Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANY IDEAS FOR MY FAULTY TE61?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
helminsen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject: ANY IDEAS FOR MY FAULTY TE61? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have Triton Extreme that is not working and Im totally out of ideas to get it repaired.

It boots up and running OS 1.0.5 but here are the issues:

On the left side of the screen, only the COMBI and PROG buttons respond (the realtime controllers seems to work)

On the right side of the screen only the numeric keys 1 and 2 responds, and only the buttons of Bank C + J responds but I'm able to enter all banks through the touch screen and it looks like all programs and combis works...

Last but not least, the keybed is almost not responding...
Only the lower C, all G#s, A#s and C#s is responding. All others are totally dead.

I have also tried to enter "diagnistic mode" (Enter+5 at boot up), but since the buttons are not responding I'm unable to enter...

Been fault searching for a long time, had the internals totally dismantled, checked connectors etc. but all seems fine.

The next big and costly step was by replacing the main board (KLM-2470), but no difference.
Then I replaced the power suppy board (KLM-2289) - still no difference.
Lastly I replaced the right "buttons board" (KLM-2473) to check if this would let me enter "diagnostic mode" - but no difference

Now I'm totally out of ideas and have spent alot of money already.
Could it be one or more bad internal cables?

Any ideas to get me further is highly appreciated.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of possible reasons why those symptoms are being observed. Long term storage in cold humid and/or dusty environments is probably the main cause of loss of functionality, leading to contact oxidation or contamination. Drink spills, or rainwater ingress are another. It doesn't take much; as little as a single drop of liquid in the wrong place will cause problems. Sometimes repeatedly pressing non functional buttons with reasonable (but not excessive) force can restore some functionality. Likewise, a period of keyboard use may help. If these measures produce no discernible improvement, then it may be that the strobe lines, or their drivers, may have faults. Diagnosis and repair will require some electronics skills, or a keyboard tech to have a look.

helminsen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
There are a number of possible reasons why those symptoms are being observed. Long term storage in cold humid and/or dusty environments is probably the main cause of loss of functionality, leading to contact oxidation or contamination. Drink spills, or rainwater ingress are another. It doesn't take much; as little as a single drop of liquid in the wrong place will cause problems. Sometimes repeatedly pressing non functional buttons with reasonable (but not excessive) force can restore some functionality. Likewise, a period of keyboard use may help. If these measures produce no discernible improvement, then it may be that the strobe lines, or their drivers, may have faults. Diagnosis and repair will require some electronics skills, or a keyboard tech to have a look.

Thanks for the message!

As mentioned, the board has been fully dismantled and everythink looks to be in very good order.
No signs of corrosion, humidity damages etc and it has had very little use in it's lifetime.
The keybed is flawless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: