Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording styles in this keyboard is really annoying

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:14 am    Post subject: Recording styles in this keyboard is really annoying Reply with quote

Hello

So if you're using Cubase to record styles it's a bit easier.

However there are times where you're not connected to a computer and all you have is the Pa5x. If style record mode there is no way to delete a single note without digging deep into event edit and finding the exact note that you want deleted. Imagine if you have a complex style that's just full of notes you would have to sit there waste time scrolling up and down trying to find that sningle note that you're trying to delete.
In the i30, pa80,pa1x,pa2x,pa800,pa3x pa4x there was a DELETE button that you can hold then simply hit the note that you wanted to delete.
That was also a way to try notes and patterns you could hold the DELETE button and hit different notes to try certain things as the style is recording.

It's just not practical to not to have that DELETE BUTTON in style edit. Also where is the UNDO function?

Where the delete button use to be they have a lame option that deleted the entire track!

This is just unacceptable A keyboard that's over a year old that's missing editing and creation tools that many user need.

I am still using the pa4x on stage, have not used the 5x yet waiting for KORG to make this keyboard usable for everyone not only for people who use factory sounds and styles.
tavro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all the above.

Also (unlike Pa4x etc) there's no way to do a quick record (ie live performance to 16 track midi)

Tavro
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s all been said before . The dead horse is now a pile of rotting meat . Time to stop kicking it and simply bury it now .
Nemydom

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tavro wrote:

Also (unlike Pa4x etc) there's no way to do a quick record (ie live performance to 16 track midi)

Tavro

I am pretty sure all these will be available in the nearest firmware updates. I know it's ridiculous they released it without a quick record feature, but it actually assures me that they are working on a 'next-generation quick record', where you probably could change chords, style/instrument parts, etc., all on the fly, without having to re-record the whole thing.

Imagine you recorded a style, say "bossa nova", and then decided that you didn't like what the bass guitar was playing. You could just swap the whole bass part as if you were using another style! And you also have the option to keep the same instrument and FX, or get them from the other style!

I bet it will be something like that!

Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemydom wrote:
tavro wrote:

Tavro

I am pretty sure all these will be available in the nearest firmware updates. I know it's ridiculous they released it without a quick record feature, but it actually assures me that they are working on a 'next-generation quick record', where you probably could change chords, style/instrument parts, etc., all on the fly, without having to re-record the whole thing.

Imagine you recorded a style, say "bossa nova", and then decided that you didn't like what the bass guitar was playing. You could just swap the whole bass part as if you were using another style! And you also have the option to keep the same instrument and FX, or get them from the other style!

I bet it will be something like that!

What are you basing your information on?
We all wish for these things. It's been a year and a half almost since release, for many ADVANCED USERS that need DEEP style creations functions the keyboard is absolute trash.
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Recording styles in this keyboard is really annoying Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
Hello

However there are times where you're not connected to a computer and all you have is the Pa5x. If style record mode there is no way to delete a single note without digging deep into event edit and finding the exact note that you want deleted. Imagine if you have a complex style that's just full of notes you would have to sit there waste time scrolling up and down trying to find that sningle note that you're trying to delete.
In the i30, pa80,pa1x,pa2x,pa800,pa3x pa4x there was a DELETE button that you can hold then simply hit the note that you wanted to delete.
That was also a way to try notes and patterns you could hold the DELETE button and hit different notes to try certain things as the style is recording.

It's just not practical to not to have that DELETE BUTTON in style edit. Also where is the UNDO function?

Where the delete button use to be they have a lame option that deleted the entire track!

This is just unacceptable A keyboard that's over a year old that's missing editing and creation tools that many user need.

I am still using the pa4x on stage, have not used the 5x yet waiting for KORG to make this keyboard usable for everyone not only for people who use factory sounds and styles.

Use a DAW if you want to do serious style creation.
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Recording styles in this keyboard is really annoying Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
Hello

Use a DAW if you want to do serious style creation.

I agree with you, however there are situations where DAW is not ideal, such as practice with a band, or travel where you need to make changes or create a style before an event.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the impression that some of you overreact with your facilities you had used on older PaSeries.

The fact that a Delete button method is missing at present time in Style editor on a newly created OS is not
the end of world , you can delete the track via a single tab or delete midi events , or define note or area to delete
with other existing tools that most of you have not explored their potentials based on your knowledge on Pa4X.

I also correct or create Styles on the fly in the same speed as in Pa4X but with just different workflow.

I believe that you must focus protesting on essential flaws like custom stereo samples serious bugs of huge
downgraded polyphony in KBD SETs and the loosing right audio channel bug in increased polyphony of OSCs
or also loosing right audio sample completely if a custom stereo sample is used in useful single triggered mode .
Invisible flaws for most of you , that definitely affect arranger's polyphony and some power user begin to notice
that should not happen in 160 notes stereo polyphony , 2,5 times greater that Pa4X.

Not to mention Critical CC# converting errors of Styles AMS , Chord recognition flaws or DK melodic sounds that ±Tabs
do not respond , those are critical issues for your performance and not a missing Undo button ...

Just my thoughts loudly

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Nemydom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:

What are you basing your information on?

I'm basing this on common sense! Wink
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
I have the impression that some of you overreact with your facilities you had used on older PaSeries.

The fact that a Delete button method is missing at present time in Style editor on a newly created OS is not
the end of world , you can delete the track via a single tab or delete midi events , or define note or area to delete
with other existing tools that most of you have not explored their potentials based on your knowledge on Pa4X.

I also correct or create Styles on the fly in the same speed as in Pa4X but with just different workflow.

I believe that you must focus protesting on essential flaws like custom stereo samples serious bugs of huge
downgraded polyphony in KBD SETs and the loosing right audio channel bug in increased polyphony of OSCs
or also loosing right audio sample completely if a custom stereo sample is used in useful single triggered mode .
Invisible flaws for most of you , that definitely affect arranger's polyphony and some power user begin to notice
that should not happen in 160 notes stereo polyphony , 2,5 times greater that Pa4X.

Not to mention Critical CC# converting errors of Styles AMS , Chord recognition flaws or DK melodic sounds that ±Tabs
do not respond , those are critical issues for your performance and not a missing Undo button ...

Just my thoughts loudly

Please educate us,

In 4x you can hold the delete button as the style is recording and try different patterns. How can you do this in 5X?

Aside from going into event edit and scrolling endlessly up and down trying to find a single note that you want to delete or going into style edit and scrolling through notes trying to find the notes you want to delete how can you delete a single note in 5x?

Both methods are simply not practical or user friendly when you're creating music and patterns you're in a certain groove or mood the keyboard is supposed to assist you in creating music not stopping you or making it technical. If it's a new OS that's on KORG not the USER they released a Keyboard that was a disaster at release with crashes, bugs and freezing. Any other OS that's called BETA PHASE.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: