Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Original minilogue (not XD) audio output in mono or stereo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Frankenkeim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:12 am    Post subject: Original minilogue (not XD) audio output in mono or stereo? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I am trying to connect my minilogue (NOT an XD) to an Arturia minifuse 2 audio interface. Using the audio output of the minilogue I only get sound on one channel (either left or right depending on which audio input I plug into in the Arturia).

Is the audio output of the minilogue a stereo output? I thought it was mono. I did try different cables. Trying to figure out if this is an audio interface issue or if the minilogue does provide a stereo signal (I thought Korg introduced that only with the XD). Thanks guys!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audio output of the Minilogue (non XD) is mono. If you want to send audio to both inputs on the Arturia minifuse, then a stereo splitter lead, with a stereo jack plug leading to two mono jack plugs, with the stereo jack plugged into the Minilogue's Headphone Out, should do the trick. It will still be mono, though.

Dr. Frankenkeim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much! So even though the audio output of the synth is mono and the audio input of the audio interface is mono, I can only hear audio signal on one side of my headphones, if I monitor with headphones (vs both sides of the headset but in mono)?

If I want to monitor with headphones does that mean that both line-in inputs of the interface will be taken with the splitter cable and going from there to the audio and headphones output of the minilogue?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the need is to monitor the Minilogue's audio with headphones, and send signals to both inputs on the Arturia minifuse, at the same time, then an adapter, comprising a mono jack plugged into the Minilogue's Output jack, and wired to two further mono jacks plugged into the minifuse, might be the way to go. Don't forget on the Arturia minifuse's user inteface, to pan the signals from one input to the left, and one input to the right.

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/6-35mm-AUDIO-SIGNAL-SPLITTER-GUITAR/dp/B01F3O6MYA

Dr. Frankenkeim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great - thank you. This is helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: