Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues using the editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donethur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:04 pm    Post subject: Issues using the editor Reply with quote

Hi all, I have never been able to use the editor, and I thought it may be the cable, but the problem also happens with a new cable I just got. I own a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen and Windows 10 Home. I installed the driver version for my OS as well as the editor for Win. I have connected my Focusrite to one USB port, and the Radias to another USB port.

I did all of this in the Radias (USB + MIDI selected, but I also tried with USB only)

And this is the setting I have in the editor

I have tried other combinations without success. I understand if I open a sound I downloaded, after loading it (open) in the editor, it should load after I double clicl on it, I get this errror

Am I missing something here?. Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You indicate that the Radias is connected with the USB cable.
That means that you should in the preferences window select in the drop down lists for the RADIAS MIDI connection an entry having Radias in its name.
In the screendump you show now, your focusrite device is selected. Meaning, the editor tries to reach the Radias via the MIDI DIN ports of your audiointerface.

If you don't find an entry referring to the Radias in the drop down list, then the USB driver is not properly installed. You can check this by opening the "Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI device" application. After pressing next you get a list of installed MIDI devices. The Radias should be listed there within one of the first 10 entries. If not listed and all 10 entries are occupied, you will need to uninstall first another device (freeing up a slot) and then install the Radias to occupy that free slot.

Another option is that you use the MIDI DIN cable connections of the Radias and hook them up to your focusrite and try then the editor with the settings as in your Preferences screendump of the editor. Make sure that the Radias MIDI routing is set to USB+MIDI or MIDI in that case.

Good luck!
Donethur

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp wrote:
Hi,

You indicate that the Radias is connected with the USB cable.
That means that you should in the preferences window select in the drop down lists for the RADIAS MIDI connection an entry having Radias in its name.
In the screendump you show now, your focusrite device is selected. Meaning, the editor tries to reach the Radias via the MIDI DIN ports of your audiointerface.

If you don't find an entry referring to the Radias in the drop down list, then the USB driver is not properly installed. You can check this by opening the "Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI device" application. After pressing next you get a list of installed MIDI devices. The Radias should be listed there within one of the first 10 entries. If not listed and all 10 entries are occupied, you will need to uninstall first another device (freeing up a slot) and then install the Radias to occupy that free slot.

Another option is that you use the MIDI DIN cable connections of the Radias and hook them up to your focusrite and try then the editor with the settings as in your Preferences screendump of the editor. Make sure that the Radias MIDI routing is set to USB+MIDI or MIDI in that case.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your help. I tried what you mentioned without success Sad I removed the Nautilus as device to have an empty slot, but same issue. I don’t see the Radias delectable in the Midi In, at preferences. I tried reinstalling the driver, same result.

On the other hand, the midi DiN connection may work, I haven’t tried that yet, because it is complicate to undo my cable connection (I have a digital piano as main controller for the moment, not optimal but otherwise it is hard to connect later to control my piano libraries and Kawai has excellent keys), the thing is that this is not optimal for me. I also want to know if there is an issue with the midi usb slot, because this may affect the selling price. Not sure how to test it. I tried in the computer of my wife and I can see the radias there in preferences, but it doesn’t work anyway. Maybe it is because it is Windows 11 and the driver is for Windows 10.

Anyway, I really appreciate your help and time. If anybody has any idea it would be nice to read.

Rgds
Ricardo
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Maybe I was a bit inaccurate.
So did you uninstal the Nautilus using the "Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI device" tool to free up a slot? Good.
Ok, then you actually don't need to reinstall the driver, but rather run the "Install KORG USB-MIDI device" a while after you plugged in the Radias using the USB cable. Try also other USB ports on your PC.
Alternatively, you can also run the "Configure Korg Driver Setup Utility" and press the start button. It runs some kind of service detecting new Korg devices using USB at the moment they are plugged.

It should normally detect the Radias then. You can afterwards run again the "Uninstall KORG USB-MIDI device" tool to see if the Radias occupies now the free slot.
Only then it makes sense to run the editor and adapt the MIDI settings.

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: