be fixed.
Space Girl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I thought as much. Not under warranty anymore. Now I totally messed up by trying to install the update and lost use of the librarian. Really hoping Korg will reply and help.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing you can try to get the knobs working properly again is using an electrical contact cleaner such as "Deoxit D5."

Power down your Wavestate. Gently pull off the knob cap(s), spray a small amount the cleaner into the tiny gap where the shaft of the encoder sticks up. Wipe up any excess cleaner off of the panel if necessary, put the cap back on the shaft and then spin the encoder around for a minute or so to work the cleaner into the encoder's internal connections. Let this dry for a short time -- maybe 5 minutes; it will evaporate pretty quickly, although some might recommend letting this dry for at least 30 minutes. Then power up your keyboard and see if that helped the knob's performance.

I have a dodgy, "jumpy" Value encoder on my Modwave that behaves as your knobs do and I use Deoxit D5 as above to fix it, but honestly it's really a temporary fix only. It lasts about three months for me before I have to clean the encoder again. The best fix would be to have the synth serviced to replace the bad encoders as Sleep mentioned above.

I hope this helps.
D34d634T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar issue on every Performance/Mod knob. They tend to stick around zero and then jump to +/- 100. The knobs themselves move smoothly and do not stick at all but the info seems jittery. Really annoying on certain performances.
thark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardSync wrote:
One thing you can try to get the knobs working properly again is using an electrical contact cleaner such as "Deoxit D5."

Not sure if the decoder needs lubricant or not. If so, I’d use Deoxit F5 instead.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thark wrote:
Not sure if the decoder needs lubricant or not. If so, I’d use Deoxit F5 instead.

I don't know either. D5 has some amount of lubricant in it but it's probably less than F5 -- I'd be interested to know if F5 is truly a better choice for encoders. Anyway, I could be mistaken, but I think it was Korg Support that recommended to another user to use Deoxit D5 for the encoder.
Space Girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou so much for the replies. It gives me some hope that I might not have to send for repair after all. I will try this and see if it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: