Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nautilus - saving a song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buzz314

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:36 pm    Post subject: Nautilus - saving a song Reply with quote

Hello - I am not familiar at all with how the Nautilus saves a song.I created a simple 3 track piece with the sequencer. I gave it a name and can recall it and play it back on the sequencer. I would like to save the complete song to a USB drive in a format that can be played back by a PC/tablet/smartphone. I can't make heads or tails on how to do this from the parameter guide or operation guide. I have zero experience in music production - hence the very basic question. It can't be as hard as it seems (I hope). Thanks in advance
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Sequencer mode, with the Song loaded and ready to play, tap on the Sampling tab. All the settings are there. Make sure the Source Bus is set to "L/R", Trigger is set to "Sequencer START Button", and Save is set to "Disk". Sample Mode should be set to "Stereo", and make sure the Sample Time parameter is set sufficiently long to accommodate the entire song.

Now tap the Sampling button, to put the Nautilus into Sampling standby mode. Press the Sequencer Start/Stop button, and the recording of the Song as an audio file should start. If the song finishes, and the Sampler is still running, allow sufficient time for any sounds to decay, then tap the button to the right of the Sampler button to stop the recording.

Now go to Media mode. By default, the WAV file created will be saved to the top level directory, and called something like TAKEN000.WAV. If you select this file, and tap the Play button, it should be possible to hear the recording just made. Copy the file to a USB memory stick.

Buzz314

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! for the quick response. I was able to create the .wav file and save to internal hard drive. When I tried saving the .wav to USB I didn't see an option from pull down menu to save .wav files. So I did a save all (to USB). However there was no .wav file on the USB drive. I got a ton of other files but no .wav file. What am I missing??
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Media mode, Utility tab. Choose the HDD drive and select the .WAV file(s) to be copied. Tap Copy from the top right dropdown menu. In the screen that appears, select the USB drive, and choose the destination folder, if necessary. The Paste button at the bottom of the screen will put the copy of the file on the USB drive.

Performing a Save All, from the Media mode Save tab, is a useful, I would even say vital action to perform periodically, since it makes a backup of all of the Programs, Combis, and Global settings, Songs, plus User samples and multisamples, and other files relating to samples. The Save All backup could save a lot of time getting the Nautilus back to how it was, in the event of a system update issue, or new sound pack install going wrong, or the SSD developing a fault.

Buzz314

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything worked as you described. Thank you - that has saved me many hours of trying to figure this out on my own. The people on this forum are very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge. I am grateful for people like you and the many others that have provided help in the past!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked OK.

Sampling mode is really handy. Programs and Combi screens both have Sampler tabs onscreen, and Sampling mode can be very useful for quickly capturing musical moments, be they chord or key changes, riffs, and the like, to share with others, before the moment is lost. There are fewer Trigger options, but the basic method is the same.

The forum is blessed with folk willing to share, and to help.

Buzz314

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again - i'm back with more questions in sampling. In combi mode I ran the sampler hoping to save something. How do I save the sample and where does it get saved to? Would the process be the same in program mode? Thanks Confused
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default, samples are recorded to Sample memory, and will be lost when the Nautilus is powered off. The Save destination needs to be set to "Disk" in order for the recorded sample to end up directly on the Nautilus SSD. This applies equally to Sequencer, Program and Combi modes.

Samples stored in Sample memory can also be played back, by going into Sample mode, Sample Edit page, setting the Edit Range Start to 000000 and End to the maximum, and hitting Play. If several sampling recordings have been made during a session, they can be selected from the Sample drop down list. Recordings can be made in any of the modes; Sequencer, Program, or Combi, and those modes changed, and further samples made, in any order. Getting samples that are saved in RAM, onto Disk, is less straightforward. Maybe save that for another reply.

Buzz314

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where do I find 'save destination'? I didn't see it when I was looking thru the menu. Thanks
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When in Program, Combi, or Sequencer mode, the "Save to" parameter can be found on the Sampling tab. When this parameter is set to Disk, the drop down menu at top right of screen should have a menu choice "Select Directory/File for Sample to Disk". The default is the top level directory that is visible in Media mode. Any WAV files visible in the dialog box that appears, can be auditioned, without having to go into Media mode.

Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="voip"]In Sequencer mode, with the Song loaded and ready to play, tap on the Sampling tab. All the settings are there. Make sure the Source Bus is set to "L/R", Trigger is set to "Sequencer START Button", and Save is set to "Disk". Sample Mode should be set to "Stereo", and make sure the Sample Time parameter is set sufficiently long to accommodate the entire song.

We have the command "Bounce All Track to Disk" in the menu bar at Sampling page. It make the song Wav file on the internal SSD or direct on USB Media.
Buzz314

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this info has been really helpful! Some really great tips. Thanks very much to both of you!!! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Nautilus / AT All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: