Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe today I will say goodbye to KORG.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Maybe today I will say goodbye to KORG. Reply with quote

Today at 17h (EU) yamaha will instroduce Genos 2. I like KORG of course, but I am disappointed with pa5x OS and I was waiting more from KORG new features of new technology, but with many problems more than 18 months.

Anyway, its ok, new OS, some new sounds, more fx, etc, I am disappointed with KORG TEAM, becuase they dont care anymore for us, it looks like one (lazy) person is working to fix OS and solving problems, after 18 months there is not any stable version.

Actually, 1.2 is 0.9 beta version for me. Its still in test mode, and we are testing and reporting bugs to KORG by buying the keyboard for 4300€ and losing a lot of money by reducing gigs.

Today, Yamaha is introducing Genos 2, if 10% I like it more than pa5x, I will buy Genos 2 and say bye to Korg.

I hope Korg will surpise us today Smile last chance
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!

Last edited by Bescki on Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg won't for you. It's just a business
pax-eterna.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what would help is if Korg outlined WHAT they were working on for the OS release. Not necessarily a release date, just what will be in it,
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna.1 wrote:
I think what would help is if Korg outlined WHAT they were working on for the OS release. Not necessarily a release date, just what will be in it,

No information from KORG, not at all.... like they are ignoring us. It would be good to have one person from KORG here as a member of forum.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
jozepepa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing the Genos 2 Demos, do you still want to leave the Pa5x? Laughing

not sure...
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to chime in here...

I will repeat my sentiments from a previous thread...

"Genos2 looks to be a very nice keyboard...

Did Genos2 make me want to jump out the back of a Hercules airplane to get to it like the new Montage M8x did? No, not really...

My thoughts...... Korg can breathe a little now, but no resting on one's laurels as their is much work to be done (or has almost been done as December approaches) as a window of opportunity is clearly still open for Korg when I consider Genos2...

I hope Korg don't waste it.

P.s. Will I still try one......of course I will, but I don't need to jump out the back of a Hercules to do so now".
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genos will have something like NEXT, that’s what I heard from a very YAMAHA guy that knows people behind it!
Also the new montage will have something huge next summer.

About G2, I like it, it’s not bad, what we need is more open system
As korg, and that’s where all just ends.
In korg we are free, in Yamaha we can’t touch it!

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

Also the new montage will have something huge next summer.

If true? Seems logical these days, then (((( Fantastic )))) Yamaha has a great product with the Montage M series (specifically M8x in my case)
Danster72

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jozepepa wrote:
After seeing the Genos 2 Demos, do you still want to leave the Pa5x? Laughing

not sure...

Fully agree. I was not impressed at all. I think people would be making a big mistake. I also have a Genos1, I was contemplating upgrading that but it's going nowhere now.
Gunnar J

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Today, I say goodbye to KORG. Reply with quote

Bescki wrote:

Today, Yamaha is introducing Genos 2, if 10% I like it more than pa5x, I will buy Genos 2 and say bye to Korg.

I hope Korg will surpise us today Smile last chance

Topic: 'Today, I say goodbye to KORG.'

Today I pulled the plunge and ordered Pa5X-76. Very Happy
Not because I think G2 is a bad arranger in any way, it's probaly great and the best arranger Yamaha has created till now, also soundwise.
But, my G1 serves me well, and I think the combination G1 & Pa5x will give me new challenges and more value for the money for now.
Later sometime, the G1 may be swapped for a G2 (or G3) ... if i'm still up on the earths surface by then. Cool
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)
Bescki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am disappointed with pa5x, but there is a hope for updates. But Genos 2 is totally worthless.
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
the_boss81

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's prove that Korg made the Pa5 almost from the ground up.... Judging only on the basis of a few missing features.... (OK, maybe I would speak differently if I needed them). But you see what Yamaha did - a soft update could make a G1 into a G2. And I don't think a soft updade could do with a Pa4 a Pa5 Wink Wink Wink
Jimster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not impressed much with the new genos 2 after 5 years in the making I have the genos 1 and the korg pa5x quit happy although I really wish korg would sort out the bugs one problem with the korg is one of the midifiles I have the problem is the left hand voice disables when you play the midifile however when you stop the midifile the left hand voice comes back on has any one else encountered this problem
tavro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:14 am    Post subject: PA4 > PA5 user Reply with quote

Dear all,

After a 20 very happy years with Pa1 - Pa4x - easy to use, never any problems - I decided to buy a Pa5X.

Disappointed is too small a word !

I can see what they've tried to do, and in some cases there are improvements. However, there is none of the musicality that blessed the Pa1x pro > Pa4x *.

Nothing has been learned from the previous models, or other manufacturers. Absolutely nothing of compositional value has been added. (eg where are the humanized drums, arpeggiators, swing/deviated gate tempos, instant recording of rh riffs etc). And despite the annoying data change, the styles are the same. And some badly tweeked. The interface has a few small improvements and many annoyances (eg 'hidden options' that can't now be used live, eg the 'keyboard set following the variation' that is a front panel option on Pa4x)

And as for the much touted dual style/song players. Impressive engineering, but I haven't found a musical use for that yet. Nor for the guitar input (it's a keyboard - so wtf?)

So for me, the learning curve has yielded nothing of value, many small and some major time-wasting irritations. (eg a set of manuals that can't be downloaded without a password GRRR! ) And yes it crashes twice a day, and often comes up with blank screens (eg when selecting a new sound).

Anyone wanting an arranger keyboard, buy any of Korg's previous models on ebay, not this turkey.

Tavro

*PS I understand Korg's earlier models were developed in Italy. Currently, a valiant arranger keyboard competitor is Ketron and the Event. Based in Italy. Coincidence? Worth exploring? Probably! However, you have more chance of finding pink unicorn s**t, than a dealer that keeps both in stock.
JagiChan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: PA4 > PA5 user Reply with quote

tavro wrote:
Dear all,

After a 20 very happy years with Pa1 - Pa4x - easy to use, never any problems - I decided to buy a Pa5X.

Disappointed is too small a word !

I can see what they've tried to do, and in some cases there are improvements. However, there is none of the musicality that blessed the Pa1x pro > Pa4x *.
Anyone wanting an arranger keyboard, buy any of Korg's previous models on ebay, not this turkey.

Tavro

*PS I understand Korg's earlier models were developed in Italy. Currently, a valiant arranger keyboard competitor is Ketron and the Event. Based in Italy. Coincidence? Worth exploring? Probably! However, you have more chance of finding pink unicorn s**t, than a dealer that keeps both in stock.

Now you have left all of us confused. In the beginning, you say, I'm happy buying the Korg PA5X and then you rant about all the problems; and finally, you conclude with advice to buy a used Korg previous model.

I really did not understand the point you were trying to make here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: