Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the user data stored?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Software and Consoles (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salomao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Where is the user data stored? Reply with quote

Hello all

I've been playing with TRITON EXTREME standalone app for Windows and an important question came to my mind. Where is the user data stored? I mean, I can create and save my own combinations but then, if I need to use them elsewhere, how can I do it?
Imagine I create a few combinations to live performance, using my home desktop PC, but then I want to play them using my laptop (where the TRITON EXTREME app is also Installed). How can I do that?

Also, if for some reason I buy a new PC to replace the one I use currently, how can I export my programs/combinations?

Thank you all
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a Save As option, when saving your own Programs and Combis? If so, the dialogue box should give some sort of clues to where in the filing system the files are being saved. Also, when loading saved Programs and Combis, is there not a list of files/directories displayed?

salomao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, there is a save option, but you arent given the option to choose where to save or any other info (file name, etc).
There is NO load option, meaning when you start the app again your saved combis will be there, in the USER Banks.

I wish I know where is that data stored so I can use it in a different Windows PC.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it's a little disappointing to find that there is no import/export feature in the Triton app, nor the ability to make a backup of user created Programs and Combis. Some of the older Legacy Collection programs certainly allowed saving banks as .fxb files, with the default directory being the "My Documents" directory. There are .fxb files for e.g. the Legacy Cell in

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\KORG\LegacyCell\LegacyCell.fxb

It might also be worth looking in the Program Files\KORG directory, if such a directory exists.

There is some useful software called Everything, which will give a listing of file locations, based on simple search criteria. The Everything program can be downloaded from:

www.voidtools.com
salomao

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wich I could send an email to Korg support services, asking for that, but there is no available email address...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Software and Consoles (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: