Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plan for further Update 1.3 ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

as I had a look to Korg Pa5x FAQ‘s i see that there are no more dates for further Updates listed. All Features are „open-Date“.
What does that mean?
Development suspended?
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all Wonder that!

No response no info no nothing .

And this make everything even more problematic.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Xx_Joey_xX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't understand why they don't communicate better with their user base.
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if there is really a stop at korg it means that there will be no more styles and features. so it makes no sense to keep the pa5x.
since i don‘t like genos sounds it seems that i must change and look for a alternatives and go away from arrangers.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:
as I had a look to Korg Pa5x FAQ‘s i see that there are no more dates for further Updates listed. All Features are „open-Date“.
What does that mean?
Development suspended?

they mentioned the expected release dates before, but they removed them all when people went completely nuts online when they missed their first release date with a few weeks. So my guess is that they don't want to happen that again on social media and then the most logical thing to do is to remove any release date and just release updates when they are ready.

To be honest, I do understand that decision.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui wrote:

Yes but I do not understand Korg's total absence of communication and respect for their customer base.
This is shocking customer service.

If they told me it would be 12 months before the next release, I would respect that.... but absolutely nothing to comfort those who have laid out a huge amount of money for an incomplete product.
Maybe some are not bothered by it but I am sure many do NOT have that amount of money to "waste" on a substandard product.

I would love this to be fixed so I can move in and get the PA5x...... but.... will have to wait.....
I think, like many, my patience is thin.

Love all your work Qui and love all of your products I bought for my Kronos.
You are a legend my friend... Thank you

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
rubenwalters wrote:
What does that mean?
Development suspended?

they mentioned the expected release dates before, but they removed them all when people went completely nuts online when they missed their first release date with a few weeks. So my guess is that they don't want to happen that again on social media and then the most logical thing to do is to remove any release date and just release updates when they are ready.

i understand the arguments. but if we take away any perspective of any expansion/innovation, the customer also has to think about whether he is betting on the right product.
when i see what sounds or styles are available for pa5x now, it's nothing. nothing in the shop and not a single one is developing or selling anything for the pa5x.
so i have no prospect of new styles or sounds coming anytime soon. not from korg or anyone else.
understand me correctly please, i'm not a sound and styles programmer. i'm a user. and i don't notice any bugs on the pa5x and everything i need works perfectly.
but i want to be able to try something new ... if korg deletes all the plans now, everything is in question for me again.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:

when i see what sounds or styles are available for pa5x now, it's nothing. nothing in the shop and not a single one is developing or selling anything for the pa5x.

so i have no prospect of new styles or sounds coming anytime soon. not from korg or anyone else.

understand me correctly please, i'm not a sound and styles programmer. i'm a
user. and i don't notice any bugs on the pa5x and everything i need works perfectly.

but i want to be able to try something new ... if korg deletes all the plans now, everything is in question for me again.

Here is my opinion about that.

I doubt that you will see a lot of new sound sets or style packs for the korg pa5x (or yamaha genos). We live in a world nowadays where a lot of people wants everything for free, for instance I had a store where I sold 3 premium sound sets for a small fee and thousands of free sounds in sound sets. The revenue that I received from those small sales were just enough to keep my site up and running so I still could give away lots of free stuff.

Then reality kicked in and my premium sound sets were shared on torrent sites. And really, from that moment on the sales went to 0 and I had to shut down my servers.

Now for me it's not a real issue, I don't have to live from that sales, but I was really disappointed that people don't respect all the work went into the premium sets, a sound set takes hundreds of hours to finish it for the market. So that's when I decided to completely stop sharing things and focusing more on sharing the knowledge how to do things on my youtube channel.

The same thing happened with the yamaha packs from yamaha, all those paid packs from them were shared amongst everyone, so they stopped creating new sets and gave the available ones away for free (just like korg did in the bonusware section). But the end result is that almost no one will spent time on creating sounds or styles anymore because you will sell a couple of them and then everyone has them, so it's simply not worth to spent the hundreds of hours creating them.

The only solution for this is to have copyright protection for the suppliers, so that sounds or styles can't be shared. The genos has something like this with a unique key, but that is way to difficult for most users to supply. Korg only has it with an SD card for now.

So in my opinion, if you really want new styles or sounds then you have to learn how to do that and spent those hundreds of hours yourself. The knowledge how to do this is out there but it will take time to learn it.

But some suppliers seems still to create sounds or styles. You can use the pa4x styles on the pa5x and you can buy them here (12 euro per style)
https://www.d-o-o.de/

Last edited by QuiRobinez on Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
rubenwalters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i see i'm someone who knows that i have to pay for good work. because someone also lives from it. but you're right, many people think you get everything for free. but at some point they might realise that this can't work. then when they have nothing left themselves.
i thought korg had introduced something like that with the musikant. it can't be copied and only works on the licensed device.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:

In addition to your remark, Korg gave us 35 new styles with the latest OS V1.20 update. These are really good and are for lot's of the songs from the latest era.

for instance here are a few examples of the new styles korg has added for free in that os 1.20 with the style name and the original songname and artist

Shivering Groove -> Ed Sheeran - Shivers
Ain´t Worry Pop -> OneRepublic - I Ain’t Worried
Loser Pop -> Charlie Puth - Loser
Shark Pop -> Imagine Dragons - Sharks
Habit Groove -> Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
Mileys Pop Groove -> Miley Cyrus - Jaded
Missing love soul > Stonekeepers - i'll be missing your love
Cold Heart Remix -> Dua Lipa - Cold Heart
Fly the Soul -> Bruno Mars - Fly as me
Bescki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:
I really don't understand why they don't communicate better with their user base.

maybe they want to quit from professional arrangers, like Roland....

I am waiting to see Genos 2 on Nov 15. So, after Roland, Korg, maybe its time for Yamaha Very Happy
2004 = Korg Pa1x
2000 = Roland Va-7
1998 = Roland E-86
1996 = Yamaha ?!
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:59 am    Post subject: Because they don't have to Reply with quote

what QuiRobinez said is true , many of hours a lot of work involved and you should be paid for it..
But you're not selling me the keyboard just the style.

It's their keyboard they should support us which styles that everyone wants and if they cannot give us a style that close to ( as a example) Fly the Soul -> Bruno Mars - Fly as me..
I can get a karaoke track sounds better then what comes out of the PA 4-5 or six
also with backup singers that sounds great.

So if I have the style oh Bruno Mars do I play it over and over 10 minute song because I can make it longer.
Or do it close to the original that's only three minutes long..

if kord does not give us the styles for free then there's no reason do you use a keyboard like korg.
People that just wanna play strange weird music or just play the Blues and jam all day that's different. You could get a lot inexpensive keyboard to do that.

if korg gave me a style for earth wind and fire the karaoke track which sign better also with backup singers.

But if you just wanna pretend that you're a great songwriter because you're using somebody else's backing tracks.
And now you are the conductor of the band.

Well then that's another discussion.
But keep playing and enjoy the music
just my opinion.
What do you think Me

and

Xx_Joey_xX wrote:

Because they don't have to .
tgv777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:
What does that mean?
Development suspended?

As I wrote in a former post, Korg France announced that the next update for the OS should be in December this year.
This was announced during a seminar organized by the French major keyboard retailer last month.
That 's all I can say !
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Plan for further Update 1.3 ? Reply with quote

rubenwalters wrote:
not a single one is developing or selling anything for the pa5x.

This is not accurate , seems that you lack knowledge , Korg provided new Styles and KBD Sets via OS v1.2 as Qui noted and concerning
third party creators , WavesArt has created premium sound libraries exclusively
made in Pa5X since beginning of 2023.
Yes some existing bugs are still present and interface facilities are missing that will be added in December OS upgrade , but after OS v1.2
I was able to create Sounds & Styles at any advanced level.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, one can always download the factory styles from prior Korg keyboards from the Bonusware site.
I’d never spotted the legacy styles before ( pa80/500/800/pa1x/pa3x) just the 1 to 42 bonus style sets. Unfortunately not the Pa4x factory banks, or at least, not yet.

Even though they’ll probably require tweaking , they appear to be converting reasonably well.

Qui’s video’s are extremely helpful to learn how to do some of the stuff ourselves.

HOBBYIST

PA5X 88 note
Wavesart CFX 9ft Grand Piano 🥰
Wavesart Japanese Grand Piano

Yamaha PSR SX900

Band in a Box 2023
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa5X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: