Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate SE Platinum completely crashed (Website Software?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundadventures

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:59 pm    Post subject: Wavestate SE Platinum completely crashed (Website Software?) Reply with quote

Hi

We have a brand new Korg Wavestate SE Platinum which only hours after we put it in service completely crashed. We had a Wavestate MKI before so we are familiar with the Software updates and Sample Editor as well as the Library Software.

We wanted to get the Wavestate Software/Firmware from the Korg Website to get the Wavestate SE back running but realized that for the Korg Wavestate SE (Platinum is the same just in silver) there is no Software/Firmware available for download. Only for the MKII you find the 2.1.0 Firmware download.

We realized that the Wavestate SE comes with a 3.0.9 Software so it looks like the newer SE Wavestates have a different (or newer?) Software compared to the MKII? We also have the suspicion that the Raspberry PI inside the Wavestate SE is a different one compared to the MKII since they seem to use different Software Versions?

Anyway what happened is that we loaded a sample pack with the editor into the wavestate and after that was done the Wavestate SE crashed and is not working (kind of not working) any more. It is still starting up but in the loading progress of loading the soundbank it suddenly stops and on the Display you only see the word "Layer A" and the Wavestate is frozen an not reacting to any touch of any button. The only way out is to power it off. Any attempts to connect via Sample Editor or Librarian get us the message "Wavestate not connected" (while in the upper display it shwos the Wavestate connected). Any attempts to connect or Bootload (with the 2.1.0 Firmware and bootloader) fail.

Thats why we think the 2.1.0 is not the right Version for the SE. We think the newer SE is not allowing a connection with the 2.1.0.

Anyway we are kind of lost here and the unit seems to be fine, we even could get into the test mode and check all parameters which all work fine still we cant get back into the Wavestate any more.

Is there any way to get the Wavestate SE Firmware 3.0.9 with the boot loader or is there a way of deleting/emptying the wave files (samples) recently loaded since we think its crashing since in the Sample Editor we can see the 50MB memory is 49,7MB full and we guess thats why the wavestate always crashes on sound library startup.

Its kind of weird that you can crash/brick an Wavestate SE so easily with just loading Wave Sample Packs into the SE via Sample Editor.

We tried to talk with Korg Switzerland as well as Korg Germany but they told us they don't have any SE nor do they know anything about the 3.0.9 software or if the SE Versions have a different firmware so know we try this forum here hoping to reach somebody from Korg USA or JP or somebody with enough knowledge and experience to help us get our SE back and running.

Help is much appreciated[/img]
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much help to you unfortunately but I got my SE-P around month ago and noticed it has the 3.0.9 firmware. The SE uses a RPi Compute Module 4 which I would have thought the MKii was also running. Previous versions ran a Compute Module 3.

I would be surprised if there wasn't a hard reset available. I've yet to load additional soundbanks into my SE (have been trying quite a few in the plugin) so I'll definitely take what you're saying as a caution. Good luck with your recovery.
Soundadventures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved!

A big thank you to Dan Phillips and his Korg R&D Team who helped us very kindly to get our Wavestate SE back to working order. Always a joy when you have kind, carrying and helpful people around who are experts in their field.

Merry Christmas everyone and a happy Xmas Hollydays!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And how was the problem solved, out of interest???

Soundadventures

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The user sample bank was overloaded.
After deleting the User Samples the unit was back in working order.
SoundWerx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a problem that shouldn't be allowed to happen. I hope KORG addresses this problem in a firmware update. It is not a small issue to render an instrument inoperable!

If you're allowed to disclose the recovery procedure this would be very helpful until the problem is addressed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: