Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Drum bug: pitch sweep on step 9 when parameter locked

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drumbug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject: Volca Drum bug: pitch sweep on step 9 when parameter locked Reply with quote

Hi,

I found a bug on my Volca Drum that I couldn't find any description of here yet:

When I enter a sequence/pattern for part 1 and then introduce a per-step parameter lock for the pitch parameter of layer 2 for step 9, as soon as I'm playing the sequence, step 9 will have a random up-down pitch sweep, no matter which value/note that pitch parameter lock is set to and regardless whether pitch quantization is on or off. This bug is easily reproducible as it occurs every time I try, but only on part 1, layer 2, step 9. I wasn't able to reproduce it anywhere else (I systematically tried all other parts with each of their respective layers and with each of their 16 steps). When using motion recording, for some reason it doesnt occur immediately, but as soon as I set an additional pitch parameter lock for any of the 16 steps, step 9 will have that pitch sweep.

It's easiest to perceive when the sound source of layer 2 is set to either sine or saw, with attack set to zero and release set to 100 and above, but it also happens with the sound source set to one of the filtered noise types. Step 9 doesn't even need to be triggered (but it must be an active step within the sequence); as long as the release tail of one of the earlier steps is long enough for the sound to ring out into step 9, I'm clearly hearing that pitch sweep. It goes away when I clear the parameter locks and motion recording by using FUNC+13, and is then easily reproducible by repeating the steps described above.

It's slightly annoying but not a very big deal for me as I can easily work around it by just avoiding setting a pitch parameter lock for that particular step in layer 2 of part 1 (and being careful not to have selected both layers before trying to set a parameter lock for step 9 in layer 1, as layer 2 will obviously also be affected and the bug will occur).

For the sake of documentation and in the unlikely case that someone at Korg reads this and might even add it to a bugfixing to-do list for the even more unlikely case of another firmware update being in the making, I'm pointing it out here.

I'm on firmware version 1.14 btw.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this bug? I bought my unit used, but everything else works flawlessly and this clearly appears to be a firmware issue. I think someone at reddit already pointed it out as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: